43 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 2:16 PM by theatriks RSS

Did we get lied too

TheRandyNinja

So before die rise released we had a little teaser blerb that stated we was going to be getting "Upgradeable Wonder Weponary" but that didn't happen and also "Combinable buildables " and again the only buildables are the gun and the flipper and none of the parts can be combined. The maps still good but did we really need the false advertisement shame on you Activision

link

http://www.callofduty.com/blackops2/dlc/dlc1-revolution just scroll down to die rise

• Re: Did we get lied too
    quiksandpull

I was wondering te same thing too. To this date, not counting the ray gun, there is no upgradeable wonder weaponry in die riser nor combinable buildables. Might be straight up lie

TheRandyNinja

But that would be false advertisment and would be very risky due to lawsue's they either need to change the blurb or give us what was advertised

SmallFace

TheRandyNinja wrote:

But that would be false advertisment and would be very risky due to lawsue's they either need to change the blurb or give us what was advertised

What court is going to do anything about that.

lol lawsuits, you gots to be a young 'un.

TheRandyNinja

26 with 2 children and here in the uk trading standards takes false advertisment very seriously

Stupprator

But not in America =D

SmallFace

TheRandyNinja wrote:

26 with 2 children and here in the uk trading standards takes false advertisment very seriously

Then grow up.you would get laughed at.

TheRandyNinja

laughted at for what at no point did i say i wanted a law suit maybe you should read the thread i only mentioned that the blurb was aload of tosh and that what was stated can't be done. please troll somewhere else looking through your earlier comment makes me wonder why i should even retort to somebody whos only hobbie seems to be trolling. move on please..

jefedemuchanina

Actually you meantioned a lawsuit not by yourself but just in general all i did was mention the things activision lawyers would bring up and why it would not stand it court but also what he posted about being a kid is obviouslg true for you so loosely throwing the word troll around that is possibly the most overused word on these forums this is why us call of duty players have abad rep as being immature because people like you throw fits and call people a troll thanks for keepin the stereo type alive

TheRandyNinja

lmao sure sure if you say so. maybe you should actually learn what the word troll means. posting negative comments just to get a responce wich is pretty much every comment he has made looking through post history.its a bit like what your doing ... i didnt reply to your comment but you felt the need to insult like a troll. just out of intrest how old are you .. are you even old enough to own a copy of this game ?

joaquintare

Treyarch always hide the cool stuff, so maybe is a easter egg

theatriks

Lawsuit loopholes:

Ray Gun is a wonder weapon. (One could also argue that once you upgrade some regular guns they become wonder weapons, as they come out with fictional qualities, like all standard wonder weapons have.)

The completed devices are made up of separate buildable pieces you combine into a newly built equipment.

You can't claim false advertising on things like wonder weapons that aren't officially defined.

TheRandyNinja

indeed my point is its written in such a way to imply something diffrent. we have had the ray gun since waw so why mention it now.

JamiSan

The blurb is ambiguous enough that no lawyer can touch it. IT is However, misleading.

Wonder weapon in not well defined, as well as we DO have upgrade-able wonder weapon (ray gun)

And we DO have buildables that require combining parts ( I think that is all they meant anyway)

So it may just pass the false advert. test.

But misleading for sure.

theatriks

I wish I knew.

Could be something else entirely, but if it's not then there's still no foul play in their advertisement.

jefedemuchanina

First off you asked a question did we get lied do i answered your question with facts of why it would not stand in court but like the person said before you continue to respond childishly with illogical answer just for your info im studying to take the bar exam do i think i know alittle bit more about the law than you with your oh so great google skills every one one these forum always takes things to the extreme is my point it said upgradable wondery weaponry and combining buildables not HOLY ******* **** WERe GONNA GIVE 10 NEW WONDER WEAPONS people on these forums always think dome crazy **** is gonna  come out and it never does can treyarch help that put wonder waepon and you thought it was new... no it didnt saynew wonder weapon ill do you a favor grow the **** up and act like an adult also learn to read because you clearly didnt read the maps description very well

Severance0

Imagine you go to a restaurant and you order a fresh chicken chicken sandwich! When you get the sandwhich, the chicken looks off, the bread is stale and as hard as a brick and the cheese is moldy. Now according to your logic, you shouldn't be upset! Why you ask? Well because the sandwich was fresh a week ago! So, no you can't ask for a new meal, you must eat what you are given!

Honestly, why you guys consistently defend TreyVision is beyond me. They constantly promise things that they don't deliver, yet you still lap it up, claim it as perfection and bash anyone who disagrees with you.

To sell the map they advertised NEW things, such as combinable buildables AND upgradable WW, not things that were already in previous maps. Sure you can argue symantics but the fact is that they once again promised something that wasn't implemented at ALL. It doesn't matter how much you like or dislike the map, that is false advertising. It's the same BS they pulled with NT 2025 24/7. But apparently TreyVision can do no wrong!

