1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:46 AM by Treloise Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

any acog helps see an enemy, the red diamond doesnt put you on target, it just highlights a target that isnt using cold blood

target finder removes perifial vision,  the cross hair is too big.. just like the regular acog just that the Tf is designed to look for enemies, you guys act like its an aim bot

silencer does have rang and damage drop, but its perk is way greater.. your off the map.. i would be Op if it didnt have damage drop that you can run stealth and have the same stoping power. there would be no point to no using it.. everything has a negative to it, and a counter

• 71. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    asystole

It only helps increases your range by helping you see right?

It does not make the rounds travel farther, so I don't understand why it's over powered.

I mean, for example, I can see a guy on the other side of the map in Carrier, but it does not mean I can kill him better. I still need an accurate burst only fire shot, and my target has to be still, assuming he hasen't moved after  the first round hit him, and general lag is on my side LOL

• 72. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    JBurn244

C'mon man, you can't say there's some kind of negative to the target finder. There's no argument there. You gain exponentially more than you are forced give up when using it. Not balanced.

• 73. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    SitRepPro

JBurn244 wrote:

Err0r_6_ wrote:

so your saying there needs to be an added down side to what the attachment is ment to do?.. does any other perk get an added down side?

what added down side does an emp grenade get? or red dot sight, or MMS?.. why the Target finder?

There are infact 'drawbacks' to some attachments. Not 'negatives' neccessarily. EMP grenade? Yeah, it wipes out the HUD, but it doesn't slow/disorient your enemies like flashes/concussions do. As mentioned, silencers keep you off the mini map in exchange for reduced range.

My whole thing is the intended 'drawback' to the target finder is not one at all, given the nature of the attachment and the LMGs people typically use it on. The combination promotes stationary, safe tatics, where the 'reduced periphrial vision' is not a drawback. You don't see people run around with the target finder (very often), if they did, then yeah reduced vision would be enough of a penalty for red boxes.

If you can sit back and pick people off across the map there should be a little recoil. That's all I ask. You want red boxes highlight targets at any distance? You get a little extra recoil. I'm not even fussed about the whole Cold Blooded thing, the attachement still lights up and buzzes.

EMPs aren't supposed to have an anti-personnel effect anyway, unless players are cyborgs now.  I've seen plenty of rushers with ARs and SMGs use the TF.  Even if you're not very mobile, the reduced vision means you cannot see someone who might flank you.  The sacrifice in using TF is you spend a point on it.

• 74. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    SitRepPro

JBurn244 wrote:

C'mon man, you can't say there's some kind of negative to the target finder. There's no argument there. You gain exponentially more than you are forced give up when using it. Not balanced.

Nor are the SMGs then.

• 75. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    Treloise

It's been proven that the TF increases hitboxes, so it does actually make shooting someone at any range better!

• 76. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

if only you knew how many times ive been shot from the sides while in the TF

or how many times the diamond has gotten int he way where i could tell where the head glitchers head was

the diamond targets enemy players, but it also gets in the way combined with the cross hair

• 77. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    rankismet

Err0r_6_ wrote:

so your saying there needs to be an added down side to what the attachment is ment to do?.. does any other perk get an added down side?

what added down side does an emp grenade get? or red dot sight, or MMS?.. why the Target finder?

the fact is if i see you, i see you regardless of the red diamond.. you basically want to to nerf the attachemnt,so its not even useful anymore.. to the point where there is no point of using it.. if you hate the the red diamond, then use cold blood, its that simple, but you prob dont want to sacrifice toughness to do it...  just like anyone who has a problem with the TF,

the only thing i will agree with about the TF is that the little wall hack glitch in it, that needs to be fixed, thats it

How the TF should have been designed to work...

No magnification.

Does not fill up the screen.

CB players never are "lit up".

Sight should not alert you to fire.

Players not wearing CB boxed up when visible in scope.

In otherwords, treat it like the MMS.

As it is... that sight is being abused more than a BUD/S candidate in Hell Week.

• 78. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    Ovrlord

Come on guys/girls. I've read through every post. Some of you completely disregarded the point I was trying to get across. All I'm saying is the attachment is powerful enough as it is and shouldn't change the color of your reticle when aiming at someone regardless of the perk they're using. For those of you who thought of some particular comments, I can care less if they're going to shoot at you or not. That was already going to be the obvious. The attachment can make you very lethal at extended ranges as some of you already know. Why should Cold Blooded users be able to be detected by it when it was supposed to ignore it in the first place? The red diamond might have disappeared, but the reticle lighting up is still a problem. It shouldn't light up at all.

If you think this is fair, then there has to be a better explanation as to why you think a perk shouldn't be able to stop it when it should.

• 79. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    OrbitaIVSAT

Add to that  1 second delay on diamonds appearing and remove the unlimited range.

1 6 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next