1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 196 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2013 6:45 AM by pauly02 Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!

You were the first on here to make a post when you lost your 4bar crutch.

@Padiego, what do you for the 3rd world countries?

• 41. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    like2nap03

I did say almost .  There are some scenarios, as I've mentioned in another thread, where the host can be a vicitm if someone with a really bad connection gets in the match.  Most of the time though you see the host do better than everyone else.  The scenario where the host has a bad connection, and does better because of that, should be rare.  They set this up that way in the video.  The game is rarely going to pick the person with the worst connection to be the host.  So that scenario is a nonfactor in most cases. 

I have a good connection.  Always 4 bars. When I'm host it's beast mode.  I've only had one game where I hosted and did bad.  In that game 2 players had 1 bar connections which bogged me down.  Makes sense.

As for Pauly here I don't know.  Pauly are you hosting a lot?  Never host?  Have you noticed if you were host in the matches where you did well?  Or not the host?  Paid attention to the bars you and everyone else had?  If not, then start really looking at that stuff and taking notes.  Try to figure out who the host is if it's not you.  Get a mic and ask people where they are with respect to you.  Maybe if you work at it you can diagnose the problem.  May not be much you can do about it, but maybe you'll at least have an explanation.  Also try playing at peak times player number wise and minimal times.  Like 3,000 online one day and 600 online the next. (you may have to screw up your sleep schedule for that).  Again pay attention to the bars and who's hosting.  Get a mic and ask who it was.  Gather as much info as you can in each scenario and write it down.

Also do a bunch of connections tests on pingtest.net and speedtest.net.  Try several different servers from several different locations and distances.  I say both because they are different and give different information.  Take notes on that too and maybe that will help you diagnose the problem and see what your limits are. 

In theory, assuming it works right, the Best search function should only find hosts in your Region and Any will look outside your Region.  Try normal as well.  Pick one option at a time and play each one for a week (two if you can stand it) and gather as much of the info that I mentioned above as you can.  Find out what works best.

Also google your router and ISP setup and see if anyone with a similar setup has experienced problems in online gaming.  It's amazing how much helpful info you can find on a random forum that you've never heard of.  Maybe something is wrong with your setup that you don't know about with respect to the way this game works.  Also contact Nintendo, or at least check their troubleshooting page, and see if you have an optimal setup for playing on Wii U.  May sound silly but there may be something on there that you don't know.

• 42. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    Pwnsweet

buy a capture card and record it and put on youtube

• 43. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    Ronin2012

I definitely suffer with Host lag compensation in a major way. I cant play as host, i have to leave game and rejoin another. The only COD game that has ever been a disadvantage to host (for me). How people can shoot me before i get a shot off is beyond me. I know im getting old but come on people!

YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

• 44. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!

I contacted nintendo and there's nothing wrong with my internet or my wifi settings. Funny thing is they say they're getting alot of calls of this nature and related to this game. Well what d'ya know huh!!

• 45. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    OFCPaul1974

I'm still feeling the pain of my last game last night! 0-10 and did not stand a chance on any of the kills as by the time I had seen the enemy in the same 0.2 split second the brain registers an action they had already, seen, aimed, killed, had a cig and then run off!!

The lag was that bad!

I have to say when we played with giorgio and makkie I had decent games! as soon as we teamed up with the US guys it all went pete tong!

• 46. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    Padiego

Embedded image permalink

This is google fiber....I'm.....so.....jelly

• 47. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!

OFCPaul1974 wrote:

The lag was that bad!

I have to say when we played with giorgio and makkie I had decent games! as soon as we teamed up with the US guys it all went pete tong!

It was nice to see you suffer for a change Have you contacted Nintendo? It might be your consoles wifi settings..

• 48. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    A_Trey_U

Hey pauly02, just out of curiosity, have you tried a wired connection to compare the difference?  It would be intersting to us to see what your experience is like when you're not using wifi.

Thanks for calling Nintendo and checking your settings.

• 49. Re: Treyarch, your game is unplayable!!
    BobbyMcGee

as long as there is a strong signal it shouldnt make a difference though right?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next