8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2013 4:47 PM by SanAndreasPsycho RSS

Gungame boosters...

Anyone ever notice how frequently you'll find players in Gungame who aren't even playing? I first asked, why do you see this so often? Then I realized what was going on...

Unlike other games, Gungame will not kick a player for inactivity. BO2 added the ability to sign into a second account on split screen, so basically, many people are playing split screen and logging into a second account for free kills. Their second account masks them so people won't see they are playing split screen so people don't know they are boosting.

Why does this matter to me? I get into many games where I find one guy that makes an easy kill. Not only does this take away from the value of the win, but it also give players easy kills with weapons that could potentially shift the outcome of the game.

It's annoying, and if you ever see this, report them for boosting.

• Re: Gungame boosters...
    Sora_v21

well for one it's a party game so alot of people just go in with their buddies/kids and play with them there because it's for fun.

Also how are they boosting; headshots? Gun game you switch weapons after every kill so unless you want to play 100 games to get the hs challenge I would laugh at the waste of time compared to the amount of hs available in a regular game.  Also SPM is alot lower so they can't boost that, and I'm not sure if wins in party games count towards your total w/l if they did I could see someone good playing that game with like a 20-30 w/l.

It's party games I never go in there to go balls to the walls just to mess around as I'm sure most people do.

You really want reasons for why they do it? I'm not them. It could be to get more kills, or it could be to win. I was under the impression that Party Games still count towards your overall stats? Am I wrong? The entire game is not always about SPM and camos. Gungame still allows you to rank up, and unless I'm wrong, still counts toward your overall W/L and K/D ratio. Out of 8 players, top four get credit with a victory, just like in FFA.

Besides that, I never take party games too serious either, but when one player is just giving up free kills, it is messing with the results of the game. Serious or not, the game has rules to keep it fair and fun. If I get a win but a few of my kills were free, it feels cheap. And if I pass up the player and don't kill them (which I started doing), then someone else gets a load of free kills to win the game.

It doesn't matter if it is supposed to be just for fun (cause all games are just for fun), these players are irritating because they devalue to overall fun by making it cheaper.

Sora_v21

Ok so if it bothers you that much report them and leave the game. Like you said you're in their to have fun so if other people are ruining it for you report them and leave. And frankly I love "cheap" kills if someone on the other team is afk free kill for me, I am not gonna be like "oh he is not playing I'll just let him live." It won't bother me like it apparently does to you.  Also if you are going for the win you said top 4 places out of eight place, if you can't place in the top four for the win against a majority of low lvls/splitscreeners then it is on you not those afkers.

onewiseguy

Now that you mention it i do see that a lot. Never really stopped to think about it. Nice catch!

ElseAndrew

I play Gun Game every now and then but I've never noticed it, UAV is up 100% of the time, so just hunt them down and kill them, it will piss them off and make you feel good.

xtraflossy

So it's NOT just to lower your spm and be put into easy lobbies huh

Sounds like that could also be true. There are many different players, and some could do one while some do the other. Anyways, free kills are lame. Might as well just play against bots. Anyone who is happy killing players who aren't even playing should just go back to single player. They obviously miss the point of why multiplayer is so awesome.