41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 12:24 AM by BCCSinCARA RSS

Why people bought the Wii U

LEO497

I dont think not having dlc is fair because for the people that bought the wii u like me thought that now since we have everything the other platforms have, we were going to get everything, but no. Youre treating us the same way you treated us in the past. This will give you less sales because people are going to look if we get everything that the other platforms get. To be exact sometimes I even think why I bought the wii u if were not going to get everything the other platforms get.

• Re: Why people bought the Wii U
    Ronin2012

havent i read this before?

Padiego

Lock inbound!

skMace0

*facepalm*

For real.  I bought this game on the WiiU expecting equivilant online play.  If I thought that WiiU owners were going to be third class citizens then I really would not have purchased the game.  I personally have been responsible for convincing two people into buying the WiiU/bo2 who were perectly happy playing battlefield on xbox.  Treyarch's lack of support is making ME look like an ******* for recommending a game they put out.  The game is already an awefull pub and scrub with aim assist that can track people through walls, the least that could be done would be to provide timely updates and DLC.  This game is currently the ONLY online FPS available for WiiU; An intelligent person would expect that a company that already ported a game to the system would invest the minimal effort to win some hearts and minds.  I am far from convinced.  The theater system is down nearly 50% of the time and we have no DLC.  What's up with this game?

jliba12

Theater is never down for me. If you wanted an equivalent onlnie play, then go to the other consoles. Don't expect a console with a couple thousand players is going to be equivalent. Did you really buy it to have the same experience as an PS360? Buy one of those then! Only reason you should buy a Wii U PURELY for COD is either for the Wiimote controls or your friends have it. Everything else, all the other consoles have but cheaper and quicker support.

I said this once I'll say it again. DLC won't be fun playing with 100 other players on maps that will just become regular maps pretty soon where it takes longer to find a game and it ends up having worse connection because the players are more dispersed.

You are right.  I didn't pay as much as everyone else did on the other systems.  Better hardware and off TV play is pointless.

Padiego

You're missing the point. Dlc would do more bad than good. unless treyarch can magically improve connections, dlc will just ruin mp for everyone by splitting an already small community.

As someone who obviously played ET, you should be aware that there is no reason the connection issues exist in the first place...  That being said, I have no problem finding populated servers with good latency for domination/demolition.  I fail to see how more maps would lead to an issue.

thrift24 wrote:  I fail to see how more maps would lead to an issue.

Its been explained pretty good in this thread. What are you missing?

I am not missing anything.  The only argument that I have heard that makes any sense is that the community is not big enough to handle more maps, but I don't think that's accurate.  I would think a good way to reduce the size of the community is to have people lose interest in the game by treating the platform as an afterthought.   If the DLC would really be a problem due to fragmentation then release it for free as part of an update, the work has already been done and the community isn't going to grow without support.

thrift24 wrote:

I am not missing anything.  The only argument that I have heard that makes any sense is that the community is not big enough to handle more maps, but I don't think that's accurate.  I would think a good way to reduce the size of the community is to have people lose interest in the game by treating the platform as an afterthought.   If the DLC would really be a problem due to fragmentation then release it for free as part of an update, the work has already been done and the community isn't going to grow without support.

Now you're talking.

Wow...... Finally! A few of you get it,nicely said. In order to grow the community chances need to be taken. Couple things for ya...... If you keep doin the same thing .......you will continually get the same results. I guarantee dlc will be a huge hit on the wiiu, people are so starved to be "just like the other consoles " they will buy it if for no other reason than out of curiosity. Hey trey arch sometimes you gotta spend a little money to make a lot of money. If you build it they will come . I bought the console for the motion controls and to primarily play cod period that's it. I like the console , the games getting better, I'll sell it in a second if they move away from the motion controls on fps games on here. Just one 47 year olds opinion.

Agreed

EliteKing

i bought it because i am a nintendo fan who happens to LOVE COD.

motion controls were the best thing to happen to this world since sliced bread.

i couldnt and wouldnt want to imagine playing a COD game without the freedom of literal hand to hand combat.

its an acquired taste and hard to master, but boy is it damn fun!

Convict7

Reason I bought Wii U is because Wii is pretty much dead to me now, nothing interesting left to play.

I don't get it though, why are some people saying how they will sell their Wii U because we won't get DLC, who buys a console because of CoD?

OFCPaul1974

Yeah my thoughts too! I purchased this console for many other games, the fact i love cod with motion controls was a huge bonus! I am loving other games too, in fact I love zombi u more then COD! but pikmin 3, watchdogs, the wonderful 101, Need for Speed, Project cars are high on my wanted list!

I love the internet browser, I love miiverse and i'm hoping TVii will come at some point to Europe! and Eshop is so simple to use, I never used this on Wii! I also love that I can sit and play Trine 2 or nano assault or zen pinball 2, some nintendoland on the gamepad whilst the kids watch Jake and the Neverland pirates or the wife watches another one of her shows!!

My internet is rubbish so I'm pleased unlike PS4 gamers with their vita I can play on the game pad without needing internet and have no latency at all.

DLC is something for the future me thinks, lets get past this debate! we know people are annoyed and feel 3rd rate but I think the only reason it is not here is current online numbers. There is no other reason as the console is capable.

