24 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 9:31 AM by nintendon't RSS

Upset over my setup?

So I've turned into a camper with silenced Mk 48, of cause with target finder. As backup KAP40 ex.mag. Flak Jacket, Toghness, TAC Mask, Claymore and a shock charge. Last five games with that gave me 3.0-1.89-2.33.4.0-3.29, and that after a morning where I went NEGATIVE some games this morning trying to play the game normal.

As Wiimote user this is what the game turned me into. I will be Prestige Master before they have made it possible to compete with DA AA and I refuse to get raped over and over in situations I would have won in ANY of the previous titles.

Am I proud over my new setup? Really not!

Have I fun? Not much but hate to lose even more.

Will I continue with this easy mode? Probably not, I just need to win some and rage out.

Btw, thank you Trearch how you handle your very loyal Nintendo fans

• Re: Upset over my setup?

Im using ARs more and more and found myself using TF the other night. I was ashamed of myself, but my scores improved drastically

M4GNUM

I can't stand people who use loadouts like that, BUT I understand why people do. So while I do grumble under my breath, I get where you're coming from. The game does promote that type of loadout.

It's been an evolution for me. I started the game with a 0.60 KDR - I was furious as I was used to 2.5+ in past games. Yes, I know any new game has a learning curve, but I didn't feel this was attributed to that. I'm not a horrible player and I learn quickly. Since launch, there have been many patches that have helped me improve (I use wiimote). I think I'm at about a 1.14 KDR now and only use ARs. Still sucks. Still not what I'm used to, but it's always improving and it's rare that I go negative now. Since it's taken so long to adjust and important patches came later than desired it will be a long, slow road to up my KDR but I don't really care. I should probably create another account to start off with a higher KDR, but as long as I'm 1.01+... I'm helping my team. I could use a loadout like the OP and crank up 2 to 3+ KDRs - but I'd rather keep grinding at getting ARs gold (5 so far!). I get one gold, then don't use it again and move on to the next. When I shut off the game, I still feel like I can't wait to play again as it is fun...but other than that - having a huge KDR or high rank on the leaderboards means nothing to me or my life outside the game. Lag continues to haunt me in 95% of matches, but I don't see that improving any time soon. BO1 was the same. For some reason, I've never had lag issues with any of the MWs.

Thats infinity ward for you -

M4GNUM

yup :/ had zero issues with wiimote too

Padiego

You can thank treyarch for that, since IW didnt make the wiimote code. @op...see, i dont get all this wiimote whining. it is not impossible to use.....i have and always will be a wiimote player. Ever since launch, my kd stayed at a constant 2.0 and after the many fixes, it is now a 2.2. I use ARs, have been doing so since launch, ocasionally i use an lmg or a shotgun, but its rare. i also rush with said ARs and dont use TF. Maybe you guys are just getting old....

M4GNUM

Has nothing to do with age - I'm in better shape than guys younger than me. It has to do with connection + wimmote issues I think. Game consistency is crazy from player to player. Some wiimoters have had zero problems. Some have had many problems. Some have connections that are perfect. Some have connections that are horrible most all the time. Makes it hard to find and resolve problems. I'm not a horrible player and have only used wiimote as well. KDR in the past was stellar. Not in this game, but I already talked about that. I prefer ARs and mid to long range battles as I like the skill and challenge involved. CQC always seems like a spray n pray fest.

like2nap03

Yeah put me in the many problems category.  I couldn't aim very well, connection was crap, got better, and went to crap again with the different hotfixes.  Now its back to good again with the last hotfix. I even quit playing for a while to wait for them to fix the wii remote.  My KDR got up to 1.43 before they fixed the wii remote.  Since then it has gone up to 1.53 and is slowly climbing just like it did in MW3.  It will take a while to make the difference but it's going up .01 every few matches just like it always did before so I guess I'm back to normal with the new controls.  And that's without aim assist. Wonder what would happen if I actually used it.  Normally I soundwhore too which you can't do in this game.  If they ever fix the footsteps I'll be that much better.

EliteKing

its the individual connections to the game.

better connects get shafted and poorer connects get to play at real time while people who have superior connects have to be slowed down for the slow connects to catch up.

lag comp at its finest in BO2.

