42 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2013 9:12 AM by UncleFizer RSS

Hardcore Everything

ketricity

The core community may be larger than the hardcore community because some people enjoy emptying an entire clip into one person without having them die. Regardless, four game modes is no where near enough to satisfy the mass amount of players on Black Ops II. Even MWIII had more hardcore game modes and it was no where near as fun as Black Ops II. I and so many others would like to play hardcore domination or hardcore free for all at least. Sometimes I'll hop on the game and after three rounds, I'm incredibly bored. We would like some change. I've heard one of the reasons why there aren't more hardcore game modes is because there's no room. If that's the case, take off one of the core modes and add a hardcore one. There are ways to add more map packs which take up gigs of memory, I am sure there are ways to add game modes.

So please, why don't you just add more hardcore game modes?

• Re: Hardcore Everything
    banned-again

try searching next time this topic had been discussed to death and we dont need another post about it 

ketricity

I did, there are still no new game types so obviously it needs to be discussed more

PerEverto13

Yes it does need to be discussed more...in the already existing threads...

ketricity

(showing my n00b to forums, but I couldn't figure out how to post and didn't just want to reply to a random person)

PerEverto13

Search for a thread called "Hardcore Modes". When yiu bring it up hit reply to original post. That thread is about 80 some odd pages long, and is the ONLY thread to ever gain any interest from 3arc. Namely vahn himself. Join in with that discussion if you wish to effeciently make your oppinions heard. Starting another thread is just spamming a subject...

banned-again

no it doesnt they know how the hardcore community feels and the clearly dont care so making post after post isnt going make them change their minds.

you want hardcore dom or ffa then which 2 game modes do you want rid of tdm, ctf ? because thats all they will do

ketricity

Yes, that is a possibility, but hopefully they don't do that because that would just start more forums to annoy you

NoLifeKing29

I would get rid of CTF for DOM in a heartbeat. I would prefer HQ, but DOM will do in place of CTF.

banned-again

id rather lose tdm match for dom i love play ctf

PerEverto13

Since HCCTF has higher numbers than the core mode, i dont see that happening. Next you could try SnD but thats vahns "preffered mode" so nope that one isnt going anywhere. TDM, nah too many players. Would cause one big stink i would bet. That leaves us with HCKC, the second most played HC mode. I dont know about any one else, but i would be greatly upset if they removed it.

I want hardcore dom or hardpoint, i just dont see a way for them to do it qith the way the game sits.

NoLifeKing29

CTF is definitely on the chopping block, it has the lowest numbers, and pales in comparison to the numbers DOM would fetch.

PerEverto13

I agree but numbers wise, i dont see it happening. Core CTF sports lesser number, so if they removed it all the HC variants fans would point to that and make a huge stink. I dont think they will go through that for a game mode variant that they already feel no need to please...

NoLifeKing29

Thats fine, let them complain, the HCFFA wasn't happy when it was replaced, but bigger numbers have prevailed. HCDOM would hit 20k no problem, a number CTF has never hit in any game.

ketricity

Still, it doesnt make sense why they have to take anything out. that last map pack was close to two gigs, they should be able to do the same thing for adding other game modes

PerEverto13

Thats maps, modes dont store to your xbox like maps do. There are predetermined number of slots for HC core party games and so on. Yiu also cant take away a core playlist and make it a hardcore. Just one more of tue dubiously stupid things they did with this rendition of the game...

ketricity

Okay, that makes sense, however even the originial Black Ops had five game modes while Modern Warfare III had 6 hardcore game modes.

If previous games could do it, then a more advanced game should be able to do it as well with little difficulty.

Video game makers, when will you ever make sense?

PerEverto13

This game actually isnt any more advanced. It is the same engine with different graphics and load out options. Add some new maps and a new campaign and you have what call of duty has been doing year after year since CoD4. Also they tinker with the lag comp each rendition as well, thus why every game seems to lag differently lol

Sadly the engine this game runs on, when it comes to things like game modes, can not be altered with out completely reprogramming the lists. When the programmed it it was programmed for 4 HC modes only. Like stated above they cant alter this with out shutting down the game for who knows how long while the reprogram is being completed. They also cant change a core to a hardcore slot once again with out a total reprogram.

Its stupid i know but this is how the current engine works. Hopefully with the gen4 consoles they will build an entirely new engine and we will actually get a NEW game engine and all. Not just graphics,perks,and story line.

Restore_Hardcore

I'm with you, there should be no excuse as far as a new engine goes for the next gen consoles. Let's see how innovative Treyarch is in 2014. This game is solid, but like you said, same engine and a twist on perks. Still very fun.

PerEverto13

Well when you are starting with the same base as the gem CoD 4 was it better be atleast entertaining. The problem is that as the years go by us gamers demand more from these companies, add that to running on an engine that wasnt designed for all the add ons we currently have (FB,YT,streaming and elite) there is bound to be problems. By no means though does that mean we should accept that.

Exactly the opposite, if people want all these dumb addons, we should be demanding a product that can handle the stress. As well as a net smoothing/lag comp that actually performs as designed.

ketricity

That new Xbox is going to be expensive if they actually do improve it from the 360 instead of just adding a different look to the shell. One article I was reading said they are also planning to add Skype to it.
                                As the online community expands via game consoles, they should definitely create a more powerful system that will be able to handle what is wanted.

PerEverto13

It actually may be cheaper then any of us expect. From what ive been able to collect, it will be built with top of the line PC compnents. As opposed to the custom build circuts and boards used in the 360 which is why tue cost was so high on release.

Some of the rumored starting price points have been around 250-350$. I guess we will have to wait and see though.

ketricity

That would be a much better price range than I was definitely thinking. That does make more sense to work with technology that's more known instead of developing a totally new piece of equipment.

Whatever the case, hopefully the new equipment will satisfy hardcore and core players in all games.

If you're not interested in it - don't read it

Restore_Hardcore

HC Dom now!!!

zandelar001

NO! No hardcore everything, could you imagine hardcore hardpoint? it would be nothing bout grenades, launchers and wall banging with lmg's and time would run out with a score of 0 for both sides, lol

JimmahD

What they need to do is release two disc's. One Core one Hardcore. Or even two seperate games one H/C and the other Core.

Excal1bur

The biggest issue is SPM and thats why CTF went to nothing when KC came out for hardcore most people avg 100+ more pts per min in KC over CTF. The only reason people were playing CTF was because between TDM/FFA/S&D you have the worst 3 for leveling up guns and leveling up. Hell now with KC CTF is the lowest populated game mode right now Search and Destroy is beating it out in numbers (not by much but it still is)

Considering our (HC gamers) numbers are so few, it's amazing how many people on here complain about the lack of HC modes.  If you believe what you're told, we only acount for 5% of the COD community

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25529247.jpg

jeepchick

As your peers have stated we have multiple threads active on the forums already on this topic. Please contribute to those existing threads.

Claire JeepChick

UncleFizer

Not gonna happen.  Move on.