18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 12:12 PM by Jaggajatt187 RSS

Overpowered pistols?

SAINTMA2

Am I the only one that thinks pistols are grossly overpowered in BO2?

• Re: Overpowered pistols?

You mean firing 4 shots at the head of the opponent 3 feet away from you is too over powering?

SAINTMA2

No I mean like I can be at mid-distance with an SMG or AR and shoot first and land every shot but somehow still lose to pistols and I don't understand how that can  happen

the_eon

I have never cried overpowered in any Call Of Duty, but I ran with the B32R (or whatever it's called) last night and used it as a primary. I don't know if it's the power of them or if there was some kind of glitch but I was mowing them down, even with the lag. It was like when you started shooting people it sort of rendred the other person useless.

By far the most overpowered secondary I have used and I include the FMG9's in that

I shot somone on the opposite balcony who was using an AR on Hijacked last night and he raged bad when I killed him with a burst from the pistol.

So, for the first time in COD history, and I never thought I would ever say it, they need a NERF!!

*runs off ashamed*

SAINTMA2

Thank you, that's exactly how I feel, I understand Treyarch wanted more people to use pistols but I feel it's ridiculous that in a lot of instances they beat primary weapons even over longer distances

weed-cobolt

kap-40 is fast and deadly, in cqc. Maybe it is a little bit too deadly at range with long barrel.

Do not see any problems with pistols.

Jaggajatt187

I'm running into a lot of people who are dual wielding the B23R's & it's pretty much instant death, same with the kap 40's. They made so many weapons to kill up close but made AR's trash trey arch's logic confounds me.

They weren't powerful enough before.. nah, pistols are brilliant in this game, finally i can rely on a secondary weapon that isn't like pulling out a water gun.

Pistols are good. If you loose to them mid-long range your accuracy isnt as good as you believe it is

the_eon

I admit they needed a buff from MW3 as they were useless, but come on guys, have you ever ran with them? I can kill AR users across the map. I'm very average at this game so if I'm mowing people down then there is a problem

If more and more people start running with them as primarys you may change your mind. The KAP40 is deadly at CQB as they should be but they not good at range. The B32R can be used in all situations, it a beast, too much of a beast if you ask me.

steelydeely

ive been thinking that too. what it is though is the pistols aren't overpowered in general they've just nerfed the f*** out of everything else.

mrtmb55

pistols have always been a good tool in my books. they take some skill to use. they have they advantage of speed and disadvantage of manual firing and small clips.

Sixaxis

The only one that could use a SLIGHT nerf is the B2. The Kap is fine, and technically the TAC-45 is the best pistol just as the KSG is the best shotgun. Problem here is that when something that takes skill to do good with is used in a match and kills people, you have the victims coming here and discussing how to make the gun worse instead of how to make the game better.

xtraflossy

They are finally usefull.  If you got killed at medium range, he had to land like 5 shots in semi auto while you failed to land 4 with a full auto.

They are finally fun.

In BO1 I WANTED so bad to use a 1911 and have it viable when I needed it.  I'll take a viable tac-45

(I'm a 1911 fan)

onlyzeone

I run and gun with the MSMC and do pretty well with it in TDM, but I am finding that if you come across a guy that knows how to use the pistols he will beat me every time. It's just frickin embarrassing. I have started putting on as secondary since and am finding I can do a lot of damage with it and I haven't got that much practice yet.

People are saying they are not over powered but its the only secondary so far for me that I can get a 10 killstreak without much trouble...

Izjar11

SAINTMA2 wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks pistols are grossly overpowered in BO2?

I still think we should remove Bullets from our weapons becuase the true culprit to OP is the bullet!

Ban Bullets!

when in close quaters shoulder to shoulder in the real world do you honestly think that an assault rifle is bulky and faster to used than a light weight single handed machine pistol ? Pistols have their use in the game but they certainly do not replace a rifle. If you want power use the executioner with long barrel for room clearance and 1 shot kills. But like most its useless at range. If there is any fault at all its down to the maps being to small. After all how can you get long shot awards with a sniper rifle  when the longest distance on a map is about 150meters ? (in the real world a pistol could and would still kill at that range) elmer keith used to drop game out to 450yards with his coltand custom iron sights lol. So just to establish that all the guns kill, its the rate of fire and accuracy at ranges that alters. Idealy what we need is larger better designed maps (instead of these stuipid tiny shotgun/smg maps) where all weapons have clear advantages of use and tactics can change acordingly to style of preferred gameplay. I.E you dont enter a sniper corrider with a smg and vice'a'versa. Battles would be fought within battles. Thinking about it what we really need is a modern makeover of COUNTERSTRIKE LOL. Bring back the good old days when you needed to earn money to buy the coolest most powerfull weapons. That also limited the amount of high power ordinace in play.