Yep, I'm old but I have 11 golden guns from all classes except Specials. So why can I go back to everything from W@W and perform better? I did that recently with new profiles. And am almost Pretsige 10 so I guess I should have learned this game by now.

PvtBeetleBailey

I'm wondering why it is you play the game?  I mean, what's more important.  Is trying to accomplish all the challenges the priority or just blowing off some steam and having some fun?  If it's the latter, I'd suggest giving HC a try. The AA has MUCH less of an impact because you don't need to get as many hit markers  and many weapon imbalances are also leveled.  The only drawback is you don't gain as much XP, which is why I asked what's more important for you.

M4GNUM

I know this was addressed to OP, but for me I only play to get gold guns. Once I do that, there's no reason for me to play I don't think as its kind of boring and the connection issues leave me frustrated more than able to burn off steam, LOL. So I like those challenges. I also suggest Hardcore - way better gameplay in my opinion. More realistic too - 1 or 2 bullets to kill rather than spraying a whole clip at someone to kill. Pace is better as well (providing everyone isn't camping).

PvtBeetleBailey

Seemed like there were just as many campers on core the other night as there are on HC.  I like getting gold Camo too, except I always end up using Art Of War.  I've thought about going for Diamond on the ARs.  We'll see! I always play at the same time in the evenings and so i end up playing with the same guys most of the time.  It's gotten to the point where we don't care too much about who wins, so either way it's fun.  Your welcome to join us, around 9pm ET.

PikaBoo

Ahaha the one time i joined you there was no one BUT campers I fixed that problem with sniping HC is pretty fun although i don't enjoy it too much it may take less to kill someone but it also makes people too scared to run around making the game slower.

Convict7

Aren't you swedish?

Yep, can you hear that by reading? Very impressive sir. :)

And yes, HCs hit detection feels better but I've never been a HC fan. I like Domination best, and I like the small map.

Want this game to be good because it has potential to be the best COD ever. In fact it's only two main things to solve. We need to be more players so the pingtimes get lower and we need equal AA on all controllers, I would prefer a big nerf for everyone, that would take care of th Quickscoping shi! too. (I think)

PvtBeetleBailey

well, l almost exclusively play HC, but last night i wanted to try ground war (9v9).  I held my own using my HC classes except against the PDW.  It seemed like I'd get something going and then I'd run into PDW's.  PDW's here, there, and everywhere.  In the killcams it looked there were a lot of DA users with 'em too, I'm a wiimote player.  Anyways, I was finishing matches even or slightly in the negative.  In HC, I'm usually on the winning end of my battles with a decent KDR.  So I was like, what the heck, I put together a PDW class, nothing crazy since it was first time really using the gun and all of a sudden I go 2+ KDR over the next 3 matches.  And that's one of the BIG reasons I prefer HC.  I can use a wide variety of guns against wiimoters and DA users alike and still have a decent chance.  Now if only they would add all those other game options to HC too.

Convict7

Hah, I've seen you mention it over here, I'm not sure but I think I played with you few days ago, if your ID is n3r0s, I think there was something else on the name as well, there was atleast one another finnish player besides me and I think few other swedish guys, not too sure though.

King_Nero-Senior

I am new to the forums but have been reading them for awhile.  I have to throw my 2 cents in here.  I have to agree that HC is better than just the core.  You get a better quality game and from my experiance far less quick scopers.  I to am a wii mote users and not that great but i can leave an HC game with usually a 1.2-2.0 kd.  And im fairly positive i played against beetlebaily the other night.  IMO its just funner game play.

jliba12

As for me, went I started my first CoD ever as Black Ops on the xBox, I decided to go knife only because of my crappy accuracy and losing 99% of gunfights. That way, I could still get at least above a .7 kd.

Nowadays, I still use the knife on the wii u because of the crappy accuracy and shooting for the wiimote, but really precise, fluid, and smooth controls for the tomahawk/ballistic knife.

i agree I hate that Wiimote users dont get AA as of yet, and i understand that it is very difficult to play without it( I turned my AA off and i barely went positive with a vector quick handle and fast mags. BUT I will still trash talk anyone i see sitting in one spot with a lmg and a target finder who has killed me, and then i will kill you over and over again as you try to find the same, or a new camping spot lol NNID: ARTEMIS_ENTRERI