35 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 2:55 PM by BlackhawkbillOO7 RSS

Look at the stats before you run your mouth.

BlackhawkbillOO7

Let me first start out by stating that I have never let a buddy use my account and he some how made me a Prestige Master (PM). I actually played the game for numerious hours and earned the rank and level of PM. 

This message is for any Noobs or even Seasoned COD players who run their mouth as soon as they see a PM in a lobby. Look at the Combat Record before you run your Pie Hole!

Yes, I am a Prestige Master.

Yes, I did it legitimately.

No, I will not be on top of the leaderboard every round.

No, my KD is not 2.5 or higher because I actually play the game and try to knock out challenges.

No, I don't have thousands of Unstoppable Medals.

No, I don't have thousands of Tactical Insertions.

No, I don't have all Diamond Camo's unlocked for all my weapons.

Yes, I have finished quite a few challenges all of which has negatively effected my KD.

Yes, I have over 16 days played.

Yes, I do have a life. Married for over 18 years, 2 teenage kids, a successful career, and all of this by the age of 38. I don't need to go to clubs or bars to have a good time, as previously stated I'm married with teenage kids. I play because COD because it allows me to stay in touch with my old Army buddies, who like myself grew up playing video games.

Yes, I am a Gamer.

No, I'm not a cheater.

Are there any other PM's out here that are sick of the BS?

• Re: Look at the stats before you run your mouth.

Only about a million.

Don't worry about it. If you play just to stay in touch with your friends, mute everyone else.

You have nothing to prove to anyone.

Betterthanu

I'm not a prestige master but it is pretty easy to tell who the legit ones are with just a little effort. Combat record->medals. I applaude you for doing it legitimately.

TheBeastlyDude

It shouldn't matter what others think. Posting this just shows what thin skin you have letting a few anonymous players get under it like that. If you are legit (I can only assume you are), then you got nothing to worry about. People will talk crap online just to talk it and them calling you a cheater and a no life just shows how mentally undeveloped they are if that is the best they can come up with.

I am not going to lie, whenever I see PM in a room, I always call them cheaters and what not. Most players let it just roll off and ignore it but the ones who get mad, oh.... it is fun time. I like to think of it as psycological warfare because most players, when they are pissed, are not playing well and making them rage just keeps making it worse.

I only tell you this because I have a lot of respect for you on these boards and seem like a smart man. Don't let them get to you, let it roll off the chest and show them in game how legit you are.

crossfire-roadster

I'm a legit prestige master as well and all I can say is ignore the people that don't take the time to look at your record to see if you are legit.  We can all blame Treyarch for allowing this to happen and then not rectifying it in a reasonable amount of time.

Izjar11

BlackhawkbillOO7 wrote:

Yes, I am a Gamer.

No, I'm not a cheater.

Are there any other PM's out here that are sick of the BS?

Good post man.

i always look at time played and medals. i dont talk trash to the glitchers (thats what they are, to call them hackers is an insult to the name) but i DO send a nice pm to the legit ones just to let them know, someone knows they are legit. You wouldn't believe the amount of positive responses from legit pm's i get. just because someone noticed their hard work.

zvers

Funny, I've been called a prestige glitcher yet I'm only 8th prestige?!?!?! Kids will run there mouths as much as possible in this game. Don't let it get to you (which can be difficult when you get PM's from them in game).

TheBeastlyDude

Are Private messages that irritating? I just might be plugging my keyboard in tonight to have some valentine's day fun at some of these players expense.

zvers

Well, they can be if you let me get to you. I think the annoying part is playing a match a 3/4 of the way through you see the message icon show up in the top right of the screen. The funny ting is that they put there message in the Title field so that you HAVE to read it when it comes up instead of going all the way to your inbox. Freaking ridiculous if you ask me!

You should type: "Happy V-day CAMPER!" in the title field! LMAO. I'm telling you to do something I myself find irritating! I know, I'm a hypocrite on that.

sennalike

totally understand where you are coming from, I am in the same boat.  I just ignore them, I have my headphones on but switch off the mic part so I listen but they can't hear me.  I hear almost all the time "here's another hacker", but I dont even bother to reply, just not worth the effort.  If they took the time to look at my stats, particularly my medals (2 ruthless and 32 merciless is the best I have), and my use of Tact Inserts (zero) then my KDR and WLR they would know that I am genuine.  Nobody would want to copy my account that is for sure, but I am happy with it, 14 days played, took 12-13 to get to PM.

The trouble with CoD now is there are far too many children playing.  I'm not talking 14-15 year olds, I mean very young, 5-8 bracket.  You can tell from the squeeky voice and mum in the background.  If their parents are happy for them to play these types of games that's up to them, but truth is they dont understand a lot of things.  They just aren't mature enough.  A friend in the playground will tell them about the PM hack (it is actually a glitch but everyone calls it a hack) and instantly they will believe every PM is a hacker.  I've heard some calling the Target finder a hack, they just dont understand.

Anyway didn't mean to start a rant.  Just ignore them, they can report you all they like, they can call you what they like, end of the day, if you have done nothing wrong then nothing will happen.

