1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:46 AM by Treloise Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

Sorry though you are entitled to your opinion, i have to say

the lmg's are slow as dirt in movement

yeah you dont have to reload as much, but with the maps being so small, you always run into an enemy when your reloading

lol and no the hip fire is CRAP, its one of the worst in the game.. put on laser sight and it is still terrible

lmgs are slow and clunky, they are suppose to be, they are not R&G weapons, alot of people do not understand this. they are defensive weapons to hold down areas of the map.

just like a run and gunner being able to peakthrough a crack and get a kill, my TF should be able to spot that, thats what its there to do.. i can understand why there is hate for it, people who play cheaply are the fastest to scream noob attachment

just funny, because its cool if they head glitch, but TF are nooby? hmmm

• 61. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    SitRepPro

OrbitaIVSAT wrote:

LMGs have:

Huge clip size

No recoil

Ridiculous penetration

Decent hipfire

90% movement  (85% in previous cods)

Actually the only guns that have like no recoil is the M8 and the Kap40 if you care to look for recoil plots.  May be the MK48 doesn't have enough recoil but then it has a relative low rate of fire instead.

Ridiculous penetetration?  Good.  They are high powered weapons so are the only weapons that ought to wallbang.  But ARs and SMGs can as well so you can't highlight LMGs for this.

Decent hipfire?  Err you mean the largest hipfire spread second to SRs you mean?  If you die to someone hipfiring an LMG then you were too close.

The clip size isn't all that since extended clip doesn't offer to the same bonus as previous titles.

The disadvantage that most of the LMGs suffer is damage drop off at range, which is supposed to be their strong point.  For example, the MP7 and the QBB LSW have the same fire rate but at considerable distance it takes one more bullet from the MP7 to kill compared to the QBB LSW.  Someone at 3arc should be told they are not a fat kid's AR.

• 62. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    SitRepPro

Err0r_6_ wrote:

just funny, because its cool if they head glitch, but TF are nooby? hmmm

Headglitching is basically taking advantage of map designs that gives you an unfair advantage in engagements so I'd put that as worse than someone who uses a TF.  I only use the TF for long range engagements myself as I'd rather stock up on perks and the iron sights are all decent for me.

• 63. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    codchamp

LOL @ OP. I think the TF on my LMG is just fine. I get beat many times a night by Q/S snipers, Long hold breath snipers keeping a eye on one spot, run and gung smg's and shotty's etc. So if i choose to take up a position and mow down people with endless bullets with my target finder, then it is just another style of game play.

• 64. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    JBurn244

ChronoZombie wrote:

JBurn244 wrote:

Err0r_6_ wrote:

its not an aim bot, sometimes its an wall hack, but it doesnt aim for you, and lmg besides when its shooting is disadvataged everywhere else,

ie

cant compete with smgs shot gunners and AR at close range

slow reload times

slow ADS time even after patch

slow movement

the gun still has recoil as well to deal with

TF helps deal with the head glitchers

LMGs with Target Finders are not disadvantaged in anyway due to the nature in which the combination is used.

IE:

-Doesn't have to compete with SMGs/Shotguns/ARs at close range because those encounters are avoided almost completely.

-Reload time is a non-factor when you're sitting back in your spawn, away from the action

-Slow ADS time (even after patch) a non-factor when you're sitting back in your spawn, away from the action

-Put on Lightweight to mitigate this, but is still a non-factor when you're sitting back in your spawn, away from the action

.........notice a trend?

And, no, LMGs have little recoil, especially compared to LMGs from previous titles. But to be fair, other guns have no recoil as well.

So the TF deals with headglitchers....by....headglitching in the back of your spawn waiting for someone run by. Hmm.

I don't think I've ever been killed by a TF user who was actually moving.

This is hilarious, because it looks like you are saying that using an LMG and staying at long range is unfair.  I'm sorry, I'll run and gun with the slowest running, slowest aiming gun class in the game and be sure to get right up in front of you so you can hose me with the Scorpion.

Newsflash- different guns need to be used in a different manner.  I use shotguns and SMGs up close, I use snipers and LMGs from a distance.  I'm sure as hell not going to apologize for not standing where you can kill me, I'm not here to make this easy for you.  They key to LMG success is keeping the SMG sprayers at a distance- that isn't an exploit, that's common sense.

Not disagreeing. Do that with any other attachments and you'll hear little beef from me. But the target finder needs some recoil. The 'reduced periphrial vision' is not a penalty because you don't need periphrial vision hunkered down in a window or behind cover. I don't feel some added recoil for having red diamonds around enemies that you can see across the map is a lot to ask.

• 65. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

so your saying there needs to be an added down side to what the attachment is ment to do?.. does any other perk get an added down side?

what added down side does an emp grenade get? or red dot sight, or MMS?.. why the Target finder?

the fact is if i see you, i see you regardless of the red diamond.. you basically want to to nerf the attachemnt,so its not even useful anymore.. to the point where there is no point of using it.. if you hate the the red diamond, then use cold blood, its that simple, but you prob dont want to sacrifice toughness to do it...  just like anyone who has a problem with the TF,

the only thing i will agree with about the TF is that the little wall hack glitch in it, that needs to be fixed, thats it

• 66. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

I like it on LMGs.

• 67. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

Go pick the Silencer and look at its effect on the gun. See the red bars, indicating that range and damage are decreased in exchange for 'silence'? That's to keep the attachment balanced.

Now look at the Target Finder. It identifies players at any distance, it increases range for no reason (which increases damage where it would have dropped off), and it increases accuracy by 3 points, again for no reason! So not only does it show you where people are, it helps the bullets hit them for you as well! Why would anyone NOT use it? That's why it's ridiculous; there needs to be a tradeoff. IMO if it's going to help them see me, then it should at least decrease the damage they do, if not add some recoil as well.

• 68. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

It does cut off a great deal of peripheral vision.

• 69. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    JBurn244

Err0r_6_ wrote:

so your saying there needs to be an added down side to what the attachment is ment to do?.. does any other perk get an added down side?

what added down side does an emp grenade get? or red dot sight, or MMS?.. why the Target finder?

There are infact 'drawbacks' to some attachments. Not 'negatives' neccessarily. EMP grenade? Yeah, it wipes out the HUD, but it doesn't slow/disorient your enemies like flashes/concussions do. As mentioned, silencers keep you off the mini map in exchange for reduced range.

My whole thing is the intended 'drawback' to the target finder is not one at all, given the nature of the attachment and the LMGs people typically use it on. The combination promotes stationary, safe tatics, where the 'reduced periphrial vision' is not a drawback. You don't see people run around with the target finder (very often), if they did, then yeah reduced vision would be enough of a penalty for red boxes.

If you can sit back and pick people off across the map there should be a little recoil. That's all I ask. You want red boxes highlight targets at any distance? You get a little extra recoil. I'm not even fussed about the whole Cold Blooded thing, the attachement still lights up and buzzes.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next