28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 1:41 PM by whytie84 RSS

Scorestreaks in TDM.

ElseAndrew

Are a little low in my opinion, in Core TDM the objective is to kill, it's also the most played Playlist, people say "UAV spam blah blah blah" but even if the score was increased to 125, you would still need 4 kills WITH hardline, thats still 1 more kill than in other Call Of Duty game and no one had any problems then.

At the moment, you need 10 kills just to get a Helicopter in TDM (with Hardline) in MW2 it's 7 kills, in BO1 it's 7 kills, in MW3 it's 7 kills, all of a sudden it's 10 kills, 3 more than ALL previous title, thrown in with Skill based match making it makes it even harder to get streaks in TDM as you're playing with people of equal skill so most gun fights are 50/50 if you're not fighting lag.

Kill Confirmed, 50 points for a kill, an extra 100 points if you collect the tag, or 75 points if your team mate gets the tag, minimum of, yes thats right 125 per kill, so why can't TDM be the same? Again I'm using KC as an example, you can get killstreaks without even shooting your gun, just run around picking up tags... TDM is all gun as streaks are hard to come by, it's something that needs to be considered in my honest opinion, I'm sure many people will disagree but I'm sure a lot of people also feel the same way.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your opinions and thoughts on this to.

• Re: Scorestreaks in TDM.
    fearless_fred

Because all the lame ass corner campers whined and cried because they can't camp anymore and seeing how most of 3ARC devs are corner campers too they whole heartedly nerfed the UAV.  I don't even use scorestreaks in TDM its just not worth the time really.  IF you do get a UAV, which along with the CUAV is the only real way to work up to any of the decent scorestreaks, its just shot down a second later so why even use em. 

While I don't care much about TDM, it is the same in FFA. I always use Hardline, and streaks are simply harder to get because the kills bring in less points. This seems like a mistake, but they probably did it on purpose to get you to play other game types.

ElseAndrew

It didn't work, Core TDM is still the most active play list, they can't force people to play the MLG playlists they want, as not everyone is playing for that, some people are casual gamers and streaks make it fun.

There was a reason the Bare-Bones playlists never picked up, because they're BORING!

BukLau101

Do you watch 402Thunder402 on youtube? He has been hounding the devs for ages to get the score raised in TDM and FFA from 100 to 125 and I have to agree.At first I liked it, no UAVs no annoying low streaks but now TDM is boring as hell.

ladylucina

BukLau I am subbed to him and he is sick of hounding the devs for the score to be raised. I remember his vid stating Never play TDM without hardline and the vid shows why. He went on a merciles medal and still didnt get any kind of chopper in the air. I mean come on treyarch. It's time to seriously wake up here and give us(the people who make you billionaires) the scoring raise we want

ElseAndrew

I watch Thunders vids, yes, and I fully agree with what he says. 100 isn't enough for a non-objective based gamemode.

rlbl

Although I hate TDM, I agree the score should be raised. Whenever I do end up playing it I think "75 already? That match was way too fast"

ladylucina

I agree. In my honest opinion I think they should raise the score per kill to 125, and the overall game win score to either 100 or 125. that way TDM becomes interesting imo. Over way to quickly now. I mean when I am nearly on for stealth chopper etc, I look and our team would be at 70. Or even 72 etc. I mean I would put it in the air and then Bam, game over lol

rlbl

yeah it is so true... if you are playing with half decent players... you only need 5 to get 15 kills which is too easy to do.

That is one of the reasons why I stick to objective games (including KC).  The game is not based on kills alone...

ladylucina

I was a massive dom player. Still am tbh. But I just wanted to try a change. Went to TDM. Played it for quite a while. Then tried KC. I kinda suck at that but still will play it. I have tried demolition, CTF. What I want to try next is HQ. If they raise the score in TDM then it really might be interesting for me lol.

