23 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 11:12 AM by NorcalBob RSS

I have more fun playing with casuals

Not because they are mostly easy to beat so i can get my Swarm etc. without any problems.

Because its overall more fun, casuals don't care if they lose and never dashboard, they don't care about their precious K/D and don't use the same MLG Pro classes, they just play to have a good time without aiming for a 100+ gameplay. They camp more and use carepackages a lot but it doesn't bother me at all. They don't take the game so seriously and play the objectives more than the MLG Pros. Its the time where i can relax and use weird weapon classes, not using scorestreaks. Just having a fun relaxed time.

I am slowly become a casual player and i love it.

Most frustration comes when playing vs pubstomping clans, all they use is the same MLG Pro classes, spam vsats, lodestar and swarms so they have something to brag about on youtube, and when they go negative they dashboard or ragequit and send you a message how you suck, when they were the ones who left the game. I don't mind competitive matches from time to time, i was in a clan in the CoD4, MW2 days so i have experience with competitive matches.

I seriously enjoy playing with casuals more even when i don't do well, its just all for having a good time. I have more fun going even vs casuals than positive vs MLG tryhards.

Oh and before i forget, most of the casual players are more friendly than the tryhards, tryhards always send you a hate message and complain about everything.

• Re: I have more fun playing with casuals
    nicedrewishfela

I have more fun not labelling people.

I am an MLG tryhard, and I like pushing my abilities to the edge.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

What I hate are parties that pubstomps. It's like KD padding against a  team of uncoordinated randoms. I play solo 99.99% of times and I hate the trashtalk part. I do find their calls helpful though. They usually alert their clan mates if I took down one of them and that often backfires against them as I can read their positions.

I play solo and I play casual. It's a less stressful experience. They often don't say anything after you kill them and trash talking is almost non-existent.

HighMJW13

I used to be more of a hardcore PDW every game type of player, but now I'm switching over since I hit prestiege master. It is a lot more fun to run around with a balistic knife and play the objective instead of just killstreak whoring the whole game. I'd always get mad whenever I got killed 1 away from a killstreak, but now I just don't care and it has made the game a lot more fun.

vims1990

I guess I would be considered a "tryhard" as I play with friends more than I play solo.

Reason being that it's less stressful and I don't trust randoms as I tend to carry them which can be rewarding but frustrating at the same time.

Compared to those parties you have described, I don't trash-talk, I don't quit when I do terrible and don't send hate messages. If I lose, I accept it and try to do better in the next match.

I can understand how frustrating it is when playing solo which is why I think there should be changes to Mercenary Moshpit

Mercenary Moshpit in my opinion should be just TDM, Kill Confirmed & Domination (Top 3 Most Played Game Modes). I tend to see players leave if say S&D, CTF or Demolition shows up as an game mode option. I can see this becoming popular for solo players.

Another option is creating a playlist where stats don't count but you can still earn full XP and camo. So if your stats aren't affected, players will most likely stay in.

I would like to see changes in the Mercenary Moshpit playlist as well, TDM, KC, DOM only would be absolutely amazing, those are my favorite game modes.

I wouldn't say that you are a Tryhard because you play in a party, some casual players do play in parties as well. At least you don't behaves like them.

parnezzi

casuals are more fun since their not trying to be something their not, "tryhards" are usually people who suck, but don't think they suck since they use all the easiest and "best" of everything to make up for their lack of skill. and do good against people who suck like them but aren't tryharding and people who are missing quite a few brain cells.

if someone was actual MLG then they wouldn't need to use some cheap tatic or EZ mode gun.

metalabyss

"Tryhards" can be ok to play with/against at times as sometimes you can learn something to improve your game play. I just hate the ones that go into a public game with randoms then start barking out orders like a drill instructor.

Ran into a dbag like this in a game not too long ago. To give him credit he ended up with a good score and got k9 twice if I remember right but he was such a dbag all game a couple of our teammates started shooting his dogs.

BigpoppaPump

I play with a party with at least 4 every game and we only "tryhard" when we play against a clan or a party. I have a feeling a of accomplisment when they rage quit. In fact that is our goal, which is to make them rage quit. Or if we feel we control the game, we would give them a few rounds. But on a bad note, we have lost quite a few times in OT by doing this. It is like cheat codes were inputted for the other team, and we couldn't stay alive/plant or they just get these big scorestreaks out of nowhere...probably a lucky carepackage.

Adam1234567893

I know how you feel it's more fun when people aren't being Drift0r's definition of a tryhard with all their OP gun spamming and spawn exploitation. I wish they would make a tryhard playlist for all the MLG wannabes basically you get 15% more XP and rewards if you play it so that the casual players can finally play in peace.

Izjar11

Oh and before i forget, most of the casual players are more friendly than the tryhards, tryhards always send you a hate message and complain about everything.

casuals, tryhards, campers, jumpers, sprinters, what more do we need to label?

highlandsparky

Izjar11 wrote:

casuals, tryhards, campers, jumpers, sprinters, what more do we need to label?

Don't forget the noobs...quickscopers...hardscopers...red dot chasers...drop shooters.

I'm sure there's more..

Schoat333

I am definately a casual. My overall k/d is terrible, because I go a long time without playing the game so it takes me some time to warm up each time I play. I have a good time tho. Especially when I get in a game with someone that is way too serious. I find the rage quite comical.

NorcalBob

I dont really follow your train of thought.  Perhaps you mean players that go for the win / objective with no regard for their K/D is what you mean by casual.  If so, that is a good animal.  They don't care that they suck or that their K/D is in ruins. They try hard to win but may end up negative in the K/D with 8 caps and 10 defends in a Dom game. A do whatever it takes kind of player.

If on the other hand your "casual gamer" is the morons at the back of the map trying to shoot basketballs in the hoop or practice their dance, lay down in a corner with a sniper rifle or some other meaningless waste of time that screws the team then hell no its not ok.

You don't have to be a good player to be a Tryhard, you just have to try to do your best.