30 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 12:42 PM by one_of_ten RSS

Attention WiiMote users

Ronin2012

Hi guys (WiiMote users)

I just wanted some feedback from wiimote users on how they are finding this game at present.

When i first got the game I struggled to get any semblance (similarity) to the way i was able to play the previous Wii COD games.

I struggled to get more than a 1:1 kill ratio.  I put it down to being a new game and it might take a bit of time to get used to it and this may have been so to some degree although everyone else here would have got it at the same time roughly as I did.

Anyways after a while I saw my games getting better and my k/r got up to around 1.6ish

Then after these patches started coming through Ive been struggling again and k/r is dropping every game. Im getting killed easily and quickly these days by people that seem to be faster and alot more accurate than me. Not only does it appear that other players are getting the jump on me by seeing me before i see them (even when running toward each other) their aim is spot on target from the very first shot. Also noticed that my shots dont seem to be doing as much damage to others as they do to me. I can hear bullets hitting but not stopping players as quickly. I am getting alot of assists so thats showing that im hitting them but not enough to kill them even up close in alot of cases.

I want to basically know if other wiimore players are having this issue also.  I dont use procontroller or game pad so i dont want to compare with these.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Attention WiiMote users

I feel pretty much the same way sometimes haha.  Just take a break if you are getting frustrated and try again later, that's usually what I do anyways.  If it really means anything, my overall kd is about 1.7.  My kd started low because of weird connections though, I don't think I can blame it on the wii remote.  There are still some flaws with the wii remote, but overall I still enjoy using it in the game and have a good time.

Convict7

Yeah, I also have problems with my bullets, I get several hitmarkers but it doesn't stop them, the reason why you get killed fast might be just because of lag.

Been using SMGs to back up my complains a bit, but I'm starting to think that they're not too strong, infact, it's just the ******* lag on our screens that causes you to get insta killed by them, but it doesn't mean that people who go SMG 24/7 didn't irritate me.

I've also started to notice that the grip does infact help, but apparently for some weapons like M27, it seems to increase the upwards recoil, yet makes it feel more accurate, I don't know really, I use too many attachment choices, got to test things more.

All I really can recommend to you is that if you suffer a lot from lag shots, grab ARs like M27 and Type 25, they both seem to get the job done. Another suggestion is Fal, KSG also gets the job done.

Some people here have been saying that KSG is just a hitmarker achine, but honestly, I've never required more than one shot with it, two over distance unless I hit the head and use LB.

Anyways, stick to speed and power, equip stocks and quickdraw, if you require silencer, then just throw away your lethals and secondary, lately I've only gotten nothing but hitmarkers with C4 and frags, and there has been no flak jacket users, no icon.

like2nap03

The hits not registering is just lag.    People will seem faster and more accurate when they are using DA because it is more accurate with that crazy aim assist.  Since there is no aim assist on the Wii remote, you have to be perfect.  You're aim can't be off at all.  DA aim assist doesn't move once it's locked on to you.  The game is aiming for them at that point and all they have to do is pull the trigger.  If they get a lock on, then you can't miss a single shot.  You have to be dead on perfect.  You miss and you die.  If they don't get the lock on you should have plenty of time to take them out. 

I love the wii remote now that's its fixed.  I'm doing great with it.  KDR is on the rise.  I still feel at a disadvantage in long range gunfights with DA users but I'm sure aim assist will help with that when it comes back. 

Ronin2012

ive seen alot more of my deaths on killcam showing their aim locking onto me like a magnet. i could jump in the air, dive to the ground , run left and right and they follow me the whole way.

I got sick of it last night and played reflex and went 51/5 even with a toober in the game . that made me feel better but i cant stand the low quality graphics after blops2 .

Playing it on a big screen TV put me back a little at first too. I was playing on a 34" for a couple of years and moved the wiiU to a 60". I think i played better on the small screen. I thought it would be better for me on big screen as my old eyes would see targets better!! Not to be

Ronin2012

like2nap03 wrote:

The hits not registering is just lag.    People will seem faster and more accurate when they are using DA because it is more accurate with that crazy aim assist.  Since there is no aim assist on the Wii remote, you have to be perfect. 

This happens when i am host too so im not sure how lag affects me in ths situation. Hosting is actually a little worse.

like2nap03

From what i've heard if you're the host and someone has a really crappy connection in the lobby it can screw you up.  I've only heard that from a few people but supposedly it does happen.  Someone broke down why he thought it happend but I don't remember the details.  For me hosting is beast mode. 