I guess you guys are content having the same game rehashed every year.../shrug

theatriks

Nope. Not even a little bit the same.

It would be like ordering a sandwich expecting some super-duper awesome brand new sandwich invented just for you but getting a regular, looks like the description, sandwich.

It says "In this new and original Zombies map, players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices."

Nowhere here does it say that there are any new wonder weapons to pack-a-punch. Simply powerful ones.

Your interpretation is what misleads you.

We got EXACTLY what is stated up there. Therefore we got EXACTLY what we ordered. It's not their fault you thought you could pack-a-punch your sandwich.

Severance0

Enjoy getting less than what you paid for, sad imo!

theatriks

I got exactly what I paid for.

Which is to say...exactly what I thought I'd be getting...because there's a description of what we'd get...and we got it.

Your expectations and misunderstandings is what's making you upset.

The day I need someone with unrealistically high expectations to decide for me whether or not something is worth my money is the day that I'll ask for your help. Till then, I think I'll go ahead and decide for myself what my whopping $15 should be able to buy me.

Severance0

You are assuming I am upset. All I was pointing out is they pulled this same stunt with NT 2025 24/7 and they will keep doing it. Why would a selling point of a new map be - this has the same stuff as Tranzit?

A buildable in the first map referred to the riot shield, eletric trap, turbine, jet gun. A combinable buildable... infers you can combine two or more of those together. A buildable PIECE is a PIECE of a buildable but not the entire buildable. Aka a buildable WW.

It appears that they may have intended to include these things, however they could not or chose not to...The fact remains though is that they did not follow through with the description. You can argue with me as much as you wish but it won't change those points.

theatriks

Combine new buildable devices.

In this context combine means build. You're combining the pieces into one big equipment. You're building the pieces into one big equipment.

Build new buildable devices.

Trunkstaylor

Treyarch are part of a company whose purpose like all companies is to make money. They will say what they legally can to get you to buy a product, then will move on to the next point of sale. Yes they are misleading most of the time, but they know how to play the game. The best thing you can do is forget that they exist if you havnt bought a season pass and move on. I love zombies but from the get go I've felt like they are banking on dlc for even the main content on disc to be relevant, and for me that was the last straw. I've been waiting to see if they handle things better but they have stayed their course of misinformation and broken product. So I think this will be my last cod game. I'm certain others are thinking the same as well. Hopefully before the next treyarch game things get solved or treyarch have become a independent developer.

JamiSan

I dont think he is saying he enjoys getting less. I think he is academically arguing the claim of false advertising. I believe it is a bit misleading but they NEVER LIED. I dont like that they mislead me. But that doesnt mean my brain turns off. I still can see that you mis-interpreted some of the blurb.

The part about buildables for example.  They never said that you could re-combine parts for 2 biuldables and turn it into a new 3rd buildable. They simply said that there are new buildables that you combine. Just like the old buildables that we combine.

The buildables themselves are not combined with other buildables.

You combine parts to make buildables. I think thiis is mis-understood by some.

It is however a bit misleading, as 3arch probably knew that some would think this.

Cheesegrater28

Not sure if they have lied to us, but like other people stated they have definitely mislead people. Either on purpose or because they let their own excitement get the better of them.

Tranzit was stated to be 150 times bigger than any other map. It's maybe 50 times bigger and at least 70% of it is useless space in fog.

Die Rise takes place in a series of skyscrapers. The map consists of only two buildings we can go in.

Zombies would be a "story mode" / "campaign". As guess what they gave us so far is a story mode. Just not sure how this time the story mode is different from BO1, cause its the same exact gameplay so far, except for the fact you can save Nav Cards between maps and maybe if we are lucky, these Nav Cards gift do something in later DLC.

I'd rather they not say anything and just give us maps without hyping it up so we are let down. It does make them look greedy and my opinion of Treyarch, which has been a high one, has dropped.

sportt

For all of you thinking that "we may have been lied to" because of the advertising text, how do you know you have actually found everything already, in order to make the claim that 3arc is lying? 

Are we all sure that we have done everything there is possible in this map, in order to logically make the claim that the advertisement was false?

If so, then I am in agreement with you all.  If not, then we should probably dig some more.

Severance0

Yes, people have spent countless hours going through all parts of the map. Some JTAG it, others theater mode, others explore with friends..etc. This is the same kind of **** that gets people caught up doing nothing. Remember Tranzit? THERE HAS TO BE MORE?!?!?! People are STILL looking for more things in Tranzit...It's just their way of being vague, hoping that it keeps people interested. Unfortunately some people buy into it and spend too much time overanalyzing stuff.

