43 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 9:59 AM by dangerchicken RSS

I got my friend to try this game...

Started him in FFA with the PDW and MP7. Keep in mind he did complete the solo campaign. It was pretty brutal, but even though he was having a hard time navigating, he got a few lucky shot here and there which was all that mattered. Off to a good start.

Then I had him try Kill Confirmed. He had a pretty rough time. One guy on his team was getting three of the top streaks, and he couldn't even find the enemy. I was thinking, at least he wasn't on the other team. Anyways, he said he didn't like it cause it seemed to have no point. He wanted an objective to go to, so I told him to try Domination.

This is where it gets pathetic...

I had him search for a Ground War, cause I figured the more players, the better chance he would get some kills. First game, his team owns the other team swarming constant high streaks, and it seemed the couple people on the other team that managed to survive by window camping were pretty much killing my friend with target finders. Second game, disaster. Seriously, you people complain about players leaving lobbies... The entire other team were using sniper rifles, LMG's, and Target Finders, except maybe one guy with an MSMC that was defending. Every direction my friend went there was a crosshair waiting for him.

At a certain point, he says, "That's it, I'm done." This is how you make a game? It just amazes me that a veteran player would use a weapon that gives the enemies position away. Why the **** did you put that crap in this game? Seriously? It's not for noobs, it's for lame ass campers. And WTF. California has 30 million people, but you can't matchmake my friend who's rolling solo into a noob lobby? Just pathetic. This franchise will be dead in a few years, and both the devs and the weak community of campers can share in the blame.

Someday, we'll all be playing a much better game, and a few people will say "This game doesn't have what COD had." And I'll say, "Good, COD was always lame. Just a bunch of camping *******".

Anyways, I'm going to try to play some Zombies with him, but you campers should really be ashamed of yourselves. Skilled players don't have to camp and when I see you in that corner, next thing you'll be seeing is a C4 blast. Get some!

My main point, if you love this game, think about what you're doing to the community when you play with cheap tactics. Eventually, most people are going to get fed up with it just like they did in every COD, and the matchmaking will turn into MW3. If you love BO2, have some honor and play with some skill.

• Re: I got my friend to try this game...
    Noordeep1232

Y do I feel like it was you experience it and not your friend?

blade3370

No point to your post at all..  if you don't like the game then don't play it very easy.

I made some very good points, and if you lack the literary skills to comprend them, that's not my problem. There was no point to your post at all. If you don't like my thread... Too bad.

Noordeep1232

Honestly you claim about campers, yes they can catch you off guard once, but if you keep rushing there blindly and can't take the person out, we here use the term "bad", maybe that's the answer? GET BETTER?

I don't have a problem with campers. They get the C4 from me. The point of my post was that I'm trying to get my friend to join the community, and this game really didn't give him much of a reason to want to play. Target finder campers dropping constant lightning strikes... What a joke. And then people complain about quitters, when it's obvious why people are quitting.

Just look at the matchmaking in MW3. There's a reason it takes forever to find a lobby... Campers ruin the game and no one wants to play that crap. That will be BO2 in about a year.

if your trying to help your friend, maybe put him in combat training to learn the basics first!!

zvers

I was thinking the same thing. OP, did your friend play under your account? If he did, well, that wasn't very smart.

EDIT: Mojo asked this question already.

Also, if he's new, put him in TDM. There are 100k people in that playlist all the time. Big team battle has FAR fewer people so guess what, most of those are probably teams or clans and guess how they will play? I play solo all the time and have observed these things quite a bit. The play list matters and the amount of players will give you an idea of how the game type will play.

Mojo33

Question: was he playing on your account or on a new account?

If he was playing on your account, matchmaking would put him in matches based on your rank, not his noob status. Also, if he played on a new account, you should've put him in Boot Camp, to ease him in and learn the ropes in a more forgiving environment.

Regardless, I find the entire concept of a new player doing poorly his first time in multiplayer not very surprising. I'd be more shocked if he had done well.

What did you expect was going to happen? You can hardly blame the game for the poor performance of an inexperienced newb.

Obviously it was a new account. Come on.

Mojo33

You didn't specify, so I had to ask.

Still, sounds more like a reflection on his inexperience with multiplayer than an accurate indication of anything wrong with the game to me.

I expected him to do bad. One of the points I wanted to make was about why people are always quitting matches. New players get thrown into a game where players are ADS'ing with target finders, and what do you expect them to do? My friend probably got over 15 deaths in a row before he just didn't want to play anymore. This is the kind of crap that will make this game die in the end. People hate that ****.

And not just noobs. I played with my friend who loved BO1, and it seems like everyday, he's getting more and more fed up with campers. He's going to reach the point where he just puts the game away for good, and he's not alone. Again, I'll use MW3 as a good example of where this game is headed.

blade3370

Why didn't you put him on the training room to get used to it.?

Has he ever played a game online before or is this his first try.

Maybe you slapping your face at his every wrong move also put him off.?

The point wasn't how he should have been better. A new player is going to be bad. It was about how the entire game went. The kills by the other team were just so pathetic, why would he want to play anymore.

