7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 6:22 PM by SitRepPro RSS

What setups do you consider to be crutch setups

Azrael513

I'm making this to see people's opinion on certain setups that generally piss them off.

I don't really have one but I do get irate when I see people camping with Target Finder LMGs (I do run CB at times) just to improve KDR (even when the game mode in question is not based on kills)

• Re: What setups do you consider to be crutch setups
    nicedrewishfela

To be completely honest there isn't one setup in this game I feel to be OP or a crutch in any way. I have a few classes I consider my fall back classes because I am comfortable with the weapon.

To me it is more a question of playstyle choice and how it impacts the game.

filthy3627

The target finder is probably the answer you will get 9/10 times, however that being said, those who complain about it are the ones who get killed by it and keep running the same route to try to take the guy out. I am not sure if you are a cod veteran or not, but those who are (maybe you are) will tell you that these guys are the easiest to take out due to the lack of mobility and peripheral view they have because again, 9/10 times the players that use it are hardscoped often and are succeptable to being flanked. The biggest nuance to me is the hunter killer. I hate being killed by them. I however can only blame myself as I choose to not wear blind eye and that is my fault so I really have no room to complain. Plus I use them often myself so it evens out.

Jhumpss

MSMC with long barrel... It's far too viable in every situation, especially in the hands of someone who has played with the weapon extensively, It definetly needs to have its range reduced, or its range dmg drop off. Then again it is a weapon I do occasionally run with in competitive because of that, so I cant complain too much, it would be nice to see a more variety of weapons used though.

SitRepPro

Azrael513 wrote:

I'm making this to see people's opinion on certain setups that generally piss them off.

I don't really have one but I do get irate when I see people camping with Target Finder LMGs (I do run CB at times) just to improve KDR (even when the game mode in question is not based on kills)

So really it's them not playing the effing objective more than anything?

Azrael513

And now you know why I tend to have a losing streak in the Chaos moshpit, teammates not PTFOing and instead just going for kills

I may have gone 49 17 with the M27 preset class, but I confirmed 30 kills in that same match.

SitRepPro

This is what stopped me from playing objective game modes in MW3.  I kinda stick to TDM here because I sometimes want a few quick games and I can focus on more gun to gun actions (handy for camo, optics and calling card challenges) because scorestreaks aren't as prevalent in other game modes, for various reasons.

Not sure what I can suggest.  I played against what seemed to be non-PTFO opposition in HQ recently and notice the weren't suckign so badly score wise when my team were 5 away from victory.  But we still won.  They just didn't lose by ~ 200 points.  They lost by about 150 instead lol.

RallyOrDie

M8A1-Red Dot.

FHJ

Hardline/Ghost

Toughness

Engineer

Black Hat PDA x2