9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2013 5:28 AM by TL_Bare_B_V2 RSS

Spotting Boosters!!!!

Theres many ways to spot boosters based of gameplay, k.d ratio, styles, and game physics, but how can you dominatly spot out a booster feel free to comment!!!

• Re: Spotting Boosters!!!!
    whiteknight1902

use engineer and go tac hunting, easy

Sora_v21

I think you really have to catch them in the act of boosting. Honestly I have about 3 days played and have not seen any boosting going on at all. The only thing that was even close was some guys playercard that had like a 900 spm with a 9kd but he backed out when he saw our full party so who knows.

Bielsalmighty

2 guys on opposite teams with the same clan tag is usually an indication. Managed to discourage a couple of boosters last night whilst running solo on Carrier. Foiled their first attempt by waiting alongside the booster on my team and killing his buddy as he came on over. I then followed them to their next spot (those little platforms on the side of the ship, predictable boosters) and did the same thing, but got two kills thanks to his tac insert. Got teamkilled for that. So I headed to where I *KNEW* their 3rd spot would be (under the stairs near all the planes) and TK'd him as he was headed there. They both backed out soon after that, and I was able to start playing properly.

zingaa

Bielsalmighty wrote:

2 guys on opposite teams with the same clan tag is usually an indication. Managed to discourage a couple of boosters last night whilst running solo on Carrier. Foiled their first attempt by waiting alongside the booster on my team and killing his buddy as he came on over. I then followed them to their next spot (those little platforms on the side of the ship, predictable boosters) and did the same thing, but got two kills thanks to his tac insert. Got teamkilled for that. So I headed to where I *KNEW* their 3rd spot would be (under the stairs near all the planes) and TK'd him as he was headed there. They both backed out soon after that, and I was able to start playing properly.

Yeah I love discouraging them, funner then playing the game some times

cranium2001

I do the same. Then after I've identified the players from both teams, me and my team report them. I like to send them a message so I can track them after that. The last response I got was "Sorry".

Bielsalmighty

Only response I got was 'Oh it was my little brother on my account'.

Sure, and I suppose the other guy with the same clan-prefix in his GT lent out his account to his little brother that day too

Of course, there was the time me and a few others caught some boosters at it, who turned out to be post pubescent, highly abusive Scottish blokes. I'm still waiting for one to turn up and stab me hahahaha XD

NiteFalken

Unusually high scorestreaks in HC TDM are one of my tip offs beyond stupid high KDRs. I intentionally watch people I suspect of boosting into the next game and keep an eye on the kill feed. If its the same 2 guys I go a hunting.

Ive also been in matches when friendlies would call us out to their clanmates on the opposite team. I treat this like boosing as well and report them although I dont really expect it to be noticed by enforcement. They are usually easy to spot as they are the guys standing stll or better yet hiding in obscure corners to keep their frinds from killing them.  Moreover if playing with friends we will monitor the suspected mole and if playing HC take turns TKing him till he gets the idea.