40 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 4:38 PM by SitRepPro RSS

the loadstar needs nerfing

belly120

yeah so pretty self expanatory, the flying missile lauching machingun needs nerfing, it lasts about a week with an infinite supply of missiles with a rate of fire of about 500 rounds a minute, its totally ridiculous!  its also a complete pain to shoot down.  even using an lmg with fmj takes ages while an attack helicopter can be dropped in a clip with accurate fire.

it needs a major nerf, either a shorter time span or limited missiles alla the warmachine or a slower rate of fire.

the maps don't help as even when not visible to its targetting system with the appropriate perk it can still bombard the whole map with such ease that you just get smashed.  sort it treyarch!

• Re: the loadstar needs nerfing
    maccabi

i think you're problem is basically you need to use a launcher not an lmg , personaly i dont have an issue with lodestars,

1) they go boom fast with launchers

2) you can take cover

3) its a high killstreak so not many people get them

4) standing there shooting killstreaks with an lmg is like walking around with a big sign saying free kill here come and get it

belly120

oh i agree lauchers are prefferable but it takes more then 2 shots and most of the time i barely get one off before i'm caught in a sea of explosions.  you don't see them very often but when you do they completely break the game.

i guess its more the point that they seem really childish with the stupidly high fire rate and infinite ammo.  yes its an action arcade shooter so no i don't expect a mil sim but that thing is like an 8 year olds idea of what things like that do. saying that the game was clearly designed by 8 year olds for 8 year olds lol.

They do unless the user knows how to trigger the flares lol

Then they can be a real pain

Thankfully most have no idea how to do this

Izjar11

Though I do not have a problem with them, because they arent seen very much you point out some discprencies"

No, it takes three FHJ missiles to take out. Problem is a good majority of players do not bother with launchers.

) you can take cover

Yes, and you might get lucky the enemy doesn't find you or that the lodestar didn't create a orbital VSAT!

jwaller123

maccabi wrote:

i think you're problem is basically you need to use a launcher not an lmg , personaly i dont have an issue with lodestars,

2) you can take cover

3) its a high killstreak so not many people get them

4) standing there shooting killstreaks with an lmg is like walking around with a big sign saying free kill here come and get it

Well said maccabi. All very good reasons why the lodestar is just fine.

phxs72

It's firerate was slowed down with the last patch.  So it's already been nerfed.

belly120

they slowed it!!! jesus wept man its still ridiculous, what was it before the patch 800 rounds a minute!

it still needs nerfing, as its a carbon copy of the reaper they should just tone it back to that rate of fire but make it take longer to lock onto due to its stealthy design.

its still OP

A10 is cool though amd thats a beast it just seems more rounded with its flight path and pauses between attack runs.

phxs72

LOL your first line made me laugh   Yes they did fire much faster before the patch.  I keep a class setup with Blind Eye/Coldblooded and a launcher just to take them out when needed.  More often than not I can have them down rather quickly.  So if you think about it, they probably should shoot quickly or the guy earning it wouldn't get very many kills from it.  That is if I'm in the lobby.

rdnsnow

^^ This.  Its already been nerfed. Same with swarm. Lodestar is a high scorestreak reward and it should do massive destruction.

biron_w

The problem is idiot team mates that don't have a class to shoot them down. I played a game last night where one went up and I was the only player on my team trying to shoot it down. And I kept dying because none of my team were using Cold Blooded so when they died they'd spawn next to me and i'd get killed by a missile heading for them

phxs72

Always run away from your team before trying to shoot it down.  If they didn't have the good sense to use Coldblooded and die then that's their problem but you can't shoot it down if they keep spawning next to you.

RallyOrDie

They need to reduce the radius or damage of the missles.  JMO.

SeraphOne

They are very rare, I hardly ever see anything higher than a stealth chopper. Just back out of the game and find a new lobby.

riksterinto

2 words...black hats

black hats with cold blooded and fast hands and there will be no more loadstar.  haha

cmjrobinson

there is building you can stay in for the time its up and it cant kill you....common sense people.

xmrythem

everytime the opposing team has gotten a loadstar, everyone switches to blindeye + fhj, it goes down within 6 seconds. pretty hilarious

Jhumpss

If you're on an idiotic team that dont try and take it out, then yes you will feel its OP. It will rip your team apart, especially on a map with little cover like slums, its easily dealt with using a launcher though.

JBurn244

It's a 1500 streak. Shouldn't be easy to get rid of. Should reign terror. As tough as it is to get it should do some damage...and it does.

If your crappy team mates allow opponents to get Lodestars in a game that's unwinnable, just leave. You're going to lose anyway. Might as well save the frustration.

belly120

black hats was a good shout as they are possibly a quicker take down, i will see.  i also must be unlucky as i do seem to get hospital passed into games where the other team seem to be lag rapping, boosting or just cheating.  last night most games had swarms, dogs, loadstars, A10s etc. 

one game there were 3 guys that could literally pull massive kill streaks out of their ass on a whim, 2 swarms, dogs, 3 orbital v-sats, multiple lightning strikes etc etc, it was a total joke.  i dropped out an reported them as it was tragic. 

another match i caught a load of boosters, its a shame but i do seem a dirty play magnet at the moment.

