1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 6:29 PM by darkwitness Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    SoG_Hanix_PC

Lag is in every game, but it is 10 times worse for me in this game. Why, I personally think it's the new matchmaking system. My thoughts on it are as follows, if it wasn't broke, don't fix it; well, Treyarch tried to fix it and broke it. Not everyone is running cable or fiber optic internet. Some of us are still on good ole' copper wire DSL. Cable and Fiber Optic Internet Ping faster then DSL because they're made out of higher grade material with higher conductivity, which means the current of information can flow faster. Treyarch didn't take this into account and assumed most gamers were running the higher speed cable or fiber optic and just disregarded the fact that ping means just as much as bandwidth. So, those of us with DSL get thrown into matches with people from Cuba, Puerto Rico, and the far ends of our continents and our ping goes to outrageous numbers such as 140ms. I know this because on some of the games I play, I ping with the US West Coast Servers at 140ms when my internet is unrestricted. They just need to bring back ping based matchmaking. If they did this, I am sure that everyone's gaming experience would return to normal.

• 21. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

I concur, in fairness to the game devs however its not always just the game.

With lagswitchers and guys throttling their connections, its hard to ascertain who or what is really at fault sometimes.

It is worse for me than any other game I have played online.

Worse still it is horrobly imcomsistent <making it hard to adapt>

The matchmakung is a major part of it imho. Not only does the game pull you out of starting lobbies and throw you into part finished games, it seems to put you in games with horrible connections.

It was doing this to me almost all day yesterday

• 22. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    FalconR6

For me 70% behind, 20% even, 10% ahead. Although since DMZing my Xbox the difference between behind and ahead seems to have lessened. Why do some of us suffer more from lag than others - I dont know. Maybe its because of living in area with relatively sparse gamer population (living in the Norther Rivers of NSW in AUS. Without knowing the answer I call it Lag Luck. 

I don't know if the actual (timed) lag is any worse than previous Cods, but, it sure FEELS like it. I think the reason for this is that BO2 is quick - time to kill, movement speed, smaller maps, auto aim increased, etc. With such a quick game connection/sync is more crucial to outcomes and noticeable - just using logic from what I've experienced ; wouldn't have a clue tech wise.

• 23. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    ct1486

Lol there is a big learning curve in bf3 I was getting wrecked in that game. My tip use the back button to highlight enemies and take it slow you are gonna dominate like you can on cod in my time with the game anyways. Fun game just not as easy to throw in and play a couple matches as Blops 2.

• 24. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

See 2/5 good games for me is just unacceptable. Does that mean my expectations are too high?

• 25. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

dsl is fine, it is those with wireless-not wifi, that are causing a lot of the grief, that and parties and terrible matchmaking

it is all vahn fault and he cant fix it because someone got owned in mw2 with their poor connection and the set out to compensate for lag/poor ping times

• 26. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    zingaa

FalconR6 wrote:

For me 70% behind, 20% even, 10% ahead. Although since DMZing my Xbox the difference between behind and ahead seems to have lessened. Why do some of us suffer more from lag than others - I dont know. Maybe its because of living in area with relatively sparse gamer population (living in the Norther Rivers of NSW in AUS. Without knowing the answer I call it Lag Luck. 

I don't know if the actual (timed) lag is any worse than previous Cods, but, it sure FEELS like it. I think the reason for this is that BO2 is quick - time to kill, movement speed, smaller maps, auto aim increased, etc. With such a quick game connection/sync is more crucial to outcomes and noticeable - just using logic from what I've experienced ; wouldn't have a clue tech wise.

In addition to the game itself, I'm starting to wonder if your living area makes it worse as well. But for me, I'm in Southern California so I would sure think there's a heavy gaming population

• 27. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    WAR x BORN

the only way to "fix" the lag is to not be punished aka lag compensated for having high speed cable internet. Get a seperate slow DSL line and play on that. It's much better.

• 28. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag
    Adeeez100

"If" Vahn actually said that, "not saying he did, taking your word for it", then that is arrogance at its finest.

• 29. Re: Question to all who suffer from lag

"they" have been saying it since the first black ops, i knew it was b.s and havent bought a cod since