I just tried the Dust 514 Beta, and the whole time I just kept saying, why the **** would I want to play this ****? Nice maps, cool objectives, but the entire strategy is about getting the best weapons and perks and then steam rolling the other team by camping. I really gave it a shot, and play for a few hours, but I just wasn't interested.

Just like the other guy said, once a better game comes out, this series is done.

WhyNoName

My wife finally decided to give the COD series a try and join in the fun I've been having since MW in 2006.  She is a couple of prestiges in now and it has been an absolute struggle for her due to the inadequate game mechanics we have been given with this game.

My only response to her is to wait until a real game comes out, she will be much better for the experience this game is providing her.  Take the lumps now in an awfully coded game and reap the rewards in the next one that will actually be playable and reflect at least mostly what you are actually doing/seeing on screen (hoping with fingers crossed anyway).

I feel for anyone who joins the community with this release, it is just bad.  I play just because it's the latest installment.  My enjoyment level of this game is definitely lower than any previous COD title.

You should of put him in core TDM.

Maybe. Seems like a lot of campers there too.

sadly there is always campers, not much you can do about it.

blade3370

Shoot them in the head.

C4, but the point is, they don't make it easy to get friends to start playing. I make it my mission to get every kill without sitting ADS or using some head glitch spot. Why? Not because I want to die, but because I've played long enough to be better than that. Veteran players really need to get their values in order. K/D and W/L is not more important than skill. Aiming at a doorway or alley, or shooting over a box is not skill. It's an easy stat pad kill to get a streak to further stat pad you fake accomplishments.

And using a Target Finder is just pathetic. At least Snipers have to use their eyes. I can't believe they put that crap in the game.

blade3370

No maybe not but tryinh to get your friend to join in on one of your games would put him off life.

Try the training part of the game I did that with my friend he got into it after a few days.

He was joining solo on a new account and pretty much getting Veteran 9 players. And this is in California. There's no skill based matchmaking. That's a lie.

msharpblue4d

There is skilled based matchmaking. It's very evident when playing in parties and the lobby leaderboards reflect the spm of the party leader.

It sounds like your friend was attempting to emulate your play style without the necessary skill set to do so. If a noob runs around without map knowledge, reaction time, accuracy and a good understanding of the spawns they will get owned constantly.

I've got a friend that just got a ps3 and bo2 for christmas. He's as new as new can be, but he's now on his second prestige and is going positive most games. It's frustrating at first but gets much better with play time.

I'm not sure how you expect this game to be played. Your friend had a bad experience with people camping... How do you think he would feel against rushers eating him alive seconds after spawning. It's a competitive game and sounds like he needs more time to develop skills.

blade3370

I get the feeling your very unhappy about this game lol. Sorry just trying to lighten it up a bit.

This game like all cod games will get better once the snotty little kids get fed up and move on to the next game probably about the time GTA comes out.

Yes all the camping little sh! Ts get to me aswell but I just make it a goal in the game to de-camp them... now I am sure you do the same and it becomes a very enjoyable part of the game don't you think even better if he returns to the same spot seconds later to find you in his little tent and blast him yet again. But then do the smart thing and move so he can return only to find you picking him off yet again.

That's something that your friend would pick up and begin to enjoy the game.

The other game to try is league play that seems to match a little better.

thats what I do, lol.

zvers

Camper this, camper that.

Dude, why didn't you give him some pointers on how to deal with them if your so high and mighty? It just seems like all your doing in this discussion is "campers ruin everything!" Cry me a river. Just because you don't have the mental capacity to actually over come something that is giving you difficulties is not my/our problem, that's yours! Maybe this games not for you or your friend. The actual play of CoD hasn't really changed much since CoD2 except for kill streaks and perks. They didn't make this game thinking "Well Vaughn, we need to make sure that this game plays exactly for <insert your name here> or else....". They made this game how they wanted it. The cry babies in this country are just laughable. You don't like it, then don't have your mom buy it for you next time!

Izjar11

My main point, if you love this game, think about what you're doing to the community when you play with cheap tactics. Eventually, most people are going to get fed up with it just like they did in every COD, and the matchmaking will turn into MW3. If you love BO2, have some honor and play with some skill.

Sanandreas this thread is two things:

1- Absolutely pointless.

2- Sad.

I am ashamed that you posted this thread, throwing your friend in KC, DOM with no experience, what did you and him expect? The enemy to simply lay down and say kill me, the more I read your post it sinks in how moronic it sounds.

Way to go,

Idk. When i first started playing COD i was having 2-20, 3-15 games. That didnt stop me from playing. If it was his first time playing COD then he needs to reassess his expectaions as a new player

You guys are all missing the point. It's not about how good or bad he did. It's about the gameplay itself.

Why would he or anyone want to continue playing a game where players of high rank and experience are just camping with cheap weapons the whole game?

It really leaves a lasting impression of... "Why the **** do I want to play this if that is where it is going to take me?"

You campers might be proud of your false crap, but most of us know how obviously pathetic it is to wait for someone to run into your crosshair, and most people don't want to play that ****.

