44 Replies Latest reply: Jul 31, 2013 12:45 PM by My_Wicked_ RSS

The Stray Dog ~ Surviving

Izjar11

COD,

Something that isn't very much mentioned here is how each player cope with the ability to survive, survive being shot at, survive explosions, any form of attack.

I will always try to win through survival, I play this game with this in the back of my mind --- I Refuse to Die----

So what am I am talking about? Moving to cover, jumping out of the way, hiding when necessary, moving left and right to avoid bullets, getting chased and knowing how to react, do you use calm reactions or quick reactions?

Sounds silly but knowing when to survive is critical to winning, playing better, and kicking A----s-s.

Note: To the haters who play and the ones whom blame "lag" for everything if this thread is pointless so be it, its not meant for you, please refrain from posting. This is not a thread for excuses.

Simply put:

"If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you"

or

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position"

• Re: The Stray Dog ~ Surviving
    gambit1969

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/MrMarlboro2009/Chuckapproves_zps5d55bc6a.jpg

Im_A_Drag85

i've gotta agree with you, the players that don't choose to run, dive, move, or seek cover are the ones who literally bite the bullet

the bad thing is, when you go to seek cover behind a wall, vehicle, bolder, etc....sometimes you still get nabbed with bullets that seem to curve around from angelina jolie's gun lol

Foxhound-Pro

You should really supplement this with video footage, class setups and much more.

TRU11

well i was great in doing what you describe but in this game bullets seem to get me even when on my screen im behind cover.

actually im not sure if there is such thing as cover in this game.

bullets will pierce anything lol.

Izjar11

I know, but given good connection you get out maneuver many various players. I do it all the time, with or with latency being a issue.

TRU11

well first thing i learned when starting playing a FPS was use cover lol.

Counterstrike had no respawning until round was over hahahha.

i learned quick.

this game however really got 2 extremes.
        1 are the dumb rushers who cry camp when they get shot.

2 are the guys that will hardly move with there TF or shotgun and will often go to the same place after death lol.

zvers

Exactly. As I recall, some were complaining about LMG's taking forever to ADS. Now that I have 2 of the maxed (LSW and HMR) I can firmly say, having that laser site on makes all the difference. Example, I ran into one player on Hijacked. They had an SMG (CQC, they should win) and I had my LSW (grip, silencer, laser). As soon as I saw them, I immediatly strafed left, no zoom hip firing and guess what. I took that player out and another who seemed to walk into the wrong room at the wrong time. Moving and firing is key in survival, especially against weapons that should out class you in certain situations.

TRU11

well thats probaly the best example on how broken this game is and how skill means nothing lol.

common sense and BO2 dont go togheter lol.

Dan313theman

I ran around the corner and saw this guy running past me.  We both had LMGs, but I didn't have laser sight, and when I strafed to hip fire, he basically did the same.  Unfortanetly for me I guess he did it better.  Whould the laser sight have improved my odds?  I like running with Suppressor and target finder, for those very hard to see people who peek over cover to try and get me.  

Dan313theman

Including solid rock

steelydeely

I think a lot of it too has to be just from playing COD for so many years you can basically predict not every but most of the moves the enemy player is going to make. I'm constantly thinking "well if i was them and not as smart as my original self...what would i do here?". I keep moving too. And I've been called a cheater or whatever because i've killed people extremely quick when they are posted up at a part of the map that they think is "unique" or nobody will ever look. You just learn little tid bits over the years on what to do. I'm talking about throwing a grenade to the right, and running left. Just random stuff like that. People have yelled at me before on Standoff a lot. We start the match spawning at the C flag, I go right middle heading towards B and before the second story window by A even becomes visible I'm already strafing right, locked on to that window shooting while gliding behind the tank. Boom got him. Stuff like that. Just from playing for so long peoples moves become predictable and I know long go into panic mode when some ish is going down. I'm quick and calm

Izjar11

I tried sharing this video to the rest of the community but not many commented. I wont very much recommend it:

https://elite.callofduty.com/elitetv/tv/video/2085964933001?sort=allepisodes&lan g=en&1360987286247

They are on our elite tv channels this video speaks about how this game is played at its best.

Izjar11

COD,

A question: Who believes that this is more or less true in COD?

If the opponent is very good, he will place his victim in an environment he can control.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Stay dogged 'til you are actually killed.

In a game a while back, I was heading up one of the ramps in Express approaching the garbage can.  I met mid-ramp two opponents coming from the tracks and killed them.  They spawned right at the tracks again and flashed and and concussed me. 

I mean, flashed and cuncussed as one can be flashed and concussed.  At this point I had taken cover behind the garbage can and apparently my hip fire position was by pure chance aiming perfectly at the point of their entry.  Not being able to see or move, I just fired blind. 

I killed them again.  They spawned again and flashed and concussed again.  Still couldn't see or move but just timed my firing,  Kill them again. 

They got me the third time. 

Sometimes with doggedness and a little luck, you'll  at least take a few of 'em with you before they get you. 

Izjar11

Yppecaye_the_Dogged wrote:

Sometimes with doggedness and a little luck, you'll  at least take a few of 'em with you before they get you. 

Thats how I play, survive as much as I can and If death is imminent im taking one down with me. This game is all about survival, it really is. Hey I wanted to add you to my PSN if interested send me an invite so we can play TDM (egotrip7809)

ghamorra

I find that the games where I have the least deaths I'm more successful. I posted a thread several weeks ago saying the secret to CoD is not dying. People hated it because they automatically assumed I was talking about camping.

Shows how simple minded this community can be. I won't spell out the secret like I did last time, that's their loss if they can't put together the correlation between not dying and success.

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

I find that the games where I have the least deaths I'm more successful. I posted a thread several weeks ago saying the secret to CoD is not dying. People hated it because they automatically assumed I was talking about camping.

Shows how simple minded this community can be. I won't spell out the secret like I did last time, that's their loss if they can't put together the correlation between not dying and success.

G this game is designed to kill you, the less of that you can avoid the better you do. Something many here fail to realize.

Izjar11

I wanted to share this quote COD which I believe is 100% accurate:

“The best fighter is never angry.”

xDBL28x

"The *smartest fighter is never angry"

The problem with CoD and life is that the smartest guy doesn't always win.

I'll take a game I played last night as an example. I got 8 bloodthirstys in a Dom game on Hijacked and got sniped off of every streak. I got infuriated when that same sniper called in a VSAT. I charged forward out of my spawn killed the sniper, ended up getting an ultra-kill along with a VSAT and EMP.

I got angry and turned into the hulk and destroyed everything in my path