11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 10:22 AM by deadman45586 RSS

Snipers and shotguns

They are LITERALLY all I die from besides the knife. These types of guns are WAY too overpowered and I feel that Treyarch/Activision should make the game more fair for people (like me) that don't use these weapons and die from them all the time.

• Re: Snipers and shotguns
    cymbolmonkey115

Are you a major retard?! Snipers and shotguns are harder to use hence why they should be powerful. SMGs are the OP ones in this game... because they have quite long range... you can spray with them and it kills you in like a few shots.. you can run faster with them, they can penetrate a lot of the walls...they reload fast, they have quick RoF, they seem to have barely **** all recoil, and they are quicker to aim with..

now you tell me about why the shotgun and snipers are OP?

because all i get killed by is noobs with SMGs.. I don't care if someone kills me with a shotgun or a sniper because it must suck for any player using them since they get outstaged by the low recoil of ARs and SMGs. SMGs require no skill at all... shotguns force you to try your best to sneak around to get a kill... otherwise you will get pwned!

SitRepPro

lol snipers being overpowered.  Yeah I find they're easier to use than snipers in other games but that doesn't necessarily make them overpowered.  As for shotguns, how about use them and see if you can use them before calling them overpowered?

John_smith_senior

shotguns and sniper rifles are under powered in this game

Gerbera

Then for Snipers...stay behind cover and keep moving...and for shotguns...pay attention to your surroundings and kill them before they get closer. Simple.

bubbacake

Go back to the previous COD's (aside from MW2) and use the shotguns. Tell me how good they were then we'll talk.

scotland-rules

Shotguns are OP,

Shotguns have very very very very little range. Its more the map size that does it, If the map is small shotguns, with added skill will do well.

(the maps are mainly all small)

Simple

Snipers have to be either a 1 or 2 shot kill because they are generally sluggish to handle. They reduce your mobility and can't be effectively hipfiered like other weapons.

So yeah they need to be high powered.

If anything they face constant disadvantage due to the really really small map sizes they generally have to put up with.

fantasmo

Snipers have 100% mobility in this game. The so called lack of aim assist on snipers is simply not true, people are doing the exact same thing as in other CoDs and aim assist is still in play - treyarch simply lied in order to support their "MLG Sniper" community.

scotland-rules

From a chart I was reading it appeared to be 95% at least for the SVU sniper. I'm not sure about the others they may be 100% or 90% but I think the SVU is 95% even so, you generally have to depend on your side arm which is often ineffective when dealing with enemies head on and with the crosshairs being high on a sniper rifle using that at very CQC range is ineffective. Therefore majority of my argument still stands.

Beast_Of_America

They aren't even MLG, they're just a bunch of cheating failures who think they are. FaZe, ZzirGrizZ, they're all nothing; all they have are Children of The Corn followings. Their YT followers make CoD look like a cross between a daycare and a juvenile hall.

deadman45586

You play to much xbox. Every game gives shotguns a short range creating retards like you. They can have ranges of over 100m.

deadman45586

The snipers are underpowered and the shotguns have the range to short.