1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 4:06 PM by BobbyMcGee Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    M4GNUM

So then how is this a bad thing? It proves it could work.

• 41. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    M4GNUM

Support is most likely the deciding factor. If it ran so-so, I really wouldn't care about support.

I bet there are a ton of people who would buy the SD version of BO2.

• 42. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    Padiego

._.       .....i have no idea how to explain this. .....a wii version would run off a whole different server and network than the wio version, not to mention a different code. erm.....you're trying to make a ps3 game running off psn work on a ps2 game running on gamespy. ....erm......it wouldnt work.

• 43. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    M4GNUM

Is this conversation exhausing anyone else? LOL

Okay - Bobby said he played BO1 on his Wii U and his clan played BO1 on their Wii. They played together. So obviously it works and would work with BO2. I understand the differences in networks and all that. I'm just saying that if BO1 works cross-platform...BO2 should as well. I shudder to think if I throw MW3 into my Wii U that I'll only be able to play with others who put MW3 into their U's.

• 44. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    Padiego

But bobby was playing on the WII EMULATOR, not a wii u....try putting your wii u bo2 disc on your wii. Does it work? No.....i can't think of a better way to explain this. The wii u is basically two consoles, a wii u and a wii. When one is off, the other one's on.

• 45. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    BobbyMcGee

No you will be able to play with everyone on previous titles for sure. Just unsure about the new one. See technically when you put mw3 or ops 1 into your u, it becomes a wii (emulator). Now when you put in 2 it runs off the wii u, so I am unsure if the wii would be able to connect to the u. A trey u......

• 46. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    M4GNUM

I'm getting so frustrated, LOL.

If Bobby's BO1 disc was in the Wii U and his clan's BO1 disc was in their Wii...who the hell cares if it switches an emulator on or off...the point is that the 2 consoles played together. So if BO2 was ported down to SD on the Wii - it would still work. I know if I put my BO2 disc into my Wii it wouldn't work - that's common sense. Basically the Wii U is a Blu-ray player and the Wii is a DVD player. Blu-ray can play both HD and SD versions of Deep Throat, but the DVD player can only play the SD version. But both can watch the same movie. Stupid analogy. Grr.

I'm starting to feel like an idiot and might rage quit this discussion, LOL.

• 47. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    Padiego

........when bobby went to the wii menu, his wii u metaphorically turned into a wii. When he and his clanmates were playing, it was wii on wii action. Oh and its not Blu-Ray btw....its a mix  the discs are sort of blueray sort of dvd.

• 48. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    BobbyMcGee

Basically the u becomes a wii when a wii disk is inside of it. When black ops 2 is in the console it is a wii u, as its new technology it won't mesh with the old technology. The wii u is backwards compatible in this way. But the wii won't be able to connect with the wii u system, I know I sound like a moron bear with me, because the coding or whatever the f@#$ is different. The wii u is backwards compatible but the wii isn't forward compatible. Wii u can connect to wii with previous titles, but the wii cannot connect to the wii u running a new game. Gawd I butchered that can i rage quit on myself? Lol sorry guys.

• 49. Re: Anybody Remember The Call Of Duty Pack? ...A_Trey_U?
    BobbyMcGee

But the wii u can't be hacked while playing wii games correct? I mean like I said I was one of the few that didn't get my stats raped, really wish a trey u would comment here, would be a big help.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next