UncleFizer

I can't tell if the OP is serious or not.  If you are then maybe you should play something else.  It is supposed to be hard to shoot down.  And the ROF isn't all that great in it.

ElitePepe

You can barley get killstreaks anymore without them being taken down instantly. Its ridiculous, if anything the loadstar needs a BUFF.

I'm serious.

Even just a few hours ago i logged in, played a couple games. I got a couple stealth choppers that didn't even make it to the Map because they get insta-shotdown and i got two or three loadstars that were also shotdown within 5-7 kills...

The Vtol warship is useless as it takes 1 rocket to take down.

These are HIGH killstreaks. like others have said, there supposed to utterly DESTROY as a reward for getting them, yet more then half the COD community all have FHJ- Blind eye classes to switch to...

So, these killstreaks are already practically un useable unless your in a lobby with players who dont happen to have a stupid take-down class.

So, why would they nerf this?

It seems to me your only upset about it because you can't get high scorestreaks so in turn your annoyed that the loadstar is some-what difficult to take down.. boo hoo.

asystole

This is why these forums can just be silly.

Half of you think it's OP, half think it needs improvement.

Half of you complain it can't be taken down, half complain that you don't have enough time to use it because it's shot down too fast.

Before and after the patch, I could take it down.

But it all comes down to team play. Teams usually can take it down quick, randoms that know what they are doing can take it down quick too.

I could do a lot of damage with it too, if teams talked.

It's not the killstreak that is OP, it's the lack of experience or caring in the players that game.

You kmow what I do? I go back and look at the video to see how the player got one, so I can do it next time.

Finally, with just a little practice, you can prevent anyone from getting a big killstreak.

Bielsalmighty

Its a high end Scorestreak, what on earth would be the point of earning it if it wasn't powerful? They can be taken down very fast by a team who play sensibly - I got shot down once after firing one solitary missile, props to that team.

If you are stupid enough to not try to take it down ASAP/shoot at it with an LMG *facepalm* then of course its gonna smoosh you. To be honest, the VTOL is even worse if it gets left up in the air - I've gotten 15-16 kills with that thing when the enemy team have been filled with idiots who think they are above taking out the high end scorestreaks. Most I got with the Lodestar was 9 I believe. Then again, the VTOL flies lower so a well aimed RPG means goodnight (and yes that happened to me XD).

No. The Lodestar was fine even before the nerf IMO. Its a high end streak, it should be strong and it should punish those foolish enough to not deal with it.

Datura

I take them down no problem with a specific stealth class for fast arial takedowns. Ive had such a class since I started playing the COD series because its presumably common sense. Ill fire two via the launcher, C4 myself (if not killed) and shoot again, result: enemy Lodestar goes bye bye in under 10 seconds. You'll potentially incurr 3 deaths max.

You are essentially admitting your incapable of playing the game correctly and are overwhelmingly stupid if you have difficulty carrying out the above actions successfully.

Its a Streak hard earned if ppl get one on you shoot it down or hide no more nerfing they just need to check the connections thats it no more nerfs suck it up and play the game!

DaManiac

its the future get used to it.

codchamp

For a 1500 score streak i wished it last longer and was stronger

Now i tell you what needs a major buff. Swarm. I never get any kills with them

vims1990

codchamp wrote:

Now i tell you what needs a major buff. Swarm. I never get any kills with them

You probably aren't getting kills with the Swarm because the opposing team normally rage quits or dashboards once you call it in.

Reasons why I don't bother with earning high scorestreaks, everyone quits because they're too scared to die in a video game. I'm forced to use non-lethal support streaks just for the opposing team to stay in.

What suprises me is that people here are telling the OP to leave the match. It isn't hard to create a Blind Eye, Cold Blooded class with FHJ Launcher people.

Ive got a class for just that situation on mine,they put up a Warthog I put up missiles BOOM hogtied medal, up goes a lodstar I get a uppercut medal, shadow catcher medal etc..... It amazes me how few players shoot down score streaks..

SitRepPro

Doesn't surprise me.  They're being too greedy with their CaC points that they don't even have a backup class having the Stinger.  I used to run one or two Black Hat PDAs before I prestiged but I always have a dedicated anti-air class as backup.  High end streaks are pretty rare in TDM, which is my most played game mode.  If someone calls in a Warthog or above, they've done well.

jwaller123

There is so much common sense win in this thread it is ridiculous. Everyone else is able to deal with it very easily. So how is it you can't? There are numerous things in this game that can deal with it quickly and efficiently. Try anything anyone suggested here and you will see for yourself. The only thing that needs nerfing in this game are the people that want everything nerfed.

D3MONGAM3R

Slower fire rate, limited ammo, and slower missile movement so you can at least get one FHJ off before the boom. Problem solved.