34 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2013 7:49 PM by acm2010 RSS

4 things to make this game great again.

Get rid of the quick scoping. It's ridiculous, has no place in the game, and is just exploiting a bug in the game by using the aim assist feature on the x-box. I'm sorry but popping off a headshot across the map by quickscoping someone is not only silly, it's cheating/bug abuse as far as I'm concerned. Don't even try and tell me it's skill. Anyone who plays a lof of FPS's will tell you you are ridiculous.

Give players the ability to vote someone off the team. If 1 player brings it up, and 4 agree, boot the clown who is causing problems by not playing the game type, screwing around, helping his buddy boost, ect. It will go a long way toward modifying some of the behavior in game if people keep getting kicked for being a pain in the arse.

Get rid of the lag compensation. It's stupid to always give host to the guy with the worst connection and lag those with a good one to make up for him. It leads to folks lagging themselves on purpose just to get host, and is abused terribly. Speaking of which, this leads into my last suggestion:

Create some type of counter that keeps track of the number of times a person with host either leaves, or dashboards their game. Once they reach a certain number, ban them from getting host for a number of weeks/months. I'm getting real tired of changing hosts 5 times a game or having the game go back to the ready room because someone decided to dashboard when they were losing. It gets old fast and it's not like we would run out of hosts.

My 2 cents for the day

Stryker out

• Re: 4 things to make this game great again.

1. you mad bro? will never be gone.. if you dont like it play BF3

2. ehhh... maybe but i can see it being used more for bad/trolling that for good.

3. FAIL.

4. wont happen. This game has host-disadvantage... untill they can fix that the host is going to continually leave

Not mad at all, and thats a terribly asinine statement to begin with but I'll consider the source. Just tired of people without the integrity to play a online game without resorting to cheating. Fact, X-Box defines cheating as "Using known or unknown exploits to influence the outcome of a game". It's a exploit plain and simple. Don't like it? Go play Peggle.

I don't see it being used for anything other than behavior modification. Don't want to be booted? Then don't be a pain in the arse.

Why fail? Don't make a silly one word statement without being able to support it logically.

Sure it can happen. Once again behavior modification. Granted, it would work better if someone could show up at their door and kick their grill in, but unfortunately the logistics of that won't work so more peaceful ways of modifying behavior have to be implemented. If they do it consistently, then the game stops giving them host for a few months.

Rednecksniper39

You CAN NOT remove lag comp. Every single online game has it. If it was removed then the game would be 100x worse.

Ill give you the short version.. you can look in past threads for more details.  QS is not an exploit (if it were it would have been removed multiple games ago). If you are getting completely at utterly smacked by QSers then you are just BAD. an automatic gun should beat a QSer 80% of the time.

PS did you really repeat me and use the game peggle? whatever that is.... because i like QS and its not cheating so i will continue to do it. hopefully in a game against you some time!!

You must be ingnorant because to be able to kick someone from a game would definetly be abused by the immature community that is now CoD.

What Redneck said. the fact that dont konw that removing lag comp completely would make this game unplayable is beyond me. but its in everygame... the coding in this game just SUCKS

The matchmaking is already so broken as it is... and everyone hates hosting becuase its a HUGE disadvantage that everyone would try and get banned from hosting.. then there would be no good hosts and every game would be even worse than it is now.

I think that coming up with ideas is much better than just ******** and complaining about the games state as is.... but before you thought out asinine ideas you should really think them through

parnezzi

BF3 has QSing btw, and snipers bullets will actually shoot straight more reliably, but snipers are only 1 shot headshots like they should be in this game.

It's hilarious how people still believe in the myth called "host-disadvantage". Such a thing does NOT exist. The Host is always at an advantage no matter what. There is not one single proof that host-disatvantage ever happened in this game!!!

Restore_Hardcore

I feel sorry for those who can't play this game. I bet those who cry and complain can't even tie their shoes. Kill or be killed, don't matter how.

LargeLentils

I like the game a lot.  With that said, you are right about the constant host migration! It is bogus to have it happen multiple times in a single match!!

The quick scoping will not be gone because so many people got mad they took it out for black ops1.  You can overcome it. 

They need to replicate MW2 connection setting IMO, that game still to this day runs smooth for me. The noob tubers abusing danger close and one man army pro is what ruined that game. Heck the graphics are even better IMO than bo1,2.

