7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 8:43 PM by Maxscart RSS

Expectation of ammount of players on the dlc day.

Ai-Silentshot

Hello,

I was wondering.. we have around 10k players around at the moment, and at top 30k. From that number, around 3% has the season pass.

Around 30% is probally gonna buy the dlc, so we have around 33% with the dlc. The dlc will probally have a special playlist,

With this post and his random numbers, my quess is that we will have around 4k players in the dlc playlist. Thats a low number and will mean more lag ( due to connecting people from everywhere to fill a lobby. )

So your wondering, silentshot, whats the real meaning of the post? Well here it is, is it actually worth it to buy the new maps? We all like new maps and for the first time a new gun, but then again, does that mean more lag and a worse gameplay?

What do you guys think?

~Saturnz

--------------------------------------------

The ammount of players is real, the ammount of players buying dlc and having the playlist is completely random thought, just a quess from me used as demonstration.

• Re: Expectation of ammount of players on the dlc day.
    VelvetUnicor

In my opinion, whether its easy to find a game on the new maps or not is fine, I'm looking forward to the peacekeeper a ton Definitely gonna buy it!

• Re: Expectation of ammount of players on the dlc day.
    Momba1

I've decided today not to spend another nickle on (any) 3arch products including the DLC unless they stop the AimBot'ers especially. What's the point?!

I'm a programmer and its so easy to spot and prevent hacking in it's present form. Simple steps:

1. Packet monitoring (all)

2. Background unsigned apps should be shutdown

3. Localized data encrypted

4. Proximity detection (i.e. Boosters)

Sadly it's not at all complicated to stop AimBots, Wall Hacks and frankly even Boosting. Boosting is very simple code to correct: 1. Tactical Insert proximity (repeats) and 2. Killing repeats especially over 'distance' (killing the same a-hole(s) over and over 3' apart - duh).

I'm downloading Crysis 3 as I'm typing this.