BukLau101

The score to win definately needs to be raised from 75 too. Most of these maps play so quickly that even without streaks a 75 score limit doesn't last very long.

phxs72

In KC you only get 25 points if your teamate picks up the tag, so the min per kill is 75 assuming someone picks up the tag.  However, you are correct that scorestreaks beyond the lower-mid tier are quite difficult to come by in TDM unless you just luck into a lobby of noobs.  I impressed myself by getting some lightening strikes over the weekend but I'm not all that good at TDM.  Most of the time I'm lucky if I get a UAV.  At the very least they should lower the UAV back down to facilitate the opportunity to get some of the higher streaks.  TDM has never been a good place to get the highest killstreaks with any regularity but you should be able to hit the mid tier pretty often.

ElseAndrew

Is it 25? I didn't know, see I don' play objective games.

Either way you can still run around and collect tags and gain points off those without so much as firing your gun.

And yeah, streaks are harder to get. I do get kill streaks I've had choppers, Warthogs, VSATs etc etc all in TDM but they're still hard to get.

Izjar11

Are a little low in my opinion, in Core TDM the objective is to kill, it's also the most played Playlist, people say "UAV spam blah blah blah" but even if the score was increased to 125, you would still need 4 kills WITH hardline, thats still 1 more kill than in other Call Of Duty game and no one had any problems then.

No. Its fine.

At the moment, you need 10 kills just to get a Helicopter in TDM (with Hardline) in MW2 it's 7 kills, in BO1 it's 7 kills, in MW3 it's 7 kills, all of a sudden it's 10 kills, 3 more than ALL previous title, thrown in with Skill based match making it makes it even harder to get streaks in TDM as you're playing with people of equal skill so most gun fights are 50/50 if you're not fighting lag.

I am glad that in TDM you are not overwhelmed by scorestreaks! Leave it be. Go play something else.

Thanks for reading, looking forward to your opinions and thoughts on this to.

Bad idea for a good game mode! Practice the art of self containment!

Botton line is in TDM its he who kills WITH WEAPONS the most!

A bloodthirsty for a UAV that gets shot down after 5 seconds.

Not very rewarding.

garryowen107

I pretty much play tdm nowadays like it is barebones with the occasional scorestreaks mixed in. That's why I only have one or two classes with hardline.

whytie84

I like the scoring system as it is for TDM.

What it does is encourage players who cant reach the kill streaks to GTFO of tdm and go play some other game modes. The problem is that all the new players by default play TDM and cry they cant get a UAV. If you struggle go play domination / CTF / demolition, FFS even kill confirmed.

If you play the objective in any of those game modes, you can get dogs / swarm in no time.

Kill confirmed is 150 points per kill assuming you collect your own tags. plus you get the bonus of hoovering other peoples tags plus the denies.

Im sick of the cry babies. There are much more important issues that treyarch should be working on!!

WhatzHisName

Yeeaahhh Buddy!

Izjar11

Geast response!

whytie84 wrote:

I like the scoring system as it is for TDM.

What it does is encourage players who cant reach the kill streaks to GTFO of tdm and go play some other game modes. The problem is that all the new players by default play TDM and cry they cant get a UAV. If you struggle go play domination / CTF / demolition, FFS even kill confirmed.

If you play the objective in any of those game modes, you can get dogs / swarm in no time.

Kill confirmed is 150 points per kill assuming you collect your own tags. plus you get the bonus of hoovering other peoples tags plus the denies.

Im sick of the cry babies. There are much more important issues that treyarch should be working on!!

Quoted so people will read this TWICE!

Well said.

iAmEFFeX

I was actually shocked that TDM kills were not worth more. The objective is to shoot other players, we should be rewarded for this. I'm obviously not going to be able to add anything that hasn't been said, but TDM is just plain boring in this game. It's my favorite mode too. Good players should be rewarded with decent score streaks. Honestly, unless it had come from a care package I've never seen anything over a stealth chopper in TDM. It's horrible.

Treyarch really dumbed this mode down. It's too bad. Hopefully we go back to the norm on the next COD.

WhatzHisName

I wouldn't change the scores, the only thing i would do is lower the RC car to 350 so it was below the UAV and still took 3 kills like all the other COD's. That way most people who complain they are to high would get one and it wouldn't really contribute to any higher scorestreaks. So the game style would stay the same but more people would be able to earn that first scorestreak (and only the first).