1 13 14 15 16 17 Previous Next 160 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 7:17 PM by brad80808 Go to original post RSS
  • 150. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    NoLifeKing29

people have always spammed UAVs, they need their red dots.

• 151. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    Restore_Hardcore

Support streaks were great, I don't need OP streaks to get my kills, I use my gun.

• 152. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

there have always been people unable to earn high streaks, no matter what system you use

scorestreak system is fine

leroying objectives and dying over and over means that there is definitely a lack of skill

• 153. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    Cowboy Torry

I always run the UAV - Hunter/Killer - care package combo.

Even if your score streaks would not reset upon death or if they made a scoring system were it would be "easier" to get high killstreaks, I would run that combination.  Why ? because it is the most effective combination.

UAV: helps you and your team mates.  You also get assists for each kill made while you UAV is aloft.  Also the majority of the players DO NOT shoot down uav's.  Their ignorance is my gain.  Flip side: I shoot down EVERY uav I spot.  Free  75 points.

Hunter/killer: the easiest kill every ... to quote one of my friends: "you might as well give the player a button he pushes and a random enemy player dies"

Care package:  in the old days the killstreak you got from it, did not count towards medals/emblems.  Treyarch changed this and they count as long as you have the killstreak unlocked.  So what's easier: gamble that i get a lodestar or sit in a corner camping until i get the lodestar but lose the match?

Players who run lower killstreaks don't always do it because they can't get the high streaks.  Sometimes it pays (aka match victory) if you stick to the lower streaks.

• 154. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    thebiindsniper

PerkyNipzz wrote:

leroying objectives and dying over and over means that there is definitely a lack of skill

It's not like I'm doing it because I like to.  When I play with randoms or "Randys", they never jump out to cap a flag because of their K/D and Scorestreaks resetting upon death.  As a result, they are never there to help me when it counts.

The method I perform helps win matches, but in most cases, I feel the as though the victory was carried by my shoulders alone.  If I "feed" the enemy their streaks, they don't last--FHJ and BlindEye.

The point is, if a new system like mine were enforced in the next Call of Duty, people would be hopping on objectives more often.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 155. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    gallp13

I've always been nonplused about this issue. What point or score streaks people use is of zero interest to me.

Notwithstanding I've had a little think about you post over my Sunday morning coffee.....sigh birds singing, sun shining, the world is all clear and new......sigh ......and I must conclude I agree with the following slight twists.

1. Support streaks - cumulative points irrespective of deaths - absolutely no streaks that can kill

2. No care packages.

3. Kill streaks - deaths rest point count non stackable - absolutely no support streaks.

Bit of a IW/BH/3arc hybrid really.

• 156. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

People just don't know how to play objectives successfully.  This is the main problem I see with randoms.

• 157. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.
    gallp13

True......never have, never will, such is human nature....sigh....

• 158. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

I don't see any need to change anything. I play the objective and a lot of the time win the game for the team with 3 or 4 plants and 3 or 4 defuses. I predominently play Demolition. I kill a lot as well defending or attacking the bombs and run around 2.0KD although it's at 1.16 at the moment. Bad start to this current game. Have reset 5 times. About to prestige for the 1st time again.

If people actually realised they get 25% more points for playing around the objective, run hardline as well, higher scorestreaks are a piece of cake to get. Plant and detonate a bomb with 1 or 2 defenders killed and you're at stealth chopper. 2 or 3 more kills and you have lodestar. The combined points from lodestar and stealth chopper yields the next one up be it VTOL or swarm or dogs.

PTFO and the game becomes easy!

• 159. Re: The Scorestreak reward system is a failure.

Scorestreaks are very usefull if you know how to use them properly.  they can win you matches like sentry guns on CTF or some other stuff.