28 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2013 2:10 AM by THE_SENSIBLE_ONE RSS

The KSG, a little advice please!!!!

I am currently running with the KSG, however all i seem to get is hit marker after hit marker, even at close range.  My first question is what is the range on this thing?????  and secondly is it best to ADS with this rather than hip fire it, even at close range, as this may explain my hit marker problem?!!!

Thanks for your help

The_sensible_one

Always Learning!

• Re: The KSG, a little advice please!!!!
    Terps_ftt

Haven't really used this gun and forget exactly how they word it, something like "a deadly slug instead of a buck shot spread?"  Not sure the exact range but I know it's considerably more than the other sg's. would makes that you would have to ads rather than hip fire. Unless they're right in front of you obviously.

TRU11

longbarrel and either laser sight or red dot.

range is AR range lol

hijjacked nuketown best maps to use shotguns.

monkeylord

Try out long barrel, laser and stock also planting your feet when you ADS will get rid of a lot of hitmarkers.

phxs72

ADSing is best since it shoots a single slug and has a small hitbox.  And it's better to keep you engagements mid range.  It has a rather impressive range for a shotgun.

thanks for the tips, i'll def try planting my feet, its all going on, just got to remember to do it in the heat of battle! lol

LivingInLaLaLand

Heres some advice on the KSG:

Probably the 3 best attachments for it are the Long Barrel, Laser Sight, and your preferred optic sight. Try doing a Custom Game against bots on regular difficulty to get a feel of how the KSG works. You also need to be really accurate with your shots or you're gonna miss and/or get a hitmarker. This Shotgun also [If you didnt know already] fires a slug, instead of a buckshot spread.

I have it Gold and its my favorite shotgun, well after I got used to it [:

iEXTERMINATED

i have a nuclear with it my att quickdraw and long barrel this thing needs to aim to get oneshotkill so quicdraw will help and long barrel to make sure i do get a oneshotkill

Big_Piimpin

I have the shotguns diamond and all maxed out so I figured out the best setups. ( well, ones that worked for me) With th KSG, the best i could do was quickdraw, and a silencer. Since it's a slug, you don't want to hipfire or use laser sight becuase there's still a lot of room the slug could go to. With quidraw you're almost instantly aimed down. I use the silencer becuase it ahs amazing range and it won't effect it. Plus if you miss a shot or two, they won't know. You could switch out the silencer for a long barrel if you want, but I din't find it necesary.

Sixaxis

If you're only using the KSG in situations that're close or close-mid range, the reflex sight isn't a necessity. NEVER put Surpressor on that gun, ever (It's a waste imo). Laser sight is good for the close ranges and if you suddenly run into someone don't even bother ADS'ing, just hip fire them. Long Barrel on it without surpressor can get you longshot one-shot kills if it's a headshot, and anywhere else puts them near death.

kylet345

The one hit kill range is 13.75m and the max range is 31.25m. You should always aim with this weapon. I actually find Dexterity to be useless on this weapon due to the fact that I'm aiming most of the time already. So taking out Dexterity for something like Tactical Mask, Engineer, or even Extreme Conditioning.

mn7_la

I have diamond SGs (& all Primaries except Assault Shield). For the KSG, my go-to set-up was either Long-Barrel or Suppressor - with a scope (I usually prefer the very normal Reflex sight - nothing fancy).

My play-style was to get "in your face" against the enemy - meaning, really close-quarters. Chaos Moshpit landed me in such games more often. Games like HQ or Hardpoint - can get more kills when I could manage to stay-alive near the objective. IMO, Nuketown is easily the best map for (levelling up) this weapon.

I did get into some  HC games for the OHKs - but getting bloodthirsties was definitely better on Chaos Moshpit. For my bloodthirsties - I set-up the class with Flak Jacket, Tac Mask, Blind Eye, Cold Blooded (basically to minimize random deaths by betties, HKs, TF-aficianados, Shock-Charge-campers etc).

