16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 3:03 AM by SpoonsV RSS

Hard Wired - The red headed step child of Perks?

STEELERPRIDE7

Does the Hard Wired perk get any love from you? 

I have 10 classes set up with EMP grenades on most of them and I run C-UAV as a scorestreak.  It seems very apparent that many others I play against are using a similar set up. 

I find it useful to have a few classes that counter the main classes I usually run.

So, as soon as, it's unlocked each prestige, I set up a counter class or two with Hard Wired.  Sure, there are instances where it can be a complete waste of a pick if no ones running EMPs and C-UAV.  For that reason, I won't begin a match with that class set-up.  But, it's there if needed.  Lately, I can't go more than a game or two without using that class set-up. 

I play Core KC, so maybe it's more useful in that mode than others?  Does anyone one else always have a Hard Wired class set-up?  Do you usually set-up class(es) that best counter your most used set-ups?

• Re: Hard Wired - The red headed step child of Perks?
    deadimpact

Yes, I often have one class set up with Hard Wired. The main reason I do it is for the XP I get for progressing through the Hard Wired challenges. I don't play a lot of KC, but I can see how this perk would be helpful.

i never use hard wired
    there are much more useful options for me

scavenger takes #1 priority, toughness is #2
    perk 1 greed, perk 3 greed, and primary gunfighter are much more rewarding wildcards

my class setups are just whatever i want to use, the only class i would consider a "counter" class is an anti-air support class that i almost never use

STEELERPRIDE7

Yeah, I make one of my Hard Wired classes an anti-aircraft one too. 

Don't really care about the HUD then?

i do, it's just that i feel that things that i get more consistent uses out of are more worth it.

for instance, flak jacket protects against ALL explosions. tactical mask protects against multiple tacticals. ammo from scavenger is a godsend, especially when combined with primary gunfighter.

for hard wired, i find that it has very limited use. i have to be in a spot where somebody is throwing emp grenades. which isn't rare, but not as consistently as everything else. or somebody can throw out a counter uav. not rare, but the majority of the time, it gets shot down fairly quick. doesn't really warrant using the perk. and then there's emp systems. people that play against me usually don't get high streaks, and if they do, it's not guaranteed that they're even using emp. i would say most people don't. they can get a lucky care package or my team can just feed them kills without me finding them, but those are rare situations. just doesn't really feel worth it to me.

rlbl

nope... I play HC

MrFluffy949

Quite often if you play hardpoint there is a lot of EMP spamming, so I have a class made up with hardwired swapped in for tac mask which I would use otherwise

CallOfDutyFan88

i never use ghost/assassin perks in any cod game because i always found better perks in the tier they were in but ghost should have been combined with hardwired as one perk in the begining. the only thing that made ghost bad in the past was the fact it kept people hiding a corner completely hidden and it included a no red name/no red crosshair part. since that part was fixed in black ops 2, most of us wouldnt care about them having radar immunity to counter uav and emp scorestreaks.

STEELERPRIDE7

That is a pretty good idea.  Ghost was the first Perk that I permanently unlocked just because I barely used it since it's at lvl 55.  But, I have found it difficult to use Ghost when I can just use a silencer and get the same effect when a UAV isn't out.  Plus, I use C-UAV for scorestreak.  Would be nice, but won't happen.  Do you ever use Hard Wired?

CallOfDutyFan88

nope, i like scavenger and toughness too much to ever use hardwired in tier 2. in tier 1, i like flak jacket, hardline and lightwieght too much to ever use ghost. i can live being on the uav for 30 seconds a match so i rather wear a perk that helps me throughout the entire match and doesnt depend so much on my opponent running a specific setup. i have to always win my gunfights, be aware of spawns and check my corners either way regardless so ghost makes way too little of a difference to me. in mw3/black ops1 it was pretty much the same story. i really dnt understand why people find it ''manadatory'' to use ghost on every class. if u are a aware player with good gun skill than u really dnt need more than a silencer tops. while silencer is very helpful, even silencer isnt mandatory. my k/d is always better on my unsilenced classes than on my silenced classes because the guns i run unsilenced usually kill quick and im usually long gone pursuing the next victim before the enemy tracks where i was during my last gunfight.

blade3370

Show the ginger perk some love.... not really never used it myself much better and loved perks to use than the ginger one

Yes, I have a Hard Wired class. Mainly because it's the only Perk Challenge I haven'y fully completed yet.

I don't see the need for it. If it protected your equipment and scorestreaks I would but it would be a bit OP then so I don't know where they can go with it tbh.

Maybe if it buffed your equipment with a casing that could withstand 1 EMP it wouldn't be so bad. Not everyone runs 2.

I am always baffled (but pleased) when I'm playing and take out someone's sentry or guardian with an EMP practically as soon as they place it, only for them to bring it into the next match.

As for losing your HUD etc, I don't think it makes much difference, even if I'm running an EO Tech sight and the crosshair disappears, I know where the midlle of the sight is, just maybe takes one or two more shots to get my eye in. Not being able to call in a scorestreak is merely an annoyance for about 20 secs.