13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 1:11 AM by Wavy416 RSS

Deranking Question

blackfire561

Hi I wanted to know what excatly do you have to do in order to get deranked. My friend said he got consecutive deaths in games over and over and lost his shotguns. I know you have to have a good KD but how good. What do you have to do in order to stay at your rank???

• Re: Deranking Question
    extremefight49

You won't be deranked for playing poorly.

- TopFighter

ydajdimstr

You WILL be deranked for playing poorly... When DieRise came out, I lost my rank after a few **** games... Took me several games of 1000+ kills, 10+ revives, 0 downs to get my shotties back... Please, do not tell people that they cannot be deranked...

ZomBossChick

on my psn account i got my shottys and lost them for playing a really really bad match after i got them and had to play like 3 really good games with at least i know i had 7 hundred and some kills on one and 8 hundred and some one the other 2 matches with 1 down each match and like 5 or 6 revives and got them back so yea u can get deranked for playing like sh** lol but i dont think u get deranked if u just dont play i havent been on my psn account for a week or so and still have my shotguns just one tally mark and no blue eyes

hell_sent

Yes you can get deranked if you go down a lot.

The real formula for the rank is still a mistory but  get 200 kills before you go down or for every down you get and you safe.

Sped2001

I have been recording my stats after each game, and going back and forth between crossbones and skull... often several times a day.

If I have a good game I get promoted to skull, then I deliberately go down a bunch of times and get demoted to crossbones.  Repeat.

Kill/down ratio is not the whole story, but it's a big part of it.

CombustiblSquid

why would you deliberately go down a bunch of times?

ZomBossChick

hes probably trying to figure out the ranking system how it ranks up how u get deranked an all that crap y why else would he ??

Sped2001

ZomBossChick wrote:

hes probably trying to figure out the ranking system how it ranks up how u get deranked an all that crap y why else would he ??

That's it.  I'm tracking all my stats, and seeing what it takes to go from crossbones to skull and back again.

Also.. It's fun when everybody in the lobby thinks I must suck because I only have crossbones, and I end up carrying the team of "superior" skulls.

I also like helping people get perma-quick revive.  I need the downs.

Actually a good way to test this would be to sign in with a guest account.  Someone pointed out a while ago that when you do this, they become an exact copy of you.  Your rank, your fridge gun, your EE and NAV table/card status, and your money in the bank.   After you sign in they become independent.  His idea was that you could take all of the money out of the guests bank and hand it to the main account, effectivly doubling your money.

My point is I have used a guest account to get the quick revive perk, and I noticed after one such attempt (where I had to do it twice because I lost it when I tested it the first time) that the guest had ranked down to a skull (it had started as a knife, same as me).  Once you reboot your xbox (or possibly just sign out/in again) the guest is then created as a fresh copy so you could track how many downs it takes you to actually lose your rank.  I probably had about 40-50 downs in that game on the guest account

blackfire561

Ok so just to clarify my question is, I am at 60,000 kills and 41 downs. If I get up to 100 downs and 70,000 kills will I get deranked. Like if my downs start pileing up does that count at all towards getting deranked, or does it just matter on how porley you do in game. I hope I was clear its a hard question to write.

extremefight49

My bad. I did not realize this was in the zombie section.

- TopFighter

its gotta b ur KD cuz i lost mine shottys got them back lost em again but got it back