26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 11:37 AM by LargeLentils RSS

People appear out of nowhere

OrbitaIVSAT

I don't know if its the fact that people move too fast or lag or even the broken cameras but people seem to appear out of nowhere. I get killed by people thatcwere not on my screen but when i watch the killcam i ran right by them. I feel like the camera is too zoomed in on this game, wish we had a FOV changer. This is one of the many factors that makes this game completely unplayable for me, went back to MW3 yesterday and was just astonished at how much more smooth the gameplay was. Example of what im talking about:

• Re: People appear out of nowhere
    BMooch1

LMAO this game is awesome

Jhumpss

Lol, I've never encountered anything to that degree, but I always find myself being shot from round a corner due to lag comp

tracy

Don't know which is worse - this or being spawned in front of enemies line of fire

belly120

ah lag ops 2 you never fail to inspire a level of face palming i never thought possible.  i have been killed by the invisible man many times its a joke

r33k

i love how vonderhaar modeled himself in this game. every time i see those guys im like VONDERHAAR!! then when im that team, i just go into the corner and masturbate.

that is pretty bad, if i were you id send that to crap arch

omgx2rainb0w

This has happen to me MANY times.. It's like the player model is invisible.. I'm glad someone has finally recoreded that ****.

obzi

I get this quite a lot including just last night on Raid  Damn you Vahn!.

OrbitaIVSAT

My other thread that included this video was deleted for some reason, am i violating some some of conduct by pointing out a legitimate flaw in the game?

I replayed this video several times, and it's hard to tell if the weapon (MSMC) is simply blocking the view of the enemies avatar since the enemy is crouching. Very hard to tell. Too close to call.

Watched the video like 10 times.  I love it!.  lmfao.

i've had this too , plus been kill one side the map and respawed the other side of map just to be kill bt the same player ,and i shoot spmeone and i die and they dont 

OrbitaIVSAT

This

This happened also in MW3, you have to shoot the dead body after you killed him, you can protect yourself against it by not pressing X while watching the killcam.

CODRocks131

Yeah this has happened to me a few times. It sucks but it doesn't upset me nearly as bad as someone not appearing on the screen when were right in front of each other. Both of these videos is just garbage. I am glad everyone is seeing what I am seeing. For a long time I felt alone on the inceident of people not being on screen when they shoot you dead. I was always a fan of Treyarc side of Call of Duty's, I loved World At War especially, but Black Ops 2 is the worst Call Of Duty by far. Most of the time I am lucky if I pull even just because of video's like the two above. I go through it constantly and it always seems to be worse when im the host. I had pretty decent to high K/D in every other COD game I played except for 4 (I was new). I am about a 1.22 on Black Ops 2 and I struggle to get that. My biggest problems are:

1. Being killed when nobody is there, kill cam shows them standing in front of me.

2. It taking an entire clip to kill one guy and a massive amout of hit markers.

3. approaching an enemy from behind, firing 5 or 6 shots getting hit markers only for him to turn around and down me in a shot or two.

4. Spawn killed constantly, In one match I was spawn killed 8 times back to back without being able to take more then two steps from my spawn point.

5. Screen constantly freezing on me, and it seems to happen the most when I have started firing at an enemy, then it unfreezes only to show me falling over dead instantly.

6. Coming face to face with an enemy and I start shooting, recieving 3 to 4 hit markers and then falling over dead. Kill cam reveals that the enemy running to the side of me hip firing killing me instantly and showing me never firing a single shot.

I could go on and on but you all have heard all this before. This game is nothing but problems and they are not doing anything about it. Wish they would fix it so we all could enjoy it.

gzowner1

happen to me tonight, about 3 games. I would be walking, than boom i get headshot. Not behind me, but littler in front of me. Had to go back to theater and watch it... he wasnt nowhere near me, than a sec before my death he pops up. The other 2 was a lag switcher that i manage to ran into twice after switching lobbies. Reported and message the MOFO that be been caught and reported. Reply back was SO WHAT.. But to your point.. it is happening a few games here and there. Im working on a theater to upload and ill show you my examples.

CODRocks131

Thank you, Thank You that someone has finally shown a video of what I always go through on that piece of crap game. Nobody ever believes me when I tell them I am being killed by enemies who are not there on the screen until after I fall over dead. I dont know how to post video's or anything but I saved a few when I went back into theater checking it out. This is EXACTLY what I go through constantly and why I will never take K/D or W/L records seriously. One time that really pissed me off was when I was playing Kill Confirmed on the new map with all the sand (cant think of the name). An enemy had a sentry gun in the window, so I climbed up  and got behind the sentry gun to take it down, but first I looked all around that small room for an enemy, well there was nobody there and all of the sudden I die from no where. After my body hit the ground, I see an enemy crouched in the same corner I stared at after being shot. I never saw him before then obviously. I went into theater with all my friends (Because they dont believe me) and played back the game. After watching the video I clearly climbed through that window and stared dead in that corner, took a really quick look around that room, and stared into that same corner again. There was clearly nobody there, and then im killed out of the blue. I found out who that player was and went to his view in theater at that exact moment I climbed through the window, and guess what? He was crouched in that corner the entire time. This game is nothing but bull crap. Thank you for posting this video and showing proof that this down happen.

LargeLentils

Ive had this happen a lot! This needs to be fixed.