Padiego

As greedy as ubisoft is, at least they release mp dlc( that no one ever plays) for dlc, not to mention they're having a sale, all ubisoft games at the eshop 30% off. Seems to me like they're actually trying to find a way to please us afer they screwed us over. Also, notice how nintendo is allowing the company that backstabbed them to release dlc on their system. When i get home today, i'll be buying the new dlc for ac3 that came out today (i cant stay mad at ubisoft forever....).

OFCPaul1974

is the AC3 dlc for singlr player or multiplayer? if single player then I understand having it as you dont need others to play! from ehat i hear no one yet plays the multi player on Ac3???

Yes to some extent I always thought lack of DLC on cod was pure greed from Activision but people got me thinking that with connection being blamed on current lack of numbers this would get worse if the community was split say 50/50 with those having DLC and those not?

Short is: I would not get rid of the wiiu just because we did not get DLC for cod! i never got rid of my wii when we never got DLC for that console.

Padiego

As of now, there's 4 dlc packs. One is free, $5 single player, $10 multiplayer(its a map pack and some stickers), $10 single player. Oh and when you get to a certain point in MP, you have to buy an online pass. Yeah, activision isnt the only greedy moneywhore around.

I agree. I mean, I still think we should get DLC for BO2 (I want Nuketown even more) but, I mean, it's no reason to buy a console over one game. And to all of those who say "I'm gonna sell my Wii U if we don't get DLC!" I say, " You want DLC? The go play some damn Assassin's Creed III. "

for me, to have fun with wii remote controls in superb graphics and all features like the other systems xD and free of stupid game destroying hacker's

M4GNUM

Why I bought the U over 360/PS3: Wiimote, HD graphics, dual screen, Nintendo titles, no hacking, COD in HD

Why I didn't by the U: COD DLC (I hope for it, but not the reason I bought the U or COD)

Why some aren't buying U COD: no DLC, bought the U for family titles, bought too many of the other titles, M rating, connection, lag

Why some aren't buying the U: economy, saving for PS4/720, can't hack, fanboy of other consoles, still content with the OG Wii, waiting for price to drop, motion controls not pushed as hard as on the OG Wii

Why I'm excited for 720/PS4: I can buy a 360/PS3 on the cheap

Why the U's numbers will increase: 720/PS4 will be priced too high - some will defect to the U; the U's pricepoint will drop due to lackluster sales; the U will continue to sell though - they have higher numbers than the launch of 360/PS3 at the same time period

How to get higher U numbers: drop U pricepoint a tad at launch of PS4/720, give Nuketown for free, release DLC, co-op advertising of Activision + Nintendo, fix lag/connectivity

OFCPaul1974

I agreed with all until your last point! Activision will never give anything FREE! heck I could even imagine the CEO of activision charging his mum for eating dinner at his house!!! that's how I see activision....

CEO " ok love the idea people, tell me the most important part", how can we get more money out of the customer???? what! you have no ideas! well in that case "your fired"

I know as you that if Activision offered FREE dlc to Wii u be it 2/3 months after the dlc dropped on other consoles as they pay it would bring many many people to wii u and others who have wii u to buy the damn game! speculate to accumulate!

once people come then future games can start charging and dropping it for the wii u at the same time as ps3/4 and PC assuming the exclusive deal with MS continues.

Padiego

Co-op advertisement with activision? Release dlc? Fix lag? You're better off wishing for world peace.

Ai-Silentshot

LEO497 wrote:

I dont think not having dlc is fair because for the people that bought the wii u like me thought that now since we have everything the other platforms have, we were going to get everything, but no. Youre treating us the same way you treated us in the past. This will give you less sales because people are going to look if we get everything that the other platforms get. To be exact sometimes I even think why I bought the wii u if were not going to get everything the other platforms get.

*stops reading *

* goes to black ops 1 forum *

* goes to mw3 forum *

Yea, yea we have indeed read this before.

chad111

I'll bet that most will buy the mappacks, hell, they bought the game, why would they not buy the mappacks? Besides, there is more than enough to play on both sides of the split, if and when the split takes place.

If we cannot buy the dlc, then give it for free, it should have been included on the disc to start with.

crazydoogs

the only maps we should get for free are nuketown 2025 and nuketown zombies. these were free for preorders and season pass so why not give us these maps?? no split of player base. any other dlc would be a bonus.

GermanicMexican

Shipment, Dome (World at War) and Nuketown

T-boss

i was getting wiiU so i said 'might as well get that version of COD'. ofcourse someone in my family is a fanboy and went and got the xbox version. i played that version and noticed 3x as much people using cheap ****, everyone cusing eachother out, ect. + i cant use wiimote =/.   got wiiU because 1. i like a veriety of games, nintendo is almost garenteed to deliver there, + there should be enough 3rd party support. i also got lucky and the 360/PS3 ports were games i didnt get. pikmin 3, NFS, watchdogs should be mostly enough.

part because i like nintendo, alot less A-hole moves (the CEO lowered his own paycheck when the company lost money for the first time in like 20 years vs. sony who is 1/5th its original size and still has a CEO who didnt lose his check), 360s best version requirement(which may cost them next gen), 720 realistily doing no 2ndhand/required internet.

may get PS4 later on or gaming rig if PS4 doesnt ofer enough. PS4 final quality games give ruffly 50-100% increase over wiiU but mostly in minor areas like framerate/resolution. not getting 720.

spongy562

Zelda HD. Every game I get up until that point is to tide me over. Nothing more, nothing less.

BCCSinCARA

im happy with my wii u