32 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2013 4:51 PM by onewiseguy RSS

Anti-Camping

Before the game came out treyarch announced this was gonna be the anti-camping game the best call of duty well I beg to differ its the worst camping call of duty game and pisses me off the most out of any call of duty why make it camping game make it fun not boring were ppl have to wait for a kill and sit in a corner like there scared of the bullets coming through the tv and hitting them so anti-camping nah I don't think so I call it how I see it Dont like it then sorry!!

• Re: Anti-Camping
    STEELERPRIDE7

I think it's funny to sit behind a doorway with Awareness and shoot them in the back when they come by.  Comments like this make me happy.    Check your corners. 

rlbl

proof of such claims? 

BukLau101

Campers gonna camp. No matter what the devs do there will always be camping so...

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/686/Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

blade3370

It's a very simple answer to this once shot by a camper go and SHOOT HIM AS MANY TIMES AS HE COMES BACK TO CAMP IN THAT SPOT. end of his camping game.

Stereotypes about camping only add to the problem.

People who complain about campers aren't talking about the Worm. They are talking about the guys who ADS at every choke point and then get a kill and then go to a new camp spot.

That is real camping and it's the most pathetic style of play because of the advantages you are taking from your enemy.

And then you have the guy who jumps in and talks about defending... Defending is not the same thing. Defending is camping, but it is written into the objective so you are just following the rules.

Campers that just get headglitch kill after doorway ADS kill without a defend are obviously not very good, and they camp to boost the idea in their tiny brain that they have some kind of skill that is better than everyone else. They are arrogant and should be looked down upon as cowardly.

And anyone who says it's just a game, you make your choices in life whether you are anonymous or not, and the way you choose to play a video game can say a lot about what kind of person you are. Making the decision to be cheap is not something that anyone should encourage.

JanThaMan

Defending is camping? Yeah, I was actually on your side until you said that.

Defending an objective is not camping, how in the world is it camping? Just because you see someone stationary on a certain spot doesn't mean he's automatically camping.

Defending is defending. When you plant the bomb in SnD, why the hell would I run around the map like a little dumbass and then just get killed by an ACTUAL camper that might've been hiding in one of the corners. No, I would rather watch the bomb, wait for the enemy to come out. It's camping when you're in a game where there are no DEFENDING objectives what-so-ever. (TDM,KC). But games like Hardpoint,Dom, or Headquarters, you actually have to defend to win. Again, I'm not going to run around killing people because that's not going to help us win. I'm guessing you're just one of those people who kill-whore and then gets so pissed because you got killed by someone who was DEFENDING, in order for them to win, I guess you just want an excuse to why you die so, I hope your satisfied.

Defending is not camping. You're an uneducated bastard.

zvers

His gamer card shows that ALL he uses are SMG's. Bias???? LMAO!!!!

By the way San, how in the name of Zues's b*** hole did you get 5 ties in a row.....that's like winning the lottery it's so rare.

"Stereotypes about camping only add to the problem."

"...they camp to boost the idea in their tiny brain that they have some kind of skill that is better than everyone else. They are arrogant and should be looked down upon as cowardly."

Hmmmm.

Pot, meet kettle.

rlbl

SanAndreasPsycho wrote:

They are talking about the guys who ADS at every choke point and then get a kill and then go to a new camp spot.

That is real camping and it's the most pathetic style of play because of the advantages you are taking from your enemy.

You lost me and I must have misread...

What I am reading is: " You should be giving your enemy the advantage"

That seems very backwards so I must have misread.

Izjar11

Your anti-camping thread is a large complaint? nothing anti-camper about that.

Alky6

The anti-camping whines have been going since Quake, Doom & Unreal, that'd be before about 90% of you were born! Nothing new here, move a long. 

this COD is definitely less camper friendly the BO1.

Ghost - you have to be moving to feel its effects

Facepaint and Gun cammo - In bo1 id make two copies of each class one with green facepain and gun camo and one with white facepain and gun camo. that way whether its a snow map or jungle map you will always blend in if you need to

Silencers - silencers are being made weaker and weaker with every update in this game making them less effective.

Yes there is the target finder argument but with cold blooded its no better then the reflex or eotech, in fact its worse.

And if your blaming map size, its the COD community's own fault that the maps are smaller

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

people camp because playing any other way gets you killed.

You ever notes when some one has a strategy that some cant counter it becomes wrong and vile? Just a thought. O yea and bo2 was going to be anti quickscoping to, that worked out.  

This post makes me  

Another crying thread CAMPER CAMPER. Theres a camper that killed me I must whine about it now Camper Camper. LMFAO.   Could you scream any loader?

Campers?

Target finder is my friend

campers?

you better kill me with them few vital seconds you have before my riot shield gets planted to the deck and my scar h leans over the top of it,  putting you to the deck.

zvers

I've seen several people use that technique. I was thinking about giving it a try. Question, after you plant the shield, do you place a claymore behind you?!?! LMAO!

Highwayman0226

The only thing I get infuriated by are the people that sit in the corners and wait.

Headglitching a barrel, aimed down a probable path isn't camping, it's playing the game.  Did you think they put all this cover in the game for decoration?  A smart player uses cover instead of running in the open.  The only real issue I have is that you can't shoot through most of the objects people headglitch behind.  What is the point of FMJs if you can't shoot through a garbage can?

MP-officer-NG

Yeah, your right when people camp its really annoying and they should make it so when a camper is camping for so long you should be able to see a flash on the mini map or something. but truth is in real life camping is what enemies do so to face reality there is not much you can do about campers except clear the room correctly then you will not die. If COD is trying to relate the game to real life then we are stuck with these campers.

Another point they announced the game will be anti camping why lie to the fans and get them thinking tht the game will b good I know why cause all they want is the money they dont care about us fans just realize that us fans dont mean anything but I know some games and the makers care but these guys don't.

onewiseguy

You need punctuation in that lol, i had some trouble following that. But camping is a legit strategy that will never go away. People who don't like it and don't account for it in game are going to get killed. Account for it and you will have no problem.