1 2 3 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 6:46 AM by Treloise RSS

The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

Ovrlord

I initially thought that by using Cold Blooded, it would do exactly what it would do and allow me to resist targeting systems such as the Target Finder. However, that was not the case because I still don't understand why it still picks up Cold Blooded users regardless. I truly don't think it's fair for the reticle to still change color when aiming at a Cold Blooded user when the perk is supposed to protect you from it in the first place. Sure the red diamond is not going to be there, but the reticle will still let the person know you're there since it's going to light up. You can't detect people with this perk with sights like the Dual Band and MMS, so I don't think the TF should detect them either.

This is just my thoughts on the attachment. What are your thoughts about it?

• 1. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    PerEverto13

For the reticle to change color THEY HAVE TO ALREADY BE AIMING AT YOU!! For the love of god people can we quit screaming nerf on every damn thing.

• 2. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    Ovrlord

Wow...calm down. This is just an opinion on it after I had played with it enough times, and from my experience, it still changed color when they weren't aiming at me. (Edit: You confused me with your comment since you stated the obvious and thought you were talking about the cb user to be aiming at the tf user to be able to be detected, and it's pretty much guaranteed the person with tf will already be aiming down the sight for them to pick up cold blooded users anyway.) I could be wrong, but that's what I remembered seeing before making this post. From the info I gathered, it changes color when you AIM AT A HOSTILE. Thanks for the reply though.

• 3. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.

Personally hate the TF, wish it was out of the game... but I don't use cold blooded. Instead, I carry EMP grenades. So, when that guy with the LMG/Target Finder camped in his spot sprays me down across the map, I simply go right back to him, but chuck a couple EMPs at him first. Most of these guys after getting hit with that are incredibly awful even if they see you first.

• 4. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    PerEverto13

Its not im mad. Im just honestly tired of people begging for nerfs then when they happen whining about it. I mean really go back to the Blops forums and look at the threads on ghost. Now fast forward to today and look at how many people whine about its current state.

Other then your asking for nerfs, your post was well thought out and does show a good point(one that has been brought up in previous threads) but the asking for nerfs before a discussion stuff needs to stop. It is getting to be too much. That was the point i was trying to make. Dont take it as a personal attack on you or what you think.

• 5. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    rankismet

Ovrlord wrote:

I initially thought that by using Cold Blooded, it would do exactly what it would do and allow me to resist targeting systems such as the Target Finder. However, that was not the case because I still don't understand why it still picks up Cold Blooded users regardless. I truly don't think it's fair for the reticle to still change color when aiming at a Cold Blooded user when the perk is supposed to protect you from it in the first place. Sure the red diamond is not going to be there, but the reticle will still let the person know you're there since it's going to light up. You can't detect people with this perk with sights like the Dual Band and MMS, so I don't think the TF should detect them either.

This is just my thoughts on the attachment. What are your thoughts about it?

Oh... there are other issues with it. I said when they did the MP reveal it was a neat concept but had no business in the game. It would get abused... and it is.

I abuse it.... because I will use whatever is in the game and helps me win.

You want easy mode? Hammer, TF, stock, suppresor on HC KC.

Went 64-11, 14 confirms, 3 denies. Medals: 2 merciless, 3 bloodthirsty, 5 triple , 7 double in one game.

It's silly good.

• 6. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    Ovrlord

I can understand where you're coming from. I hope I didn't give the impression of begging, whining, or anything like that. I just find that the attachment is a bit overpowered, and I didn't think of the complaints going around before I suddenly posted something concerning nerfing something. Sorry about that. The only thing that's wrong with it is being able to detect CB users. Other than that, it's fine.

• 7. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Make CB completely immune to TF. I'm fine with how TF works and it is CB that needs to get tweaked.

• 8. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    PerEverto13

Like i said though, they have to be aiming directly at you already for it to detect you. So short of a lucky sweep and crosshairs going red, they would have seen and killed you regardless of if they were using TF, red dot, ACOG. You get my point lol

• 9. Re: The Target Finder needs to be nerfed.
    jaysonsp

This nerf stuff is getting old.   Shoot a guy with a FAL he cries nerf,  shoot them with a shotgun they cry nerf, emp somebody they cry nerf,  if somebody throws a grenade at you and your wearing flack jacket they cry nerf,  use the target finder they cry nerf and on and on.....

Everybody wants the game catered to them and how they play.   How about the developers nerf everything but what I use so I can dominate every game, every time......

1 2 3 Previous Next