1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next 162 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2013 2:31 AM by openrangeonualls Go to original post RSS
  • 150. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    RallyOrDie

Never felt better.

• 151. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    iKon

Excellent response. There are a ton of people that have become really good at killing people who use this tactic. I myself have both mastered doing it, and killing people who do it. All you have to do is see it happen and become familiar with is and it's just a couple more skills and tactics to add to your personal toolbox.

• 152. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    RallyOrDie

I remember on Halo 2 all of the reload cancels: BXR, BXB, and Doubleshot.  Learning how to do those didn't happen overnight.  Getting used to using them didn't happen overnight.  Using them effectively and successfully didn't happen overnight.  But once you mastered them you could completely destroy your competition.  They may have been "cheap," but they don't make you a better player.  The only way you can become a better player is using them successfully.

I have been dropshotting since WAW.  Learned how to do it during a clan tryout.  I sucked at it, but after I got used to do it in MW2, I became nearly unstoppable.  Now that I have learned how to jumpshot over certain parts of the map, I know have a tactical advantage to kill more people.  I maybe be considered cheap by some, but if I win the fight then you just got outplayed and then cry about it.

I am not going to be invincible doing it.  It doesn't make anyone invincible.  It just adds to your "skills."

They are not crutches.  Crutches involve something that is too easy to do and has a high reward.  Jumpshotting is hard to do successfully, and has a low reward.  A crutch would be camping in the corner and waiting for people to walk by.  A crutch would be Target Finder because you are too stupid to see the enemies in front of you, so you need to have a diamond point it out.

I play the game with a passion to be the best player I can.  Just the mentality that I have gotten from playing Halo for 5 years(2005-2009).

• 153. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    gallp13

Ambivalent

• 154. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    belly120

less time douche bagging and more time focussing on how your opponents fight, camps, flanks, thinks etc wins more matches then cheap tricks that once they've been discovered become easily countered

oh your that guy that drop shot me, split second pause as i adjust and aim at floor, head shot. big win job done.

• 155. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    iKon

scufs are so amazing! Have literally taken my game to the highest level.

• 156. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    openrangeonualls

To be honest the term HALO JUMP is about as annoying as hearing the word TRYHARD.

Halo isnt the first game you could jump in, so how come we dont say Pitfall Jumping, or Frogger Jumping, or Qbert jumping.

I feel anyone who uses these terms are just plain dumb, simple-minded idiots.

I feel dumber for having even read this post.

• 157. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

The ptoblem is people are using it for any jumping now, the point was it described guys who were modded in the past, peoiple who could jump clear over your head, not regular bunny hopping.

When used that way it was an accurate description as low Gravity jumping was introduced by halo.

I have seen it maybe 6-7 times in this game since launch, towards the end in MW 2 you would see it at least once in every game lol.

• 158. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?
    Myramuff

Dude. Halo jumping is awesome. Especially in hc because the enemies least expect it and then you're all up in front of their faces lol

• 159. Re: Yes or No to "Halo jumpers"?

Except if they are going for head shots then you get shot in the ass in mid air lol