When companies aren't so confident in their games they tend to do this, kind of like hanging a carrot infront of a horse. If you know your game is good and will keep people entertained, why do they act so shadily? (Ex. Not giving clear answers as to whether or not the Tranzit EE was finished or using NT 24/7 and never closing as a selling point - only to remove it less than a week later) At least that's my two cents!

Cheesegrater28

I agree that I still hope there's more and I still occasionally look. But being someone who has been looking, and knowing that many others, people better then me at finding stuff, have not found anything, it looks like there is nothing. I'm still hoping, but that hope has been dwindling.

jefedemuchanina

Have you played other activision games it what they do they find a publisher that will pump out a game just for the money and dont care about quality then the series dies off... its kind of activision thing to make sure a series goes in the shitter they just need a development team that only cares about money and there set

jefedemuchanina

***developer not publisher sorry

theatriks

That's kind of the publishers job.

Quantity is wayyyy more important than quality when it comes to money if it's your sole job to make money.

That doesn't mean the developers don't care at all. These developers are people too. A lot of them care about whether or not people like what they make. And people do. A lot of them. Otherwise they would never get to the point of success where they're forced to release a game every year.

jefedemuchanina

Did you play any halo after halo 3 then its case and point bungie was forced to make the games and it sold a ton but you could tell the quality fell off and also kind of my point about activision they turn developers into money hungry people just like them selves i mean look at black ops 2 do you think they put more time in zombies or less than they did in black ops 1 did you ever play tony hawk it started off great activision hot monry hungry and scaled the game down but still made them same profits just like black ops 2

theatriks

Halo has nothing to do with Activision.

It is possible -and understandable even- that you just don't like the new zombies maps as much as the past ones and therefore see them as inferior and half as*ed. I feel like they put way more time into Tranzit than they did with Kino(Five, technically?) and Nacht, the first maps for their respective games.

I am beginning to have that opinion of the current Infinity Ward staff though. Times are changing, developers are becoming more involved with the public. IW however receded into almost complete silence with the loss of their 402. I don't know the name of a single developer at IW. I know the names of like 5 at Treyarch. They talk to us. They joke with us. They are way more aware of the community, comparatively, than IW. That makes me like them more as a group of people and I know that they do care about how much we all like their game because of it.

jefedemuchanina

So you named 3 smaller maps five i really dont even consider part of anything but kino had alot more stuff in thr map way morr detail anf was just more fun your telling me youve been happier with tranzit?? Cause you are the first person ive heard say that also nacht was the very first map so that cant even be in comparison, also im not the only one who thinks these maps are half assesd in comparison that seems to be the theme in general in game and on these forums but lets look at activision history of robbing devs souls for money, crash bandicoot, spyro, tony hawk, guitar hero, james bond have all died under activisions watch not a good track history when 6 out of 8 you publish go under

theatriks

I was comparing them all as the first maps on the disk. Therefore the maps that have had the most possible time put into them. No other maps have the same amount of time to be worked on. And as far as first maps go, Tranzit has had the most put into it. The most effort and the most content doesn't make it the most fun though. I had fun on the previous maps because my friends and I didn't have jobs and could play together all the time.

All of those games did fantastically then died out. That's just what happens. No franchise lives forever. With the exception of 007 and GH the rest of the games were fun for a long time. A lot longer than the games that were released at the same time as them. Activision just decides to squeeze out the most money possible before the death, rather than just leaving it at our greatest memories and losing money.

jefedemuchanina

Oh i forgot to put prototype in there as well

Severance0

"Otherwise they would never get to the point of success where they're forced to release a game every year."

LOLOLOL - are you serious? Cranking out the same game year after year shows care? No that shows they want to make MONEY. If they cared they would listen to the community and take their time implementing something GREAT not just good or the same old.

They promised a whole lot new with BLOPS 2 and while it still is fun it's not nearly as revolutionary as they promised. There is no new huge open world environment or epic zombie story that's any different from the last game (not yet at least). While Tranzit itself is a big map most of it is unplayable...running through the fog is boring and monotonous and so you are only left with a few smaller areas to fool around with.

Hell, even the graphics are outdated, yes they are an improvement over the previous installments but they are still using the same old engine. Look at games that have come out years ago and have much more in them yet they still manage to improve the graphics greatly! Little things like that tend to show how much a company cares. Those that do care will go the extra mile to make their customers happy. Take Skyrim for example, there is so much to do in it and yet the graphics are still pretty damn amazing.

theatriks

Bethesda decides their own release date because they are their own publisher. They have a development cycle of like 6 years for an Elder Scrolls game.

Activision decides the release of the CoD franchise though, not the people making them, so two years is all they get to care for it.

They don't have the time to do anything truly personal or awesome. They have deadlines to make. They do what they can to improve in the short time they are allowed.