1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 93 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 9:30 AM by s7ra1gh7upb3as7 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...
    jliba12

I don't really understand lag comp. I always thought it was as simple as what you shoot, you hit, even if you don't shoot yet in the other screen. Does it work both ways, or what? I also thought that the worse connection you had, the more time given for you to kill an enemy before he kills you.

• 21. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...
    PenguinAvenger

^---- this happens to me in Raid...I spawn falling to my death.

• 22. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

n3r0s wrote:

I think MW3 had the best online netcode.

Yeah I think so too. I'm still struggling to see where its all been going so wrong. In the begining of MW3, you couldn't hit a broadside of a barn door, yet the enemy was able to turn around and kill you, a lot like this game is right now. People were screaming for it to be fixed, and after a short time it was. SO,,,, why the heck can't they do it for this game, what is the problem and why is it taking so long???

• 23. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

I believe in lag because I can see differences between consecutive games.  I can be in one game and have none of my shots that happened locally register on the kill cam (or my shots are always behind the circle strafing opponent on the kill cam), then join a completely different game and the I can see that I'm at least shooting back and hitting the opponent when I'm killed.

• 24. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

Im lagging worse on black ops2 than MW3. Its very rare when I complete a full game because Im behind so much.

The other day a guy shot a rifle towards me but the white tracer-line from the bullet went into the boat but I got killed. Wasnt even close to me on my end. I also seen a shotgun kill me and he wasnt close.

A lot of times I pull the trigger as soon as I see someone and im falling to the ground dead before any bullets leave my gun. Im lagging a fraction behind awhole lot.  Usually I can tell how bad Im going to lag when the game is loading to start. But lag is here for sure.

• 25. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...
    PikaBoo

Its the same its all connection based. If you're near the host you might as well be host on Reflex. If you're far from host you aren't pulling host on Reflex...if you get the comparison....

At least in Reflex people only cared about having fun. BO and beyond it was all you're noob for not having 12 kdr (that they get sitting in a corner waiting for people to pass by)

It's like people forgot that this was a game. It irks me when i run into lobbies of no action anymore because everyone's too busy caring for their precious kdr :[

• 26. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

Lag comp is what makes you able to kill people where they stand. It compensates for the time it takes to get from 1 screen to the other. No internet in the world , no matter how fast, has no lag, so without lag comp the game would be pretty much unplayable, the best I can offer as a similiarity is what MWR was like, only worse. Someone with a bad connection would be shooting at a guy who moved from that spot about 8 seconds ago.

The vast majority of players dont have good internet, compared to what the top guys have, and when the game went through a growth spurt in the online part, something had to be done to keep people playing, and to make it an equal playing field, as best they could. Lag comp is amazing, without it the game would die. Its the connection to the host, which is lag, not lag comp, thats frustrating as hell, and its pretty much impossible to fix. I just cant understand whats being done differently with this game, as oppse to previous cods.

• 27. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

There`s MANY players on ALL consoles complaining about the inconsistency game to game, even mid game it changes, you can be 12-0 1 minute and 12-14 the next , in the same game.

Im in no way clever enough to decipher the problem, but its not the playerbase size, and its not the U console. MW3 was better than BO1 for lag and BS connection stuff, but BO2 is going back to the WAW days. Infinity ward do something different to Treyarch regarding connection, as MW3 was fine for me, and the other consoles say MW2 was the best connections we`ve ever had. Wheras MWR and WAW both had lag shooting, and BO1 and BO2 both have lag issues. Im not hating on Treyarch, as I dont know the ins and outs, and what needs to be done to fix stuff, or if its even possible.

I just know that with a good connection im god, on a bad connection im a complete scrub. Something isnt correct

• 28. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...

I was 0.02 in reflex

From what I remember, I was 0.80 in WAW (complete noob to gaming) , 0.02 in reflex(played about 3 games) , 1.80ish in BO1, and 2.75 in MW3. BO2 so far on my new account im around 1.36, but its not a fair comparison to say its worse as the game is completely different, its 6v6, its more close quarters, and as flag capper by nature, its harder to get flags due to the smaller maps and more enemy players - not to mention playing the BO2 game pretty much solo, as opposed to parties in the previous cods. Also this game is somewhat more hardcore due to the fact that of the 4000 regular online players, probably 3000 are hardcore who`ve played this just to play cod - the sucky squeakers and hacker still have wii`s. So in general the game is going to play harder. I feel we`ve moved up a level, and its a learning curve. Thats no excuse for connection issues, but to compare games is wrong.

PS Pauly, me and you are getting older bro, dem skillz are on the wane we`ve nearly 100 years on the earth between us. Hell ,me and you together are older than the entire InK clan put together

• 29. Re: To all the people blaming the lag, op gun, etc, and giving examples...
    nintendon't

Yep, all the guys noobtubing, abusing OP guns, chaining choppers, and using performance enhancing perks like Stopping Power/Jug didn't care about KD at all. They played for FUN. Reflex was the BEST.....GAME ......EVERRRRRRRR.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next