25 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2013 4:04 PM by xfleyeingxbuizcitzx RSS

Your a noob?

SHUTA89

There are many posts all over this forum about who is and is not a noob. First of all if you want to get technical you are a noob if you didnt play zombies before bo2. Every other little detail is personal opinion.

• Re: Your a noob?
    SHUTA89

Apparently I'm a fuckin noob because I scant spell check and see that I put your instead of you're...yay:)

Its definately not personal opinion on whose a noob. Theres alot of things that can make a player a noob.

And by noob I mean someone who makes decisions that hurts them or their team and they probably dont even realize it.

Things like overall game awarness factor in. What to do in certain situations.And even simple things like stacking points.

So its really no where near a personal opinion thing as there are many "noob" things people can do.

One mans noob is another mans pro. It's all in the perspective. For me a zombie noob is unaware of the rough storyline. Doesnt understand until its explained the concept of leaving a zombie or 2 to get stuff. Doesn't go for headshots. Never ran a **** train. Is still holding the trigger on insta-kill, is pack a punching at round 7 with a full an94 or similar power gun, runs off mid round to buy perks and/or hit the box. Thats just my perspective though.

YorkshireGit

I once got verbal abuse and called a noob by someone on nuketown zombies. It was something like round 10 an I'd already opened galvaknuckles up when I noticed a perk had come down. I looked over to the back of the house which was still closed and unbought and could see the top of jugger so rather than take the chance and save for galvas I opened up through to the back and bought jugger. Course the box was on the opposite side and this one American kid was giving me all sorts of abuse down his microphone calling me an effing noob cos I didn't open the house with the box. I think he was the definition of a true noob. I laughed when he died using the box a little while later, him being the only one on the game not to realise jug had dropped and then he rage quit the game when he couldn't get his gun before I even had the chance to revive him. Don't get newb(ie) and noob (idiot) mixed up. It's okay to be a newb but never a noob.

A noob goes for the box when there's a fire sale in the middle of round 25

Iamadvance

Newb = new to the game

Noob = not new to the game but still a horrible player

FLi_iNc

Should this word be offensive to people? I mean I hear people say this all the time, but I am sorry that it does not sound offensive.

You're such a Noob...Nothing -_-

Cheesegrater28

Yeah, not sure if its even supposed to be offensive or just a way to categorize people. Its probably supposed to do both, but the word definitely doesn't have the same impact as a real offensive word. If anything, its probably worse to say it then be called it. If I was out somewhere and called somebody a noob I'd probably get my a$$ kicked for being a nerd. Thats why you gotta stick to the classics like d!ckhead, a$$hole, d0^chebag, ch0de stick, and poo face. Classics.

FOHDR

don't forget other classics like "why don't you just go kill yourself" , "you were a mistake, you should have run down your mother's leg" , and "my goldfish just died".  

FOHDR

I liked the one time I got called a noob because I didn't pick up a bomb drop on round 6.  At that point I can get more points from shooting zombies than getting the bomb, and its not like round 6 takes that long to get through........

Or even better, I got called a noob because when someone went down, I ran in circles with zombies not shooting the zombies so that another teammate could go revive the downed person. 

If things like this make me a noob, then I'm proud to be a NOOB!

Like if you don't understand why it's important that the rounds count. I don't care if you played since waw if you don't understand why the rounds are so important then you are a noob, if your paying attention trasharch which we know you aren't because you wouldn't let a little thing like repeat customers feed back stifle your all important creativity that makes you guys noobs.   

There are things like buying a wall gun in the starting room or even shooting zombies during insta kill that have a rep for being noob tendancies but really arent so much,

Now thats not to say its not common for noobs to do things like this but just because someone does these things it doesnt mean they are a noob.

There is a difference between a noob and a newb.  Being new to the game would be a newb. Not being new to the game and just being bad at it makes you a noob.

Nasdaq401

People call me a newb when we start a match and say "hey, why do u have 0 points?" Since I bought the mk14, and they laugh.  Keep hitting your box getting an Rpg.  Ill stick with my 25 headshots and 5,000 points :p

a noob is that 12 year old who says oh **** there are zombies and gets downed 12 times by round 5(while he had an rpd)