1 2 3 4 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 1:09 PM by Harv72 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

flyinbobsaget wrote:

Don't you get put into games based partially on your k/d, and spm... now I get that a couple would be worse than you, a couple better and a bunch right around you usually, but if it's 8/10 that are terrible, perhaps it has something to do with your stats?

My stats? Sure take a look https://elite.callofduty.com/career/playercardops2

Like I said, I am not a terrible player (I play mostly TDM -core). Judge my stats, thats fine.

• 11. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

zvers wrote:

The rage part is pretty funny and sad at the same time because I doubt that person will learn from there mistakes.

its funny to me as well, its as if the first thing they would rather blame is the game than looking at what they are doing. I think when gamers, realize that the mistake is within their gaming they will begin to get better.

• 12. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

I agree that the majority of player online are terrible, most of them worse than that. Just check out the stats of the guys in the next lobby you join, their k/d is a pretty good indicator of their level, almost everyone i check is <1.00, very rare anyone in the room is >1.20.

What amazes me more is when your playing S&D and there is just one guy left on your team that you have to spectate. Your defending, the bomb has been planted, or your attacking and there is 30secs or so left on the clock, what is your teams last hope doing? Laying prone in the corner of the map, aiming down sights of his sniper rifle at a doorway, the same doorway he has been aiming at for the entire game. No ambition of moving from his spot, never going to defuse the bomb, never going to plant the bomb. WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE PLAYING AT ALL?

• 13. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    TRU11

sadly spectator mode doesent show you kill cam.

so why i also think you have a point, you must not forget that the person you watching could be having lagg issues.

Also TDM is the most played mode and i bet at least 75% of the players playing it are just casual gamers who could care less or they are the new generation gamers lol.

• 14. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

TRU11 wrote:

sadly spectator mode doesent show you kill cam.

so why i also think you have a point, you must not forget that the person you watching could be having lagg issues.

Also TDM is the most played mode and i bet at least 75% of the players playing it are just casual gamers who could care less or they are the new generation gamers lol.

I knew someone would thrown into the mix "lag" and I expected that. Lag or not, playing with no disregard or lets say it "playing stupidly" is what this threads question is about. Latency doesnt necessarily = stupid player.

• 15. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    theroc23

I spectate quite often an I too am blown away by how horrible most players are, but I realize that this is probably due to several factors such as overall time played and etc. The thing that gets me is that you can clearly see that some players are getting a MASSIVE advantage in Lag Comp, these guys will stand out in the open and spray their TFs for 3 or 4 seconds with 3 or 4 enemy players facing them and standing directly in their field of vision and still not get killed.

When I run into a single player I have to kill him in a FRACTION of a second to negate the 2 seconds that he has to CASUALLY gun me down with a 2 SECOND BURST. Hell, I don't even get the benefit of the damage indicator(blood), I just die within one 100th of a second. Everyone of my deaths is exactly like I just got one shot no scoped from nowhere. When I watch the kill cam and spectate the other guys will always be taking a massive amount of damage as they somehow insta-kill me.

I should add that the above circumstances do fluctuate from good to bad from time to time. I'll be one of the rare ones to admit that on occasion I'm actually given the advantage, but it's rare.

• 16. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

dangerchicken wrote:

always remember this, if not for the bad players, the mediocre players would never get kills

Interesting response:

So COD will always require terrible players?

There is truth here.

• 17. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    rlbl

Does spectating and getting kicked not count towards a loss?

If so.. I am going to spectate a bit more... err no I won't I care not about stats (but it may save me from probation lol).

What I find more interesting than spectating someone who is very bad, is spectating so-so players (like myself).  I think: "Why are you doing that, I would have done this!" and I see the results and think :"Hmm, well that worked out as well...interesting".

The biggest thing I see when spectating someone who is doing well is that they ADS more than I do (esp. when cornering). If I could only get over hip-firing I could do that as well...

• 18. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

Does spectating and getting kicked not count towards a loss?

If so.. I am going to spectate a bit more... err no I won't I care not about stats (but it may save me from probation lol).

What I find more interesting than spectating someone who is very bad, is spectating so-so players (like myself).  I think: "Why are you doing that, I would have done this!" and I see the results and think :"Hmm, well that worked out as well...interesting".

The biggest thing I see when spectating someone who is doing well is that they ADS more than I do (esp. when cornering). If I could only get over hip-firing I could do that as well...

No, I do it all the time RL.

You know when the game chucks you into a mid match and before you choose your loadout you can view the score.

I've spectated all different players, and I've seen some players move their characters really well but too many I see dash into the open. But yes, the ones that play well seem to know how to move better than the next player.

• 19. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    BanHaMMer

Since you told me that ego, I spectate quite a bit now when joining a lobby mid-game.

To keep it brief, it is an excellent learning tool.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next