10 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 11:50 PM by thebestgameralive RSS

Worst spawn System ever.

xdemonthekiller

Am i the only one who knows that black ops 2 has the worst spawn system ever? People once say that Modernwarefar 3 had the worst spawn system and needed to be fixed but now black ops 2 Has striped that title away.

:/ Bam spawn killed on the spots, Bam 3 seconds after spawning dead x.x, Bam Dead, Bam Dead...Dead...dead..deaddd...

• Re: Worst spawn System ever.
    frayne

Its pretty bad I'll agree. I have since adjusted to it, but it still rages me. People spawning behind me. Domination can be bad if you only have one flag. The other team just spawn traps you

radical_53

It's really bad, yes. I hated it in MW3 and even thought it wasn't that good in BO (enemy you just killed comes around the corner only 50 meters later) but this here is just plain bad.

Spawn in the direct line of sight of an enemy (or even turret / Guardian), die instantly, spawn in the exact same spot again... perfect logic.

It may be hard to spawn people without enemies closely around them but hey, *they* designed these maps and made them this small, right? Getting killed right after spawning is even worse than being killed by a lagger.

A Pig that flys

The spawn system is easily better than in MW3. In MW3, you could spawn right infront of an enemy...and they would kill you. In BO2, unless you're playing Nuketown2025, you will almost never spawn in an enemies line of site, same goes with a sentry of gaurdian. If the game says "hey, the only place in his/her spawn they can spawn in will get them an instant death. How about we spawn them on the tother side of the map" you will spawn on the other side. You have a chance to get out of the spawn trap, and it comes down to 'how good are you'. In BO2, if you are getting spawn trapped as badly as you say you are, then it's your fault. Either you can leave the game and risk probation, or you can man up and do something about it. If you spawn in the middle of a spawn trap, take it slowly and kill off the enemies that aretrapping you one by one.

Fairly regularly i spawn in someones line of sight, ive actually spawned where a sniper was aiming multiple times, was good fun.

radical_53

Try playing CTF for example. It happens very regularly there, not only on Hijacked. Yes, there's people spread out all over the map but still it should be possible to spawn players in more-or-less safe places.

IndyOldGuy

A Pig that flys wrote:

The spawn system is easily better than in MW3. In MW3, you could spawn right infront of an enemy...and they would kill you. In BO2, unless you're playing Nuketown2025, you will almost never spawn in an enemies line of site, same goes with a sentry of gaurdian. If the game says "hey, the only place in his/her spawn they can spawn in will get them an instant death. How about we spawn them on the tother side of the map" you will spawn on the other side. You have a chance to get out of the spawn trap, and it comes down to 'how good are you'. In BO2, if you are getting spawn trapped as badly as you say you are, then it's your fault. Either you can leave the game and risk probation, or you can man up and do something about it. If you spawn in the middle of a spawn trap, take it slowly and kill off the enemies that aretrapping you one by one.

I guess I must be dreaming then because I spawn with enemies behind me, in front of me, next to me, hunter killers hitting me the minute I spawn, lightning strikes, you name it.......mw3 at least gave you a second or 2 or immunity

i have had a lot of games where im thrown in progress, and just instantly die after i pick a class mostly CTF and HQ

funny i saw a dev interview before release where he said they had a less then 2% bad spawn rate. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH   BULLLLLLLLLL SHEET

This spawn system is one of the worst thought out in the history of gaming.  Pigs talks about MW3 being bad, but at least there I never spawned into the line of fire.

Of course, Activision will not fix **** even if its going to kill the franchise.  They don't care.  We all already bought the game so they can just screw us as they want.

This system is even worse the MW3.  When 90% of the time you will spawn right behind, beside or in front of the last player that killed you or vice versa its broke.  Hell I killed the same player 6 times in a row because he kept dropping right in front of me.  He finally just left the game.  Then next game I kept spawning WITH the enemy team.  Thing is until it can be exploited and glitched to no end and make it start to affect the developers personal game play they won't do a thing about it.  They only make changes to the game that make it easier for the developers to dominate in their own game.