Yes, you are allowed to do it. Kids are allowed to be immature. But the community as a whole is going to determine the fate of this game, and if the majority doesn't look down on cheap tactics, then the community will slowly move to better games.

That's all. Have fun camping. It's not going to earn you anything except a false sense of nothing. Aiming down the sights and pulling the trigger is something a monkey could be trained to do.

cranium2001

I just brought a friend into this situation. We play hCKC almost all the time. It's a learning curve and it's definitely curved. The main point is to have fun isn't it? He's improved quite a bit in a few weeks. KC seems to have less campers imo. Just a thought.

Izjar11

You guys are all missing the point. It's not about how good or bad he did. It's about the gameplay itself.

Sanand, dude what were you expecting is my question? This is COD not Mario Kart. People will hide, people will do what ever to get kills, what's the difference on what's cheap! If it kills it kills period.

Why would he or anyone want to continue playing a game where players of high rank and experience are just camping with cheap weapons the whole game?

Well many continue to play, your one friend couldn't handle it so yes back to Mario Kart I say.

You campers might be proud of your false crap, but most of us know how obviously pathetic it is to wait for someone to run into your crosshair, and most people don't want to play that ****.

I understand that the element of surprise (some dude sitting some where) is cheap, it is I agree. But if that is something you or your friend can't deal with than dont play. I have no issue saying, less terrible players = better games.

Yes, you are allowed to do it. Kids are allowed to be immature. But the community as a whole is going to determine the fate of this game, and if the majority doesn't look down on cheap tactics, then the community will slowly move to better games.

Thats what I find interesting, there are many many more games out there you choose this one, he didn�t like how it plays move on. Writing this rant for your friends lack of game knowldge is just strange and uninteresting.

We all started as a newbie like your friend, and yet many continue playing.

StonerShug

Great post. Had LOADS of TF users tonight. Im not kidding tonight was ridiculous. Only managed one lodestar, played most of night

Was in a game with a 9th prestige, he was using TF. He absolutely sucked, but would pull the odd kill from across the map with his aimbot scope (he took me twice 1 kill before heli). When in lobby i said hi, he responded. I told him it was "funny that a 9th prestige uses TF, stay classy dude". He left. Win i guess

blade3370

I agree with what is said about campers. It is just one of them things  to add to the long list of bad points.

None campers jusy have to deal with it and play the game to combat the camper take him out of the game anyway you can. The tac insert is my fav camper of all I love the free second kill it's a golden moment.

Mojo33

So he happened to be using TF, managed to only kill you a couple of times, and sucked overall?

Yeah, that attachment sounds like a real menace, and obviously needs to go.

/sarcasm

Miles_Teg

Another pointless thread of people complaining because the other players don't play the game the way he thinks they should play.

I don't use TF because it blocks my  vision too much and I don't like the cross.

But really it is like the people thinks that the TF just aims by itself. 90% of time the thing is useless, you can see the other player clearly in the screen without the TF.

Well, if you could just post to tell us exactly how you would like us all to play your game so it doesn't ruin your experience I'm sure we will all co-operate.

I hate to think of your friend not playing, God please, just beg him to come back, please! We won't kill him anymore I swear!

phxs72

First a person that struggled through campiagn isn't ready for multiplayer.  The BOTS would have slaughtered him but that is where you should have started him.  Putting him in FFA was a terrible idea.  He doesn't know the spawns or the maps much less how to aim quickly.  So he didn't stand a chance.  KC is way to hectic for a new guy as well as the spawns are constantly flipping.  DOM was your best choice but you should have put him in a 6 v 6 instead of GW.  GW is much more laggy than 6 v 6 and he needs the lower traffic of a 6 v 6 just to get used to the flow.  Lastly let's face it, the TF wasn't what killed him, his lack of knowledge got him killed repeatedly.  BO2 is a tough game to learn but it doesn't need to be dumbed down so that guys that can't even do well in campaign can handle it.  I'm sorry your friend had such a bad night but you should have been a better friend and not thrown him to the wolves on his first night.

xtraflossy

Well I for one will agree in some ways after last night.

I jumped in my friends lobby who has a 0.40 kd and low spm and we played for 30 min.  One match in slums was so god awfull, with target finders and the camping that I (and we) got totally demolished.  We played another match in the same lobby and I noticed not one person left from the other team.

I started checking stats and there was a PM with the usual 3.5kd, a 1.38, a 2.0, a 1.20 and a 1.40 something.

Then I realized aside from being cheap (and there were like 2 guys I just couldn't kill - lag maybe?) that it was a whole team joining a low spm to pubstomp.

There seems to be a lot more of that happening I have noticed when I play with my friend about once a week it seems at least one lobby out of the 3-4 games we play is like that.

81GJOHN

you should let your friend fight me,  he'd probably win, lol

i figure you went on and on to your "friend" about your anti-camper playstyle, like youve posted in many many threads here, and told him the best way to play is with this here pdw and just rush rush rush. he was running around lost and getting killed left and right, what did you expect? all you do is complain about campers. honestly. this is the third thread today ive read where thats what you did. its noones fault but your own that you dont check your corners or you run madly into somewhere and get shot in the back, its not going away. improvise. adapt. overcome. or gtfo.