20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 3:48 PM by bkblazer RSS

Pistols beat alll guns every single time WTF

conman2010

this is seriously getting on my nerves now how can every single pistol be better than my sub machine gun and assault rifles. i have yet to win a battle head on with the many increasing pistol cow boys. im starting to hate this game big time and the other 20 people that have actually stuck with it on my fl are too..

Really you thought you would make the pistol king of all guns it is soo stupid i cannot even comorehend to understand why you would do such a stupid thing.

• Re: Pistols beat alll guns every single time WTF
    jaysonsp

Yeah it's annoying but it is what it is.   I know people who run only pistols on every class.   

thecool-reborn

There's nothing wrong with pistols in this game. Treyarch made the pistol class a good option instead of being "the last resort" or "Placeholder for a better weapon." If you get beat by them then you got beat by the better shot(or the better connection). It's like you suppose to win against a pistol user 70% of the time.

N00bsHateMe

really?

pistols ARE NOT op. I don't use pistols often, but I feel that I usually lose battles.

Idk about you, but I think that you are running and gunning and going face to face in a very CQC battle against a 2 shot pistol.

Pistols would usually win

thebiindsniper

The original idea of Handguns/Pistols was to be the "last resort" in case the primary fails, hence why they were named "Secondary" weapons aka inferior to the primary.  This was relevant in COD4 and World at War.

That whole concept, since MW2, was completely thrown out of the window (except in Black Ops 1).  In Black Ops 2, they can overpower most primaries with ease, especially the B23R.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RallyOrDie

Pistols are only good for close quarter combat.  The B23R is nothing like the M93 Rafica or G18.  Pistols are actually useful in this game unlike the first BO where ever pistol was beat by every other weapon in every situation.

thebiindsniper

Pistols were never meant to be powerful.  Making them more useful than a primary defeats the purpose of calling them a secondary. 

~RUGGED SAVIOR

RallyOrDie

So you are saying that a team of pistol users can beat a team of SMG users every time.

Pistols are not overpowered but are useful for what they are meant to be, close range quarters.  If the developers designed the pistols like this then it is how they intented them to be.  As far as I know it the only pistols that got nerf were the Kap40 and B23R by reducing the Headshot multiplayer to 1.0x.

If they were so "overpowered" then why haven't the others been nerfed?  Because they aren't overpowered.

openrangeonualls

Oh really. If pistols are only good for CQC. How is it that playing Turbine a guy on my team on final kill cam shot all the way from the back end of the downed plane or Turbine, all the way to the bigger building with the turret gun and killed the guy. No pistol would fire that straight that far. NONE. The guy wasnt aiming up either he aimed directly at the guy.

Pistols are a joke in this game. One shot in HC and your dead. They are the deadliest gun in the game I have run across. It is funny that a person wearing a Ballistic Vest can survive a direct impact or near direct impact from a SMAW which mind you is a lot more powerful than any pistol, and all I get is a Ballistic vest symbol. Yet a person with a secondary pistol can get one shot kills. JOKE. Even if I used a pistol I would still think they are a JOKE.

LargeLentils

the pistols are FINALLY good in CoD.

parnezzi

im guessing you never ran into FMG9 akimbos or MP9 in Mw3, pistols are finally good in black ops games not CoD

openrangeonualls

LENTILS,

The point people are trying to make is the Pistols, should not be better than any Primary. NONE. It should be there for if you run out of bullets or are in a firefight and know you dont have time to reload your primary, and you can pull your secondary real quick. It should not beat any Primary. At the very least in HC be a 2 or 3 shot kill depending on where it hits you.

I run a SMAW and sometimes I get into a gunfight run out of my clip, and know if I dont pull my SMAW provided I havent used it on a UAV. In last resort I pull it out and blow the fuckkkcer up. A pistol should be no different. Last Resort.

The OP is trying to make the point.

NoLifeKing29

Another pistol thread lol. Once you know the guy has a pistol you should have no problem killing him, unless he is the host.

Joco3000

Pistols have been strong in every CoD game (The Desert Eagle, Python, .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum and the CZ 75). The thing is, now every pistol is good (Except the Executioner), and that annoys people.

conman2010

would be nice to have to gun in the corect power brackets... i mean soon every ones will just run about with pistols ... and like ~RUGGED SAVIOR said pistols are for last chance efforts not running about killin subbies n assault rilfes its just not right

NoLifeKing29

I can use a pistol however I want thanks. Pistols are a viable weapon, get over the idea that they are a "last chance" weapon because guess what they aren't and that is not going to change. If I kill you with a pistol from a long ways away its your fault not mine. You have a gun use it don't blame the other guy. Pistol complaint threads are all the same, "its a secondary it shouldn't kill me I have an AR wah wah wah he should just lay down and die because he has a pistol and I have an AR." Yeah, NO.

nicedrewishfela

As I have said numerous times... the pistols have to be viable to make them worth a slot in this game. In past games you had to fill the slot either way, so why waste a slot on a pistol in this game if they aren't worth using?

Before you bash them, try running around with one exclusively in a few matches and then come back and tell us how you did. They aren't all that easy to use as you have to be a lot more accurate than with SMGs/ARs. They certainly can be beaten if you are aware... just like every other weapon.

bkblazer

I like the pick 10 system but still believe pistols should only be secondary. Yet there are lots of players going into battle with pistols and knives only and being successful. Yesterday I went into HC with the hope of getting the Pistoleer challenge (10 headshot medals with a pistol in a single game). I equipped the Tac-45 with reflex sight. After a couple hours I managed to get it on Highjacked. The reason I bring this up is because the other team in this game won, and their number 1 player went 55/23 with a gold Tac-45. I don't think pistols are overpowered or should be changed but I do find it very annoying when players use pistols and knives as their primary. As long as there are challenges, camo's and players are successful with pistols and knives, it will not change. Like people have stated in the past, " this game is not just for you, but for everyone".