1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 147 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 5:27 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 40. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Im_A_Drag85

and the TF is in no way cheating!  it's a legit attachment in which 3arc incorporated for anyone to use.  And it's useful unlike the grip and rapid fire

• 41. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Izjar11

I'll just quote something as a response to your post, and to others who feel the need to get mad.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."

“Forget about winning and losing, forget about pride and pain”

• 42. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    mn7_la

Amen brother !!

And it applies across the board - not just campers - even those who want to complain about Rushers or Run-n-Gun-ers or any other play-style there is.

Each player is free to play the style they choose to - as long as they don't breach the contract - and as long as they don't do it intentionally to annoy other players.

MN

• 43. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    TheBeastlyDude

Hold up! I actually play to intentionally annoy players. Noob tubes, Tactician w/ dual flash bangs and concussion grenades, riot shields hiding in corners, cooking a grenade too long and martyring myself and an enemy player are just some of the tactics I use when I feel like going annoyance on the other team.

• 44. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    BlackhawkbillOO7

BuffaloSPG wrote:

Don't assume that all players start off camping.  I started playing FPS's with DOOM and started playing COD at Black Ops 1.  I can honestly say that I've NEVER been a camper.  BO1 was the first game FPS I ever played online with other people, and I was running straight into the open, right trigger down from day one.  My KD started out below .60, but I was possitive within 3 days of game time and have never looked back.

Why?  Because this isn't ******* Afghanistan we're talking about.  This isn't war.  This is a video game.  It's meant to be played for fun.  And camping aint no fun.  Just like you can't imagine people starting off as run and gunners, I can't imagine anobdy sitting around waiting on enemies to appear and finding it fun.

This isn't Afghanistan...Really? A "Camper" is normally found on TDM or KC. The reason I say this is because the other game modes that actually have objectives (CTF, DOM, etc...) they require Defenders. I have a lot of respect for a player or team that can defend their flags against me or my team. I have no respect for players who join game modes only to farm kills and not assist with the game objective...

To your point though about how this isn't war etc... camping ain't no fun... The Camper paid for his or her game as well. They might find enjoyment in the rage that they produce from the tards running around aimlessly trying to get a kill...I've played against some pretty good "Campers" , in previous COD titles, pretty good meaning they had more kills than deaths and were able to control the map and pace of the game. BO2 does not have really good "Campers" like previous titles. So when I read comments about how much the game is full of "Campers" I have to laugh because they haven't seen SH*T!!

I've played and max prestiged every COD title since Modern Warfare, and BO2 by far has the largest population of whiney babies. I play HC CTF and have over 1700 Flag Captures with a 1.29 KD. I like running versus defending but that's my preference. I could not capture any of those flags had it not been for the folks Defending our Flag.

Is this game the worst when it comes to connection...Yes, I would lean that way. Is this game conducive to camping versus previous titles... NO F***ING WAY!!! MW3...that was a camper paradise compared to BO2. 

• 45. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Bystander10

Here here Beastly Dude.  The only thing more satisfying than shooting someone is annoying them.  I just love flashes and Betties......

• 46. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    goatforcce

When will people learn that to be a good player, to get consistently good scores and win more than you lose you combine 'run and gun' with 'camping' to create an all round style of play in order to stay alive, pick off the enemy and more importantly play the objective.

I for one absolute HATE and DETEST people who make it their life's goal to get to one spot/room on a map and pick people off as they run by. This is boring, unimaginative, annoying and is absolutely no help to your team (unless your playing that terrible excuse for a game mode TDM).

I make my way around the edges of the map, picking people off as i go aiming to cause maximum damage in and around the enemies spawn point. Sometimes this involves moving consistently sometimes this means sitting in a corner when i know someone is coming but I know i have a better chance getting the kill (and in KC) the tag.

Combine gaming styles into one effective way of playing and I garuntee you will see a more consistent high score for yourself. Continue to sit in a room or dash straight into the map and continue to be a terrible player who offers very little to their team.

• 47. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    Bystander10

Here here Beastly Dude.  The only thing more satisfying than shooting someone is annoying them.  I just love flashes and Betties......

• 48. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)
    scotland-rules

I don't care how people play.

Because...at the end of the day....its a video game. Not real life.

• 49. Re: The case against the word "camper" part II. Or Deux! :)

Wow, for a game about warfare and shooting people, it certainly seems that there are a lot of "delicate flowers" that play it! lol!

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next