1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 7:21 PM by LargeLentils RSS

Reducing Rage Quitting

This is just an idea that could possibly reduce Rage Quitting in this game. It involves giving incentive for players to finish the game beyond the 100xp everyone gets.

My idea is to use League Play style ranking system in general playlists.

Core, Hardcore, Party etc have unique ranking systems.

Players move up ranks and levels based on their W/L , K/D, and LOBBY RANK.

If you finish on top of the lobby and lose the game you still get some rank points. If you quit before the end of the game, you get nothing.

The matchmaking for general playlists should not be skilled based, but in the lobby everyone can see eachothers rank - who is MLG and who is noob, who quits all the time. 

What do you guys think? Is it flawed or could it work?

• 1. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting

I think the best method to reduce ragequitting would be to fix this god awful lag and bad lobbies. I've been in so many lobbies lately where the host has 4 bars and everyone else has 3/2 yet this games doesn't migrate host, then you get in a lobby where everyone has 4 bars and it migrates host!? Most people rage quit because they're dieing when they feel like they shouldn't. The majority of people don't rage quit if better players are killing them they quit when they're constantly dieing even thought they know they are the better player!

• 2. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    zingaa

Treloise wrote:

I think the best method to reduce ragequitting would be to fix this god awful lag and bad lobbies. I've been in so many lobbies lately where the host has 4 bars and everyone else has 3/2 yet this games doesn't migrate host, then you get in a lobby where everyone has 4 bars and it migrates host!? Most people rage quit because they're dieing when they feel like they shouldn't. The majority of people don't rage quit if better players are killing them they quit when they're constantly dieing even thought they know they are the better player!

I concur, if I get placed in a redbar lobby and my guys is hopping all around, guranteed rq for me.

• 3. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting

Lets presume (as appears the case) that Treyarch cannot or will not improve their antilag / matchmaking system. I am all but lost hope that they will do anything about those issues.

• 4. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting

They will fix it eventually but its just a matter of when lol! Every cod has been buggy and laggy to begin with! If i remember right I think it took them 13 month to properly sort out the lag on blops 1! It's the reason I don't care about w/l on this account (I just back out if a game is really laggy). I always use this account as my first account on new games and keep using it until they eventually fix lag issues etc then switch to my other account once they sort games out!

• 5. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    gern

Arti4,

I agree, the lag will always be part of the problem.  However, I like your ideas of doing something to increase the XP you get for finishing matches.   They could try adding a rank based on how many matches you finish and it doesn't matter if you win/lose, at least you finished and gained some rank.  They could also add bonus XP challenges so that you get an extra 2500 XP everytime you finish 10 matches and keep this 2500 XP going forever.   

My other idea is to increase the scorestreak point values for objective base games, like Dom, Demolition and capture the flag.  The current 200 scorestreak points for capturing the B flag is too low.  Most of the objectives have too low of a point value and there is not enough incentive to play the objectives to try to win the match.  The objectives need more points and also they need to add an incentive such that you keep your scorestreak points if you die while capturing a flag, or planting/defusing bombs.  It sucks that I lose my points after I die while doing this.  I find myself not playing objectives because I can earn more points by shooting attackers/defenders at 125 points and throwing concussions and emps and simply avoid the objectives.

• 6. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    CurliestRogue0

If you're getting 125pts for your kills, that means you're killing the enemy near one of your flags.  I don't see that as "not playing the objective" at all.  Sure, ideally you might help cap a new flag, but isn't pure defense still a legit approach?

• 7. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    JSlayer211

If they have made a system to recognize dashboarder/quitters and put them on probation they should use that information when performing the matchmaking. So you get put into matches of people with like quitting frequency. Let's say you have 100+ ragequits, you get put int the group with like minded ragequitters who have 100-200. Let's say you get over 200+ ragequits, you get lumped into the worst possible group of ragequitters and you guys can just play 2 min games and quit on each other all day long.

The most annoying thing is for a full team to stay until they start losing and boom, they are gone. These kids now just can't take an azz whopping. I don't think the devs can change that as it's a character flaw. However, they can keep these pool pissers in their own kiddie pool away from the grown ups.

• 8. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    CR4IG

Just give everyone a DNF (did not finish) percentage in the combat record and hopefully it would make people want to keep it as high as possible.

• 9. Re: Reducing Rage Quitting
    asystole

it's also called camping an objective point for a cheap killstreak too. just sayin...

1 2 3 Previous Next