36 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2013 1:34 PM by STEELERPRIDE7 RSS

Killfarmers vs. Tag Collectors in Kill Confirmed

STEELERPRIDE7

Which person do you think is more skilled or helpful in Core Kill Confirmed?

The Killfarmer - Someone that goes 37 kills 16 deaths 16 confirms 0 denies?

Tags/Kill ratio =  .43

The Tag Collector - Someone that goes 20 kills 23 deaths 19 confirms 8 denies?

Tags/Kill ratio = 1.35

The farmer sits back racking up larger score streaks that help out his team while putting himself at lower risk by using strategic areas of the map.  He doesn't push the game objective of grabbing tags, but plays the overall objective of winning.

The collector is typically more involved in CQC allowing him to snag tags after the kill and plays the two main objectives while running lower end score streaks, but dies more often giving the enemy more opportunities to get tags.

How do you play Core Kill Confirmed?  What's your overall Tags Collected to Kill ratio?

• Re: Killfarmers vs. Tag Collectors in Kill Confirmed
    BukLau101

I'm probably the 'killfarmer' dying alot doesn't help your team no matter which gamemode you play as you said the 'collector' dies more often giving the enemy more opportunities to get tags. I'm not going to run out blindly to get tags, I'll make sure the area is clear and then pick up tags

For me this all depends on the gun i'm using.  If i'm sniping, i'm farming.  An SMG i'm more likely collecting tags.  And if i'm on hijacked i'm crying due to getting spawn camped lol

monkeylord

STEELERPRIDE7 wrote:

The Killfarmer - Someone that goes 37 kills 16 deaths 16 confirms 0 denies?  Tags/Kill ratio =  .43

The Tag Collector - Someone that goes 20 kills 23 deaths 19 confirms 8 denies? Tags/Kill ratio = 1.35

It's a tad odd how people ask this question and without fail always paint the tag collector as going negative. ~sigh~ well to answear the question as phrased the tag rusher still cancelled out their deaths and walked away with 4 tags,whereas the killwhore cancelled out their deaths but had 0 tags left over.

STEELERPRIDE7 wrote:

The collector is typically more involved in CQC allowing him to snag tags after the kill and plays the two main objectives while running lower end score streaks, but dies more often giving the enemy more opportunities to get tags.

How do you play Core Kill Confirmed?  What's your overall Tags Collected to Kill ratio?

I'm a tagrusher and have 28681 kills and 29727 tags with what appears to be an eerie +KD, simply put a tag rusher has more chance to clean up any mistakes they make and excercise better map controll, while killwhores anchor friendly spawns in p~ss poor places, drop tags which stands no chance of being picked up by a friendly, screw with enemy spawns, let their team mates get pummeld.

I've played a lot of KC and finished top 50 on MW3 and IMHO the best way to play KC is through competent aggressive tag collection.

Disclaimer: Note before I get jumped on I didn't say rush 24/7 just like i've always said adaption is the most important technique you can have in your arsenal to win at KC you need to both controll and collect tags.

STEELERPRIDE7

How many denies do you have?  You are one of the select few that have more kills confirmed than kills. In MW3, it was easier to collect tags because of the large amount of farmers.  In general, everyone is more aggressive collecting tags in BO2 making it more difficult to have a positive KC/K ratio.  Impressive! 

That was the idea behind making them scorestreaks. Reward the people who play the objective faster and better than those who are selfish pricks.

It's still amazing how many people ignore tags.

monkeylord

STEELERPRIDE7 wrote:

How many denies do you have?  You are one of the select few that have more kills confirmed than kills. In MW3, it was easier to collect tags because of the large amount of farmers.  In general, everyone is more aggressive collecting tags in BO2 making it more difficult to have a positive KC/K ratio.  Impressive! 

I have 6364 denies , I actually find it easier nabbing tags in BLOPs2 because in MW3 2 killwhores could screw with the spawns way more plus with how fast a reaper could be earned tags would be popping in and out of existence way to fast plus every missile would obscure a rushers view with a plume of smoke.

Whereas BLOPs2 it's easier to plot an effective route because most of your team is in motion and it takes a tad longer for kill whores to get their high streaks and pollute the flow. Killwhores just do half the job and rely on the collectors to finnish it.

Neither.

I pretty regularly go 20-30 kills, 10-15 deaths, 20-30 confirms and 5-10 denies.

I generally have a decent kill death ratio and I collect 70% or more of the tags from kills and I deny as often as I'm close enough (usually denying my own death if I'm respawned close enough).

I don't try to steal other people's tags but if they get a long range kill and I'm right there I will get it just like I'd hope they'd get mine. I've watched so many people kill someone and then run the opposite direction too. And no one seems to really like the red tags but getting them screws the other team and I've gotten stealth chopper because of them so often.

I play to win. Jerks who killfarm are worse to me than those who basically break even. They neither helped or hindered the team but killfarmers are the reason we likely lose, simply because if no one is able to collect those tags (which often happens because it's on the other side of the map), then it's pointless. And generally when someone goes 37-8 with 4 confirms it means alot of those tags were denied and points lost.

iEXTERMINATED

if i got 85 kills and 40 tags collected wat is my ratio

xtraflossy

When I'm partied up (which is most of the time at least with one or 2 people) I just can't compete with my team on cqc kills.  I've switched to the AR's because my strategy is to basically be where my team is not lol.

I'll go 1.50 -3 kdr- but sometimes my tag collection is laughable.  Whats even more laughable is on the occassions I'll get a kill within close range and run for the tag and just about get it before one of their "shinny ocd" kicks in and they snatch it.

"The ONE tag I could get.. really!?  The ONE TAG!" lol.

