20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 1:46 PM by c4rl RSS

Knifing is a joke

XodinsravenX

Anyone else think knifing should have been fixed by now its almost impossible.

• Re: Knifing is a joke
    xmrythem

lol knifing is pretty bad.

I love when I hear "woosh" behind me, turn around and just shoot someone and then hear, WTF! screamed over coms.

Like it should be. People are shooting guns, why would anyone bring a knife to a gun fight?

TacoFlavordKeesez

I actually remembered to hit B & knifed twice last night intentionally, Meh. Before I changed my control layout, I would spaz-knife while I was trying to shoot. Now I just spaz-dropshot.

Yea, it sucks. It's so bad to the point that I use it only as a last resort. You should see some of the bs in sticks and stones. You get 3 or 4 ppl dancing a jig round each other, getting "dead on" knife hits, only to be killed by someone who knifed the air beside you. I don't even try to knife the "camper" who doesn't even know I'm there because too many times I've walked right up behind someone, knifed them square in the back, only for them to turn round and kill me. My advice, use it as little as possible.

TheSurgeon83

It's perfect as it is. Nothing made me rage in previous titles like being swipe lunged from metres away.

As SanAndreas said, you wouldn't bring a knife to a gunfight, previously too many people relied on the lunge to with CQC battles, now they have to use their gun.

maccabi

XodinsravenX wrote:

Anyone else think knifing should have been fixed by now its almost impossible.

nope its not impossible you just have to actually aim now instead of just hitting the button and getting a kill..

What?!?!? I wouldn't normally disagree with you, but knifing is a joke. I say this because as I stated before, too many times I have someone looking out a window, having no idea I'm there, dead to rights, I walk up behind them, staring at their back, knife them, and get nothing but a "swoosh", only for them to kill ME. I mean literally almost their whole body filling up my screen, both of us standing dead still, and "swoosh", nothing. You can't tell me that has anything to do with aiming or accuracy. It seems to me that too many ppl got outplayed in previous titles by someone simply being quicker than them with their knife, and blame it all on panic knifing. Congrats, we now have a worthless knifing system.

i actually like the knife the way it is, stops bad players from knifing me.

MrCoates28210

I remember knifing the bottom of a ladder this guy was climbing and getting a kill, haha

JBurn244

Hop on MW3 real quick and play until you get knife lunged. You'll then appreciate how the knife works as it should in this game.

LordPookums

Actually I considered mw3 knife perhaps the perfect knife setup in the CoD series. I had no problem with it. In fact, one thing I was really good at, was knifing players before they knifed me. It wasn't panic, and it was purely intentional. That didn't stop players from complaining it was a "panic knife." They were plain wrong though.

I would like every CoD to have the MW3 knife system. (or something close to it).

All I have to say to anyone on discussions of knifing...is if you didn't play MW2 when it came out...and understand the insanity of the combat knife...or better yet, the superspeed combat knife + Care package glitch turbo boost...then you have no idea what a broken knife system truly is..

The only game so far...where knifing was definitively broken in terms of power...was the combat knife of MW2. That is it. Blops 2 is broken in the opposite way in terms of weakness.

Roush

My knife is diamond - dont see an issue with it if you use it with the correct perks

goober11

BOps 2 knifing is harder than the last 3 CODs. MW2 was out of control with commando and tactical knife.  But BOps 2 is on the other end. I am often surprised how many times you can be right next to a guy and still miss him on your lunge. I actually don't care that much about knifing except for now that I am trying to do combat knife challenges it is a major pain.

Knifing on MW3 was ridiculously easy, you could be 5 feet away from the guy and still knife him?? But BO2 is the other end of the scale, it is nigh on impossible to stab people on the move, even if ur right next to them you just “swoosh" and it does nothing lol. I've found that the only time it seems to work is when stab them in the back (when their standing still) or slash their necks. My clan and I sometimes play a custom game where all we have is combat knife and flashbangs. There's usually loads of us, we'll select a map like hijacked and then we just run round like lunatics trying to stab each other and just end up dancing round each other for ages. It's hilarious!

duo962

Along with destroying knifing they destroyed being able to offensively use the assault shield. It uses the same targeting system except you need to hit someone twice, making it even more terrible than knifing. I used to enjoy killing people with the riot shield. Now if I use it, it's only to set up an axe or switching to a pistol.

c4rl

Oh sweet summer child. You do not recall the days of Commando knife lunging do you? After putting up with the way it was in Mw2 I wouldn't have been upset if they removed the 1 hit melee kill all together.