Ronin2012

thats just weird. I'd like to know if thats true and how it happens. Host for me on any other cod equals carnage for others. As i mentoned above, in my first game on Reflex in months i was host and went 51/5 and thats going back to a game that feels different altogether.

like2nap03

Don't compare MWR though.  Host on that game is crazy OP.  Anyway, it has something to do with you hosting and the lag comp messing up because one guy in the lobby has a really crappy ping.  I didn't pay much attention cause the guy that posted the explanation has been blaming lag for all his deaths for at least 2 years and 2 games now.  BUT like 2 other people said that it happens sometimes when they host.  Someone with a bad connection messes them up when they host and when it happens it's pretty bad.  Sorry I don't have details but it wouldn't matter.  All you can do is find another lobby when it happens.

BCCSinCARA

Im just patiently waiting for the new patch...

EliteKing

when is that comin anyway?

BCCSinCARA

as far as I can tell before the end of the month -_-

Black ops 2 was NEVER designed or meant to be wii-mote compatible. A wii-mote user is just taking up space when playing black ops 2 to make a 12 man team.

Do you think these morons that made this game even tested the wii-mote for this game? HELL NO....If they did, they would have saw that you couldnt control the dragonfire, turn when in ADS, bullets dont have as much damage as using gamepad/classic controller, the warship and the lodestar controls are messed up and thats some some of the issues with the wii-mote.

They want to be like XBOX and PLAYSTATION. I wouldnt be surprized that in the future that they fazed out the wii-mote.

My girlfriends son plays black ops 2 here at my house and he said the same thing i've been saying, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE ACCURATE WITH THE GAMEPAD/CLASSIC CONTROLLER, JUST CLOSE TO GET A KILL.

All in all, this game sucks, the price sucks, the maps suck, the wii-mote sucks, the lag sucks.

If the maps were going to be like they are then they should have added the portable radar. Its nothing but sniping and camping.

Isnt quick-scoping a form of cheating? You can thank the morons for making that possible in this game. Anyone who plays combat training would know that even they are programmed to quick-scope when on REGULAR SETTING.

As I said before, I play just to pass the time. Im waiting for something better to come out.

This is coming from a wii-mote user by the way.

BCCSinCARA wrote:

Im just patiently waiting for the new patch...

LoL and then what?

Yes the wiimotes are far from being right. Combine that with this games joke of a connection based issue, and you're just food for the DA user, who enjoys AA, barely no recoil and the ability to stay on a target, getting more bullets in to their target.

DatBigSwitcha2

I'm having a good time oddly enough.

My KDR has risen significantly since the last patch.

Ofc i'm still getting killed by DA aim assist users, but when they make up 99% of the community, what do?

I'm in 2 minds on DA aim assit. Firstly if they keep it as it is, in general, wiimote users suffer but if they nerf it then i might destroy DA users like I did on MW3..... and that game was easy as pie.

like2nap03

DatBigSwitcha2 wrote:

I'm having a good time oddly enough.

My KDR has risen significantly since the last patch.

Ofc i'm still getting killed by DA aim assist users, but when they make up 99% of the community, what do?

I'm in 2 minds on DA aim assit. Firstly if they keep it as it is, in general, wiimote users suffer but if they nerf it then i might destroy DA users like I did on MW3..... and that game was easy as pie.

We should be back on par when they bring aim assist back to the Wiimote with the next patch.  DA AA is OP in this game. It's like akimbo in MW3.  Just kinda have to deal with it.  Every COD has one or two things seriously wrong with it that keep them from being great.  This one, for me at least, it's aim assist and footsteps. 

i feel good with my wiimote settings but missing the snap all the time, makes the game fair!!!

no problem to take guardian or sentry to a new position, lodstar and vtol works good with wiimote now...

big problem is weapon pickup on inventory button at the moment i use a killstreak .

:(

pls. give the mote the snap back for better distance fight!!! makes the game fair!!!

and i think some wiimote user comes back to the game!!!

anybody a info when is the next patch come??

BCCSinCARA

Im having fun too. Although upset but still fun.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414012563

As a 'spastic but finely tuned' Zombies melee'er, that permanent aim assist made the higher rounds extremely frustrating, as well as made those galvaknuckles the most useless weapon in the game. (lunges every time)

My friends and I have stopped playing as a result. So having gone from playing every day to not being able to play well at all, you can imagine how happy I am about it.

From what I understand that terrible aim assist has been hotfixed out of multiplayer for the time being, but it's still in zombies and quite honestly, for as easy and as crucial a fix for zombies wiimoters that this would be.. it's day 15 now, I'm feeling ignored and we're starting to lose patience.