LargeLentils wrote:

They need to replicate MW2 connection setting IMO, that game still to this day runs smooth for me. The noob tubers abusing danger close and one man army pro is what ruined that game. Heck the graphics are even better IMO than bo1,2.

The thing about that is its true to a point. THe connection setting in MW2 do not vary much from the setting in BO2. However, there is a huge difference between the 2 games and each inbetween which is causing this problem (in my opinion and countless others) MW2 was the last game to not have theater mode. when that was put into the game, the major major connection issue began. NOt only theather but now elite, livestream, and even Facebook??? I mean really? get rid of that stuff (even tho i use theater all the time) and the game would run much smoother for everyone. perfect? no but much better

pfcsmooth

Dude, I have 53 days played on that game and I still want to go back and play it sometimes. Great maps and an outight fun game. You can toob, shield, snipe, run n gun everything works.

r8edtripx

l0lStrykerl0l wrote:

Get rid of the quick scoping. It's ridiculous, has no place in the game, and is just exploiting a bug in the game by using the aim assist feature on the x-box. I'm sorry but popping off a headshot across the map by quickscoping someone is not only silly, it's cheating/bug abuse as far as I'm concerned. Don't even try and tell me it's skill. Anyone who plays a lof of FPS's will tell you you are ridiculous.

Get rid of the lag compensation. It's stupid to always give host to the guy with the worst connection and lag those with a good one to make up for him. It leads to folks lagging themselves on purpose just to get host, and is abused terribly. Speaking of which, this leads into my last suggestion:

Create some type of counter that keeps track of the number of times a person with host either leaves, or dashboards their game. Once they reach a certain number, ban them from getting host for a number of weeks/months. I'm getting real tired of changing hosts 5 times a game or having the game go back to the ready room because someone decided to dashboard when they were losing. It gets old fast and it's not like we would run out of hosts.

I'd much rather get killed by a quickscoper than a hardscoper. I've tried quickscoping in Custom Games for a few hours and it's DEFINITELY not easy. It does take skill. I still wouldn't play online, because I know for a fact I'd go negative. I really don't know why you think it doesn't take skill. If it didn't, then everyone would just be OHK everyone all the time; it would be insane.

You said, "It leads to folks lagging themselves on purpose just to get host, and is abused terribly." - No, people mess with their router setting so they WON'T get host. The host has a DISADVANTAGE.

The reason you have so many hosts leaving is because, again, the host is at a DISADVANTAGE. If the host had the advantage, chances are they'd be doing well and they wouldn't dashboard. Make sense?

Restore_Hardcore

I don't care how I die, what they kill me with, or who kills me, I get revenge. I don't come on here saying a certain style is cheating or a  weapon is OP. Pathetic.

Good for you, now supply something actually insightful to the conversation or stick a sock in it. Calling QS'ing a "style", is a freaking joke. It's not a style, it's a exploit, and a cheat.

rustygun

Im beginning to see what people are talking about now...ive been off sick for just one day and played this game constantly...Im now aware of lag comp. Its terrible, get rid of it or atleast give us back the type that made cod 4 so good. I just dont feel connected to the game, there always feels like a delay!

quickscoping totally agree, completely exploited bul###it! The only time theyll change it is if everyone starts doin it and then everyones on same level so people get bored nd lose interest in the game.

"Get rid of the quick scoping. It's ridiculous, has no place in the game, and is just exploiting a bug in the game by using the aim assist feature on the x-box. I'm sorry but popping off a headshot across the map by quickscoping someone is not only silly, it's cheating/bug abuse as far as I'm concerned. Don't even try and tell me it's skill. Anyone who plays a lof of FPS's will tell you you are ridiculous."

You can aim with your crosshairs... The 4 dots in the middle of your screen. Not many people can actually run "unlegit" code on the XBOX 360 currently, yet apparently there are so many cheaters. Amazing.

Seriously though, it's easy to kill them. I am a quickscoper and can outgun a quickscoper. They have routes, you have secondary grenades and a gun that actually has RPM that can be a blip on the radar. Use it.

Also, watch who you report, you can get in trouble yourself. Quickscoping has NEVER been considered cheating (as far as I know) on any game. CoD certainly isn't the founder of it, there are many, many games that have it. Therefore, you are filing false reports (which states, before you send, make sure they are cheating!).