Ztoned

good post my brother

FLi_iNc

Although people say it is easy to tell who is legit and who is not. It really is not. I do not accuse anyone of the hack unless I have proof. The hack is just a copy of someone who actually did it, but people can get copy it from that hacker and so on. I would say you could tell by gameplay, but that would be false since people do challenges that could make them perform poorly.

msharpblue4d

There is a rash of copied boosted accounts with 6375 or so unstoppable medals going around. It is pretty easy to spot legit ones. I did run into one the other day that looked pretty darn close to legit, but something didn't seem right in game. He wasn't going for challenges, and was using a diamond an 94 only to go 2-20. A quick look at trophies just showed he copied a legit master's account.

phxs72

Dude relax.  People talk trash all the time.  If they don't have enough sense to tell the difference between the real PMs and the fake ones then they aren't too bright.  So anything that comes out of their mouths isn't going to be worth hearing.  I personally haven't run into all that many trash talkers about my PM status but the few that do find out fairly quickly that I can hold my own.  My stats aren't star spangled either because I too have been working on challenges to the deteriment of my kd but that just means that their jaws hit the floor that much harder when I show them just how good I can be.  So long as I get a fair connection, I know that I can give anybody a hard time.  Some will still beat me but they'll know that I was in the room.

rlbl

I have been called a hacker on every COD game I have ever played (max prestige or not)

I could/should care less, but sometimes I like to hear squeaky girly-man voices* saying they are reporting me...

(yes I meant what I said, you grammar police you!

* I am half kidding

im getting sick the people who cheat playing this game lagging is a pile of crap and them who use it should be banned im on my 6th prestige and played for days just to let you know i will report anyone i play agaist who cheats or who has stupid amounts of unstoppable medals etc dont know if it does any good but it makes me feel better

RichterRavage

Stats? They shouldn't matter...

I completely agree with Richter.  I love when people call me out in a new lobby telling me I suck because my stats aren't the greatest b/c 9 times out of 10 I'll go on a rampage and end up top of the leaderboard.  They either rage quit or don't say anything to me the rest of the time in the lobby.  I play for the win, whether that means going for kills, playing the objective, or buying my team time to plant a bomb by suicide rushing the enemy spawn to take as many out before they can advance.  The part that sucks is my win/loss blows b/c I mostly play solo and end up against stacked teams more often than I would like.

i can't wait for all of the glitched account accusations i'm going to get

about to hit master prestige with under 5 days played

kylet345

I report PM's who have thousands of Unstoppables, but if you reached it legitimately, then congrats to you man.

BlackhawkbillOO7

LOL!!! I do the same. As soon as I see a PM in a lobby I look to see how long they have been playing and when I see 4 or 5 days played and over 3000 Unstoppable Medals I report them. I saw a guy yesterday with 4 days played and over 11,000 Unstoppable Medals. When I mentioned how impressed I was (in a sarcastic tone) by all those medals in such a short time he immediately started laughing and came clean. I still reported him...LOL!!!

mn7_la

I have 17+ days of game-play time - and don't even have ONE relentless medal. Funny thing - I've never heard any player cuss me out - oh, wait - I forgot: I *NEVER* listen to anyone on the lobby.

If I play on a party - I "Mute All except Party" - 3arch really did make things easier.

You should give it a try - especially if you're playing with other Vets.

Side-note: I find it difficult to believe that someone that's retired from an Army will actually take the time to say this about random-strangers' behaviour on the COD-lobby.

May be I'm wrong here: but I always assumed that most soldiers would've been trained to withstand torture & questioning if they're captured by the enemy as PoW. So, a bunch of random strangers on a game-lobby would mean next-to-nothing.

I hope you have a good gaming experience. And I hope you no longer hear what the fools have to say. Thanks for your service to your nation (I don't know if you have faced any action - and I hope, if you did, you were not ordered to kill civilians in any part of the world under the guise of collateral damage).

MN

BlackhawkbillOO7

I never said I retired. I served 10 years 2 yrs in the Infantry, 6 yrs as a UH-60 Blackhawk Crew Chief, and the last 2 yrs as an Army Aviator before I got out. My point for the post was to inform the uninformed to at least try to perform some due diligence prior to running their mouth.

I think you may have seen a few to many war movies... Torture is torture it will hurt and will be painful as a soldier you are taught a Code of Conduct. Basically, you must try at all times try to maintain your military discipline and try to nothing that may aid the enemy. But if someone's ripping your finger nails out or prodding a testicle you will tell them anything they want to know whether its true or not.

I don't know where you're going with the following; 

mn7_la wrote:

(I don't know if you have faced any action - and I hope, if you did, you were not ordered to kill civilians in any part of the world under the guise of collateral damage).

MN

The US Military goes above and beyond to avoid unnecessary civilian casualties. The ROE is so strict that in most cases it's more dangerous for the soldier. More innocents are killed by insurgents and hajji's than the US Military.

As to the Mute All. Works just fine. But like I have mentioned before I have a lot of time played so I have had several instances where some Noob wants to run his mouth. I'm not the type to turn the other cheek. I usually play in a party and when someone starts running their mouth I first address them politely and try to explain to them that there are actually legit PM's. If that doesn't work I tell the to F*** Off!!! I don't like the mute all sometimes because I like to hear their whining as they get killed.

Anyhoo...Thank you for your response and have a great day!

s_paw1

Judging by the time the game's been out, even casual gamers can be master prestige by now. Stupid people are stupid. I had a game on slums yesterday where I managed 71 kills, I just have 3 games on BO2 where I've done 70+. Now, this guy on the other team was AFK. The end of the game this guy goes, 'you boosting, imma report you...bla bla' I said just check for the theatre mode you'll know. He left the game, guess he was going to check the theatre,

16 days and prestige master Ah i get it now, your a self declared cheater then

Been playing since october and acording to my stats I,m only level 1 and have not prestiged yet so think yourself lucky and take snapshots and frame it as you could loose it all in the blink of an eye with these damn problems that never get fixed . Well done

STEELERPRIDE7

I'm at Prestige 10 lvl 44 right now.  Got almost 13 days of playing time in.  Can't wait to hear all the ******** and moaning!  I guarantee no one would doubt it if they looked at my stats. 

Congrats on getting to PM, you cheater!!