Always played the perimeters of the maps (kept rushing in & out of buildings/rooms, etc).

Most Important observation: The KSG is not the Remington. If you look at the "Accuracy" you will see that the Remi has 1 point (or 2) more than the KSG. This means that in game-play you will have to aim more precisely with the KSG than you'd do with the Remi.

MN

sennalike

You definitely cannot use it when you are lagging badly.  That said, it is a good gun to determine whether you are or not!

I got it gold usng the following set up -

Ghost (much to my dislike but needs must), blind eye (needed to get bloodthirties without dying from a Hunter killer)

Nothing in perk 2

Engineer and dead silence.

KSG with laser and silencer.

Keep moving constantly, but never running unless absolutely certain no enemy is around.  As soon as you see an enemy in range (which is pretty good with the KSG, even with a silencer) then you want to do a quick L1 R1.  Always aim if you can, but you can get kills with just the laser if you need to.

I found it most effective on the larger maps, not hijacked, although it can work there too.  With the perks you can effectively get behind the enemy and pick them off without them realising until it's too late.  This strategy works best when the rest of your team are drawing the enemy away from you.  Using this technique I managed to get the KSG to gold in 500 kills (I know because I stop using a weapon once it's gold) which is the lowest number for any gun so far for me.  I didn't even get to prestige the gun twice.  It's one gun I will be going back to when I have finished my "gold" run.

Black_Beard

The ksg does 200 damage per shot out to almost 16 meters with the long barrel on, and then it immidiately drops to 75 damage per shot past that 16 meter mark (with long barrel).  If you get a hitmarker that means that the enemy was further than your one shot range and you are then only doing 75 damage per shot.

Best setup I found with it is:

1.Ksg

2.long barrel

3.laser (or red dot/mms but laser helps with many things including ads accuracy)

4.toughness

5.T2 greed

6.Scavenger

7.c4

8.dexterity

9.T3 greed

10.engineer

There are variations of this but this is one of the best I got.

ehess001

I just got my KSG gold last night, took me what seemed like forever! I like the long barrel with laser sight for smaller maps where you might need to hip fire more. I also like it with the adjustable stock since its much more accurat when you ADS, and you can move faster while ADS with stock on. It was a grind getting everything done, but I liked this gun more and more as time went on. If you are getting hit markers at close to medium range, you're lagging and you might as well switch to another gun or back out. With good connection this thing is a beast!!! I use flak jacket, fast hands and dexterity with it...

Pyric

My loadout with it is quickdraw and long barrel; ghost(I play dom a lot), fast hands and toughness(to decrease random misses), and dexterity; C4; and black hat. I like this loadout for rushing and capping and such but if you're more of a stealth player than go for that however you like.

DropSquadMonarch

A kill from close range is damn near impossible with this thing.

but if they are about 4-5 miles away, you might get a kill with one shot.

lol ******* game.

bigsib2

The best advice for this gun is to actually is to drag scope like you would with a sniper rifle. This gun requires accuracy and rewards it with instant kills. This gun is what i break out when playing Remington noobs.

bigsib2

The best advice for this gun is to actually is to drag scope like you would with a sniper rifle. This gun requires accuracy and rewards it with instant kills. This gun is what i break out when playing Remington noobs.

unicronhound

I like to ADS, also my class setup was long barrel, with stock, until I unlocked the quickdraw. For perks I had on ghost, and blind eye, toughness, and enigineer(helps with those pesky betties). I did the gold camo with this setup while playing hardpoint, headquarters, & hardcore, also the one thing I noticed is that ranking up the gun seems to take forever, I currently have 646 kills, and I'm only half way through 1st prestige on it.

well i tried using longbarrel and quickdraw, it seems to have done the trick for me, although your right, if there is a game which is lagging, it is near on impossible to hit people from any sort of range lol!  It is def a gun which you have to get used to, and adjust your playing style. I just love the feeling of a one shot kill! followed by another then another!!!  lol