I at least collect as many tags as deaths and somehow have resorted to going after the denies seeing as my team sometimes ignores them.

End of typical match on lower end:  15 kills , 7 deaths, 7 collects and 5 denies

(This can vary greatly, but when I roll 6 deep in a game sometimes I have the hardest time just finding the enemy)

rlbl

Tag collectors every day of the week

A team of killfarmers = loss

A team of tag collectors = win (esp. vs a team of killfarmers)

Obviously, a balanced mix of both = win 100% of the time (as well as someone who is good at collecting tags and staying alive)

If someone dies a lot, but has a good team of tag collectors, yes they are contributing to the other teams scorstreaks, however the tag collectors are denying a fair share, keeping the win at reach.

I am not a great player, but I often am at the top of the scoreboard because I collect all tags.  If I am playing with my clan (who are also good at collecting tags, and a couple are very good at killing and collecting) we often win (while sometimes going very negative in KD)

* This post is assumning that winning is the most important thing, which is obviously not the goal in some people's eyes

edit: my friend was in a game and he was doing very well. He was 40+ and 6 and confirmed 28. The next person on his team (a killfarmer) confirmed 7.  They were losing; he backed out. Enough said

STEELERPRIDE7

Yeah, those stats from the Tag Collector were mine and the other was from a guy on the losing team.  I was second on my team and he was second on his team.  Final score was 100-90.

I am not a great player either, but I'm a solid contributor because I collect tags.  I go solo most of the time and most of my kills are short to mid range, so chasing them down isn't a problem.  It gets frustrating watching people run around tags or asking everyone in the lobby to avoid tags, so they can farm out some more kills for THEIR stats.  In these situations, if they aren't my friends, it's toggle mute and collect them tags!! 

The killfarmers think they are carrying the team and going all beast leaving all these long range tags for their teammates to get.  But, as often happens in random lobbies, there is no effective communication or coordination between teammates.  So, the farmer is racking up kills regardless of where his teammates are.  He couldn't care less other than the +25 he may or may not get when a tag collector scoops up his tags. It's just get them kills.  Great if you're in the right place at the right time, but if you're not, the farmer is feeding the other team denies.

Before a game starts, I check the lobby leaderboard and the tag collectors seem to be outnumbered by the farmers by a 2:1 ratio.  But, overall the score streak changes have been a step in the right direction for KC.  That's evidenced by the "I want KC and TDM to give us more points for kills" thread that pops up every 6 hours. LOL!

@ladylucina - change "the guy" and "he" to "the chick" and "she" where appropriate

ladylucina

if i'm playing then its to win. i want those tags lol. any gamemode i play i want the win and play the objective everytime. if i go negative in K/D but positive in tag collecting and we win, then thats me happy

Highwayman0226

Both have a place.  If you are using a LMG and holding down a choke point, you probably aren't making it across the map to get those 3-4 tags.  On the other hand, if you hadn't caught those 4 guys trying to get through and mowed them down, those tags wouldn't even be there for the rushers to grab. 

If I see 2 or more tags floating, I'm running for them.  Even if I die, that's a 2:1 exchange.

msharpblue4d

It's hard to tell by the stats you provided wether someone was just after kills or not. Getting a scorestreak that is killing enemies so far away that you can't reach to collect, will drop your confirm total but falsly inflate a team mates.

Your tags to kill ratio is not a good ratio to judge by. Look at overall contribution to the team.

Take away your denies from your deaths and you basically went 20-15 with 19 confirms

The other guy went 37-16 with 16 confirms

It's unlikely that your team confimed the one kill you got but weren't able to confirm.

The other guy had 21 tags handing out there that his teammates could have collected. How many could have been picked up? Of those pickups how many led to additional team scorestreaks that wouldn't have been up if it wasn't for those "free" tags?

Both play types have their advantages, but a team full of kill farmers is lame, and so is a kill for death rush fest.

Definietly the kill farmer.

Some people think that risking your life is the way to go when playing kill confirmed but really by doing that you're basically giving them an easy tag. Which adds up as the more persistent they are.

Noordeep1232

The fact in KC when you have a kill farm game you can't get half your tags. If I got 60 kills and managed to get 40 confirms I would be stoked because I'm running vsat dogs and swarm, i'll be like 12-1 with 12 confirms when I get em, but at the point I call them in they just team kills them and with my team rushing to get tags and it constantly switching sides, i've had to many times where right before I was about to collect 4 tags my swarms and dogs team kill then and I get none of the tags, but I get 4 kills added to my count and I'll be going 30-1 with only 16 tags, I can't do crap about my selfish teammates/bad luck

InstantOG

I play as the Tag Collector with Scorestreaks as the farmer. I run and gun collect tags, lay down VSATs/Choppers or any high killstreaks. This way I usually find myself having more confirms than the bottom half of my team has kills.

BadAzzOutlaw

if you have a solid team, then both are important.. to me, it seems the team that best "controls" the spawning in Kill Confirmed, is the team that is going to win. If you are constantly being "spawn killed" and have no clue where the enemy is coming from, you're screwed.

But.. if you have a couple guys "camping" an area, "controlling" the spawns, then it helps the "tag collectors" to get better numbers as well.. It makes it so much easier for the tag collectors to KNOW whereabouts the enemy will be coming from..

people can complain about camping all they want, its part of the game.. and when you have a solid team that can do BOTH, then you'll be very hard to beat.

TRU11

since the game mode is kill confirmed then the better player is the tagg colector.

the other fellow is probaly just pitching a tent somewhere and thinks he is awesome because he has a high K/D but still havent noticed he is not playing TDM.