--

"Give players the ability to vote someone off the team. If 1 player brings it up, and 4 agree, boot the clown who is causing problems by not playing the game type, screwing around, helping his buddy boost, ect. It will go a long way toward modifying some of the behavior in game if people keep getting kicked for being a pain in the arse."

Have you thought this through? Story f***ing time.

When I played games 24/7, I played Conker for the XBOX 1. Was ranked ~2,000 something. A month or two before I quit games for a while, I couldn't play that game. At all. I would always get kicked because of voting.

Now, Conker had a more mature base than CoD. Imagine giving that power to these people. Someone who's having a good match for one, gets kicked. This should not happen, in my opinion.

--

"Get rid of the lag compensation. It's stupid to always give host to the guy with the worst connection and lag those with a good one to make up for him. It leads to folks lagging themselves on purpose just to get host, and is abused terribly. Speaking of which, this leads into my last suggestion:"

Lag compensation gives everybody a better chance. If it wasn't implemented, everybody would be jumping off the walls randomly and you would be saying you wanted lag compensation.

--

"Create some type of counter that keeps track of the number of times a person with host either leaves, or dashboards their game. Once they reach a certain number, ban them from getting host for a number of weeks/months. I'm getting real tired of changing hosts 5 times a game or having the game go back to the ready room because someone decided to dashboard when they were losing. It gets old fast and it's not like we would run out of hosts."

This would be damn near impossible to do. UNLESS, Microsoft implements a method to check if the player used the "OS Menu" to leave. But even then, just turn the XBOX off. Then there's a bypass.

There is very little workaround because there are many different ways to become disconnected.. And so many reasons.

Message was edited by: typecastfloat

Once again a whole bunch of BS without any actual answers. You like glitching, so anything that takes it away must be bad. Here's new one for you sparky, try playng the game the way it was intended to be played. QS'ing is a cheat plain and simple. They didnt code it in to the game. It's a result of having your X-Box's auto aim function/auto center enabled. Without it, you can't do it unless you get lucky. It's a exploit and a cheat by Microsofts definition of cheating. Every single time I see someone doing it, I report them, and give them a bad review. It needs to be fixed period.

Having 4 people of a 6 person team vote someone off will not lead to trolling, ect ect. It will lead to players modifying their behavior a bit. Unless of course they enjoy being kicked from every game. Fact is, if you don't like the idea odds are you are one of those annoying people who make this game such a pain for everyone else. Be it by not playing the game type, screwing around to make your team lose, helping your buddy to boost, the list goes on. This game needs some serious policing. Allowing a simple majority of players on a team to boot someone would go a long way toward that.

Finally, keeping track of people who keep dropping and banning them from hosting would be great. Most of us are real tired of every game going back to the ready room, or migrating hosts every time someone starts to get beat and rages their machine off.

As for the idiot below that felt the need to type the word "adapt" 4 times, maybe you need to adapt to a game that is for everyone and not just the lowest common denominator in the gaming world. Barring that, unless you have something intelligent to add, try not replying at all.

Adapt? Really? Why should I adapt to people who don't want to play by either the spirit, or the letter of the rules? How about they adapt by the institution of some badly needed fixes, and modify their behavior? If they are unable or unwilling to show integrity in something so small as this, what does that say for their prospects later in life?

As far as "unlegit code" goes, I have actual video of the game where they were running "unlegit code". Our entire team had a invisible trophy system following us around. No matter where we were in the game, it destroyed anything we tried to throw, or any missle we tried to shoot including tube launched stuff. Tell me how to get it from my X-Box to here and I'll post it.

nicedrewishfela

1)Adapt

2)Adapt

3)Adapt

4)Adapt.

Fixed!

SeraphOne

I think simply tweaking their lagcomp formula to how any of the previous cods are currently playing would resolve a lot of issues, eg we'd have less host migrations because players won't feel disadvantaged by their connection (not as many migrations anyway)

gallp13

1-3 stupid sorry best word to use. No offense.

4 already there of soughts

1. Agree, but then snipers would be useless.

2. Agree, the best games always have this feature.

3. Dedicated servers would fix most of the lag crap.

4. Dedicated servers don't need a host.

None of this will happen. Keep dreaming and just be patient for a better game to come out in the future.