41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2013 5:33 PM by faithC RSS

New Hotfix Suuuuucks

squirrelness

Don't know about the rest of you, but this latst hotfix earlier today has rendered this game virtually unplayable for me.  Earlier today, before the update, I was experiencing the normal laggy lobby here or there, but since the update I feel like I'm a half second behind in every single lobby I'm in.  My latest game was the worst.  I would be shooting someone and getting two or three hitmarkers (keep in mind I play HC) and would be dead before the enemy even raised their gun on my screen.

I know, I know.....insert usual response here. I get it.   It's nothing new.  It's just frustrating, that's all.  It seems when they 'fix' something for me it's a barely noticable change and when they 'fix' something in the other direction it feels like a major change that adds yet another obstacle that has to be overcome for this game to be even somewhat enjoyable.  :/

Anyway, sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest.....

• Re: New Hotfix Suuuuucks

There is always a chance that since the hotfix sucks for you, it may be awesome for me. 

Now I am excited to go home from work.

jwaller123

Why does everyone always assume that hotfixes are always for lag? A hotfix could be for anything. It could be a color change on something you'll never even notice, a weapon nerf or buff...ANYTHING. Just because the version number of the game changed doesn't always mean they screwed with lag or lag comp, or whatever you want to call it.

Maybe your just getting a crappy host in game. I was playing regular dom yesterday and lagging all over the place, so I jumped into ground war (where everyone always seems to lag) and had a great connection. Since they don't always post what the hotfix was for I will always chalk it up to the good ol placebo effect.

squirrelness

Ah yes, you've got to love this community.  *sigh*

Where did I say it had to do with them adjusting lag comp?  Oh wait, I didn't.  I have no idea what they adjusted, but I do know that I have suffered horrible lag this afternoon that I wasn't experiencing earlier today.  And while it could be 'bad luck' with hosts, I've attempted to play ten different games since the update and they are all laggy in the same way....so I am either having the worst luck ever or they made an adjustment to something (be it lag comp, match making, etc) that is causing me to find more and more laggy lobbies. 

Again, I don't come on here and complain about every single hot fix.  Most don't change things enough to worry about one way or the other, but when I see noticable changes to my game play after a hot fix I think I have the right to say something about it. 

jwaller123

You know the first paragraph you had in your original post? Where it said since the hotfix the game is virtually unplayable due to being a half second behind? (Loosley translated) That to me pretty much tells me your leaning towards a fix on lag. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. So continue on with your lag thread that is hidden behind a hotfix title.

...and yes, you do have the right to say something about it, but there are numerous other threads that state the same thing. Put yours inside of one of those. I (as well as many others I would imaging) are sick of the lag threads. We ALL lag, we ALL take stupid deaths and get stupid hitmarkers. it's a game played over the internet. It will NEVER be lag free or perfect.

squirrelness

There were "numerous threads' regarding the hot fix when I posted this thread?  Really?  Funny, because I saw exactly ONE thread that dealt with the hot fix and it was regarding match making.  So while in a small, round about way, you are right (seeing as how I have pointed out match making might be the issue) I don't feel it's right to hijack someone else's thread to state my observations.

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing match with you, but if you hadn't basically attacked me in your initial post I wouldn't have said what I said.  And, for the record, again I said NOTHING about lag comp being adjusted.  Because, I too, had noticed that match making seemed to have been perhaps been tweaked. 

I don't know what they did.  You don't know what they did.  The only people who really know are Treyarch, and they aren't going to tell us.  All I know is, whatever they did, it is affecting my game play, and that is a fact.

Have a good night. 

Why come to the fourms when all you TYPE of fourm bashers do is brown nose developers.... its PATHETIC! you remind me of every 5 STAR post dummy that contributes nothing and has an excuse for everything these HORRIBLE DEVS messed up.

jwaller123

CrzyFox wrote:

Why come to the fourms when all you TYPE of fourm bashers do is brown nose developers.... its PATHETIC! you remind me of every 5 STAR post dummy that contributes nothing and has an excuse for everything these HORRIBLE DEVS messed up.

I choose to because I can accept the fact that the game is not perfect, nor will it ever be. I grew up playing games that didn't get hotfixes or patches because some whinny person thought something needed to be fixed because it didn't work how THEY thought it should. If I lag in a game I don't blame the game or the developers. I blame the fact that I obviously don't have a good connection with the host and move on to the next lobby in hopes for a better connection. Like I said in my previous post...we ALL lag, we ALL take stupid deaths. Deal with it. Treyarch and Activision will NEVER make EVERYONE happy at the same time. What is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

What most of us are talking about here is not just basic lag, I believe we all know what that is and I agree that will not always be perfect.  Most of us are here because an update was released and now we are seconds behind the action.  Game play was fine, then hot fix, then game play sucked.  I hope you can see how most of us got to the hotfix/update conclusion.  That is great that you don't have any problems but many of us cannot play right now.  Stop trolling for no reason.

jwaller123

bloodtooth87 wrote:

What most of us are talking about here is not just basic lag, I believe we all know what that is and I agree that will not always be perfect.  Most of us are here because an update was released and now we are seconds behind the action.  Game play was fine, then hot fix, then game play sucked.  I hope you can see how most of us got to the hotfix/update conclusion.  That is great that you don't have any problems but many of us cannot play right now.  Stop trolling for no reason.

I am not saying I don't have problems, I have them just like everyone else. I just don't come to the forums to whine about it. You all have the right to state your opinions, I have the right to disagree. I find it funny that the ones who disagree are trolls, fanboys, Treyarch employees, brown nosers...etc...I am none of the above. I just accept it for what it is and don't point the finger at others when things go wrong.

