1 2 3 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 1:09 PM by Harv72 RSS

Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

Izjar11

COD,

Have you ever spectated someone else (before joining a game in progress)?

I spectate when the game decides to throw me into these on going games, and if the score is not to my liking I sit and wait to get "kicked for inactivity".

Well thats one part, but what amazes me when I spectate (and I know there are good and bad, great and terrible players) but 8 / 10 players I end up spectating are TERRIBLE at playing COD.

I am not an amazing player, but I do try to hold my own but heavens sake, some of these players I've spectated are TERRIBLE. But with a capital T, E, R, R, I, B, L, E! Bad....

They play the game it seems with no thought, they just run up to the enemy shot a few badly aimed rounds in the general direction of the enemy and die. What i find curious is that they are "raging' almost imediatly afterwards.

So this leads to my question:

Why play this game with total disregard, and still B--tch about it?

Have a hectic day COD.

• 1. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    BukLau101

I guess people don't realise they suck and automatically assume they are better than everyone else, just look at the endless threads about OP weapons/equipment and how certain playstyles are 'cheap' and ruin the game.

• 2. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

BukLau101 wrote:

I guess people don't realise they suck and automatically assume they are better than everyone else, just look at the endless threads about OP weapons/equipment and how certain playstyles are 'cheap' and ruin the game.

I am sure many play the game to just play, and they don't car about stats, they don't care about winning or losing but you do not read their rants/vents about this and that.

I get thrown into games with prestige 2 and higher players, who play like this.

• 3. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    phxs72

Answer: Total disregard is their playstyle and everyone wants to think that they are great.

I've noticed that if you have 3 people on your team that are doing well then you've got a 80% chance of winning the match.  If you have 4 people doing well you have a 98% chance of winning the match.  I think that speaks volumes as to how many people play that aren't using sound tactics.  But would rather depend on hope and luck to win their gunfights.  I'm not complaining about it because who doesn't enjoy an easy kill but a lot of people seem to think that this style of play will make them great.

• 4. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    fluffybunnykins

Ive spectated a couple times, and I have to say I know I'm bad, but I didnt think it was possible to be worse then me. Yet watching other players I sit amazed and think, wtf were they thinking, are they stoned, afk or just really, really bad decision makers.

Whatever the outcome, I fell better about my level of game play.

• 5. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    zvers

Whoa! Don't scare them off Izjar11!!! lol

CoD has become a very popular franchise and like anything popular, all kinds of people play it. Poor decisions are a universal trait in humans but it's the people who make far less of them who come out on top in the end.

The rage part is pretty funny and sad at the same time because I doubt that person will learn from there mistakes.

• 6. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

Definitely having solid, consistent players will always result in wins.

• 7. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

always remember this, if not for the bad players, the mediocre players would never get kills

• 8. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?
    Izjar11

fluffybunnykins wrote:

Ive spectated a couple times, and I have to say I know I'm bad, but I didnt think it was possible to be worse then me. Yet watching other players I sit amazed and think, wtf were they thinking, are they stoned, afk or just really, really bad decision makers.

Whatever the outcome, I fell better about my level of game play.

thanks for responding spectating is truly a wonder.

• 9. Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

Don't you get put into games based partially on your k/d, and spm... now I get that a couple would be worse than you, a couple better and a bunch right around you usually, but if it's 8/10 that are terrible, perhaps it has something to do with your stats?

1 2 3 Previous Next