22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 1:00 PM by WAR EEYORE RSS

Remove Tactical Insertion!!!!

omgx2rainb0w

NOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: Remove Tactical Insertion!!!!
    obzi

The problem is in the cheating mentality of some players and not the Tac.

banned-again

true but without the tac it would be alot harder to boost and would practicly put a stop to it

obzi

The maps in this are very small anyway so two friends can quickly find each other if they're chatting on headsets, all it would do is slow them down slightly, the cheats don't just do all this by accident anyway. 

These guys intentionally go into games to boost, they think and plan what part of the map they're going to do it so nothing would change.

Put me on a smaller map like Grind and I bet I could find you quickly enough in one game to give you at least 20 headshots, remove the Tac and these kids will vote against larger maps then just jump out if the vote goes that way.

A huge number of people use the Tac legitimately as do I, and we shouldn't lose a valuable tool just because some choose to misuse it.

banned-again

hahaha im yet to see any one use it legit yet only people i see using them are objective killwhores and boosters

obzi

Come and watch me play tdm, come anytime and my tag is my name above if you want to. (I'm currently waiting to unlock TAC again after hitting prestige a few days ago)

I'm 100% legit all the way (which is probably why I usually get a good kicking but still) I don't even use a scuf controller, etc and on Elite you can check all my crappy MW3 stats too.

I would rather take a beating legitimately game after game than cheat.

You'll also see from previous threads on this there are a significant number of legit players on this very forum who use it but the point is by removing it the cheats will still boost, it might take them a fraction longer but they still will so removing it is a pointless exercise.

I agree that some ppl use it legitimately, but to say a huge number is a little much.I mean really, given what removing it would do to boosters, and given the fact that I rarely see one used legit, perhaps 1 or 2 out of 10, removing it it would fix a lot. I know the boosters are gonna boost, but damn, the tac insert is just an enabler.

myevo8you

obzi wrote:

Put me on a smaller map like Grind and I bet I could find you quickly enough in one game to give you at least 20 headshots, remove the Tac and these kids will vote against larger maps then just jump out if the vote goes that way.

Grind is one of the BIGGER maps.

gdexter

Why?

FalconR6

I don't use tac insert myself. I play a lot of Dom and I must say I do see some teammates using tac inserts cleverly ( especially around B Dom.) - I think "good work". I agree with the above replies saying that the tac insert is exploited for boosting. But, I don't think legit tactics in BO2 should be ruled out because of those who choose to ruin gaming for us who play the game as intended. If anything - increase penalties for boosting - I have no sympathy if caught red handed.

I think so too. You get reset...lol.....it took em a couple of days to prestige master, what now its gonna be four days till they're second one. If the little boosters would just do what they did in waw, do it in their own lobby, it probably wouldn't bother me as much. But when some little booster unleashes a round of deadly scorestreaks in a good game it sucks. It's bad enough having to deal with the mp issues, only to finally get into a good game and have to deal with boosters. They should get banned. In the mean time drop the tac.

slap1i

I have used over 23K tactical insertions, and have exactly zero boosted kills.  The TI was my first unlock.  In my 8 days of gametime, I've run into fewer boosters than I can count on one hand.

If you run into boosters, use the in-game report fuction.  They will get what's coming to them.

xmrythem

i see nothing wrong with tacs

asystole

I see tacs all the time. I think they can be used well in specific situations. I love camping them... MUHAHAHAHAHA. Nothing like countering a tac insert by waiting for a guy to re-spawn... FREE KILL!

I've got no problem with TACS.  I use them sometimes to stay close to the action.  You can do some horrible things to people on Hijacked if you use em.

starbuckfrack

Just like the other 4 years of hundreds of posts on the same subject, removing tac inserts will not stop boosters they will always find another way to boost.

Play 4v4 league play and boom, no tac insert.

I saw on a few previous posts mainly bout campers, using Engineer (Which i adopt as a main perk) lights up that tac insert like a christmas tree! I played a game on meltdown last night, dude was sniping and dropping a tac insert, I got 2 bloodthirty's that game cuz it was easy double kills, Yeah people are boosting, But without the TAC they will find a different way, u see someone boosting, REPORT THEM! Nobody is goin to know. ****, I wouldnt be surprised if someone reported me and i NEVER use tac for the fear that someone is gonna be campin my tac and shoot me once i spawn. Oh and anyone usin any sort of controller thats not the default Xbox controller in my mind is a loser. Idc if its approved by the gaming gods or what, its gay, its an improved device, its not the defaults and your obviously overcompansating for your lack of skill. </endrant>

Get a grip ! The same complaint every game release and guess what, the tac insert is still around. Find something constructive to post about or you might as well complain to wall because that's all that's going to listen to you .