18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2013 9:17 PM by HarryDolans RSS

Hard Core, ASSISTS!

wtcwarrior

Idk if this was a previous topic, but I wanna know what is the MOST Assists you've gotten in Hardcore anything, TDM KC, CTF S&D? I got like 8 in TDM and 6 in KC. I'm still slightly amused at the fact a Pistol with long barrel can drop you one shot but I can get an assist (Not shooting thru objects) with a smg.

• Re: Hard Core, ASSISTS!
    rankismet

wtcwarrior wrote:

Idk if this was a previous topic, but I wanna know what is the MOST Assists you've gotten in Hardcore anything, TDM KC, CTF S&D? I got like 8 in TDM and 6 in KC. I'm still slightly amused at the fact a Pistol with long barrel can drop you one shot but I can get an assist (Not shooting thru objects) with a smg.

I average 4... most recent high was 13 on HC KC...

... but I got 42 assists in a game of MW3 HC KC.

FWIW.

nicedrewishfela

Its not hit detection, its weapon power.

When using the SMGs I doubled my overall assist count, but getting a lot of assists now while working on my pistols as well. ARs I got very few assists.

wtcwarrior

Honestly, i get like 1 maybe 2 tops with the SMG's but for some reason the Chicom gets me an incredible amount of assists. I need to get that gold just 6 more BT's then i get Diamond SMG's any advice? Im using TF (Judge go ahead) Select Fire and I think Fore Grip. Engineer is a must! lol

PerEverto13

Take off the select fire. It causes massive weapon damage drop off in exchange for full auto. Not worth it if your going for BTs.

wtcwarrior

Really? That makes sense. I thought havin the full auto feature would be better. But yea I guess 3 round burst would be more likely to hit the guy, so I guess, TF Long Barrel and Grip?

PerEverto13

I would use stock or quick draw before the grip. But thats just me.

Yeah i thought the same thing with the SWAT and boy was i wrong. No BT in 10 games took off selct fire and finished em in 3 or 4.

GHOSTandGALIL

The pistols dominate hardcore. Any single shot weapon does due to high power, and lower player health.

HarryDolans

A pistol should not have the same or greater power than an smg or assault rifle even being single shot.  It doesnt make sense that one shot from a pistol will put me down but 2-3 hit marks with an assault (not shooting through objects) wont.  This happens on a regular basis.

NoLifeKing29

You have to be extremely close to get a OHK pistol kill. I dont think it happens on a regular basis and if it does you have no sense of awareness.

HarryDolans

You do not have to be close to get a OHK with a pistol in hardcore.  It happens on a regular basis there and the range doesnt matter.  Sense of awareness doesnt take effect if a guy gets a OHK across the map with a pistol.  Even worse is when you get hitmarks with an assault rifle and he takes it like a champ to OHK you.

nicedrewishfela

As a guy working on the pistol challenges... I can tell you this isn't true. I rarely get OHK unless I happen to get a perfect headshot or the person has previous damage.

In fact, I have had to train myself to pump the trigger repeatedly to insure that I don't just get hit markers. They are powerful, but don't fool yourself by thinking they just are an insta-kill weapon. Try running around with just a pistol sometime and see how you do. Perhaps they are a OHK for you, and if so I want to know your secret.

HarryDolans

Are you playing core or HC?  I've been playing HC Search...when I do use my sniper class and I do run around I switch to my pistol and do get one hit kills.  I'm not saying I dont and its one sided.  What I am saying is more times than not I will get multiple hitmarkers when using an assault rifle and the guy will run behind cover/turn around and get a one hit kill.  I dont know if it is connection based or not and when using the pistol I am getting lucky or having the right connection but it is frustrating when a pistol outguns an assault rifle.  In hardcore they are turning into the "most powerful" weapon and I dont know if anyone else has noticed more and more people using them but in the past couple weeks I have as well as my buddies.  If you dont play hardcore check out the pistols then...especially if going for challenges.  You should finish them up in no time.

NoLifeKing29

You are talking to two HC only players, I have diamond pistols, the first pistol has great range, and can OHK at a decent distant, the Tac-45 has no range without a long barrel, and naked you have to be pretty close. This whole you get hitmarkers with an AR and he one shots you with a pistol...it doesnt happen.

HarryDolans

You have to be extremely close to get a OHK pistol kill. I dont think it happens on a regular basis and if it does you have no sense of awareness.

You are saying here that you need to be extremely close to get a OHK with a pistol but then say you can be at decent distance and get a OHK with the first pistol.  Which is it?  Getting hitmarkers with an AR and getting shot once with a pistol happens on a regular basis to me and my buddies.  Again I dont not know if it is our connection but playing S&D we get to see the replays on the final kill cam.  They enemys screen will turn red after we shoot him (showing we are getting the hitmarkers) and he will turn and get a OHK with a pistol.  I wouldn't post it on here if it wasnt happening on a regular basis or was a one time thing.  It just gets old when it happens all the time.  Being strictly a HC player have you not noticed people using pistols more than they did at the start of the game?  People are starting to realize how powerful the gun is in HC.

NoLifeKing29

Killcams aren't reliable, at all. This is common knowledge. If he really is turning and shooting you thats a connection issue or you are just really bad. Prolly a connection issue.

A decent distance, like 20 feet. Longer if its a headshot. A pistol is a great weapon for S&D, especially the first one since it has 20 rounds. I havent noticed an increase in their usage other than the modded B23Rs.

HarryDolans

I am not bringing who is better than who into this.  In the killcam you see the guy shoot once.  Get one hitmark from a good distance.  Even if my side with showing multiple hitmarkers is off it still shouldnt be a one hit kill from far away.  With the mobility you have with just a pistol and OHK's it makes it a very powerful weapon, especially in search when you have one spawn and you are trying to get to a point faster than the other guy.

20 something...spamming EMP grenades