Well, considering the last time I was playing the game last night I was having the constant 1 red bar for everyone in the game issue that another thread in this forum has shown a lot of people were having it really can't get any worse for me... I'll try tonight and see how it is.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I don't know what they did but my XBOX is now freezing. This is the second time it happened since the update. I can't even dashboard. It's just frozen solid. I have to hold the power button on the XBOX itself to reboot.

The only other thing I noticed with the update is the much tougher skill based matchmaking. It seems like 3Arch is hellbent into turning each game a competitive game. I had several Core TDM lobbies where the SPM is no lower than 200. I have to stop my quest for a Diamond LMG and whip out my SMG and play hard or I'll get owned.

codchamp

Ohh my weekly hotfix update! I wonder which direction we shall go tonight. Lets since the last one, it could not possibly get worse? So maybe this week it is my turn to beast

jonesy252

I'm having the same problem with shooting people with almost a whole mag and still getting killed in one shot seems like.

cranium2001

I have to be honest, it worsened it for me today as well. On the other side of the coin it must be the opposite for the people killing me easily. I'm not usually one to complain about this stuff, but it is worse today.

nicedrewishfela

Played fine for me after I got the update. Not seeing any issues yet.

squirrelness

It appears to be a little better than earlier this afternoon, but there's still this sluggish feeling for me right now.  Being someone who 'runs and guns' I've certainly had to make adjustments in order to play the game since the hot fix, but at least I can still play.  *shrugs*

something has changed.  mine has been perfect for a week or so since last update but tonight I've had some weird issues including being thrown out of a lobby and or thrown into a lobby and both resulting in a black screen that locks the xbox,  not even my usual trick of hitting the eject button unlocked the box,  had to reboot.

well it's working fine for me so it must be in your head....

check your internet connection.

set the game search to best.

if all that does not work, don't worry... you just suck at the game!

that high kd you were getting before the update was all just in your head.. lolol

on a serious note, this update has been better for me, at least some people are now going through what I have had to put up with since Dec.

filthy3627

Your last statement says it all my friend. NOBODY should have to go through what most have experienced thus far. People having problems?..... Let's fix this, oh wait what? now these people are having problems etc.etc. been this way since launch and sadly I don't see everyone on even an remotely level playing field anytime soon. I honestly don't think it's anybody's fault just too many different internet providers and options out there, someone is always gonna suffer.

greencoffin72

I just don't understand how a billion dollar business can't figure out how to fix the mess a lot of people aer having.  Previous titles never had these problems.  It's not like MW3 all of a sudden spawned gamers to BO2.  They were already there.

RexxCastle

People who suck always blame it on a hot fix or lag

squirrelness

Yep, I suck.  That must be it.

I have a k/d ratio of .98, which isn't good, but that is because I play HC KC and, instead of sniping across the map or hiding in corners, I retrieve tags for my team.  I come in top 3 my fair share of the time (have the top 3 250 times badge, not that that means anything.)

My point is, while I haven't been playing online since the first MW as some have, I have been here since MW2....so I know when I am 'getting beat' and when I am getting screwed.  When I'm a good five feet around the corner, I get shot and it shows me (for that split second) 3 feet back around the other side of the corner, well, I'm getting screwed.

Something changed with the last hotfix.  As I told drew, I have 'adjusted' my game play since the last hotfix and I can play the game again, but it isn't what it was.  And, for what it's worth, since redneck made his initial post I have now had my Xbox lock up three different times playing this game.  This hadn't happened prior to yesterday's hotfix.

I know that people come on here and complain on a daily basis and the easy thing for those who DON'T (or haven't yet) had issues is to say 'oh, you must just suck' or 'well if you got reset you HAD TO HAVE cheated.  It's pretty easy to make assumptions on this board.  Most of the time you're safe in doing so, sometimes it comes off making you look like a donkey.

hairybubba1963

For what it's worth, this thing about having to do a hard reboot of your xbox has been going on for some people on the PS3 since the day Blops 2 came out.

I actually preordered Blops 2 for the PS3 and finally traded it in for an xbox copy because after 3 updates my PS3 was still freezing and had never done it before with any other game since I bought it. Checked the xbox forums to make sure the problems wasn't happening here and decided to play this one on xbox rather than hard freeze my PS3 risking permanent damage.

Now my xbox is hard freezing as well but has been doing it since the update that came with the new maps.

I sure hope that 3arch takes notice that this xbox freezing is happening and gets it fixed. I doubt I'm the only dual systems owner that feels xbox is a little more fragile. I'd really be pissed if I lose another xbox and know it was because I was too stubborn to stop playing a game. LOL

BTW, at least this last update seems to have getting kills again. My KD went from 1.45 down to 1.35 in the last month. I had a great night last night despite the 2 hard reboots.

hairybubba1963

Looks like I jinxed myself. I should have known better than to mention anything about xbox hardware failures. Right after I posted the reply before this one I went to play me some COD and what ? Yes, the damn xbox freezes before I can even launch the game now.

Can't even try clearing the cache. Oh and better news... It's 3 months out of warranty !!!

I'm so happy I could dance a jig.

Okay, I'm not saying that this hardware failure is due to the recent freezing problems in Blops 2 but I am saying it could be. The first thing I thought after my console froze for the 2nd time in Blops 2 was that this could possibly damage my xbox.

All I'm saying is be careful and if you are freezing a lot, you might consider not playing Blops until you see others on this forum say that they aren't freezing anymore.

Just saying....

RallyOrDie

LOL.  Are you kidding me?  This is a joke right?

Been working great for me tonight though. Using my portable head glitch riot shield and QS on Nuketown I have just gone 64/5!