1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 82 Replies Latest reply: Jul 3, 2013 10:34 AM by Izjar11 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Probation & Accountability
    TheBeastlyDude

If you read the thread I posted, you would see you would be on probation for 5 minutes. You will not be able to enter those games in that 5 minutes.

• 61. Re: Probation & Accountability
    onlyzeone

3 times within a hour I would say or even longer time period. Once in though its very easy to go back into probation, I've been experimenting. No matter how much you push it though you get no longer than 5 minute. That's from being in probation more than 10, 15 times in one day. This is to by usual behaviour, I just wanted to see if there was a wall of pain after a series of probations.

• 62. Re: Probation & Accountability
    Izjar11

onlyzeone wrote:

As long as you join in or leave before you get kicked you are ok otherwise STRIKE for you sir!

Like I said, when the game throws me into a progressed game I hit O then select to check the scores ~ depending on the score board I choose to select a class and join. If what I am spectating looks like a mess or loop sided game than I simply remain spectating until the system kicks me for inactivity. I have done this many times and I have never been put on probation.

• 63. Re: Probation & Accountability

What annoys me so greatly about the probation thing is that I do none of the above.  I get sick of being chucked into the arse end of a losing match, but I grit my teeth and bear it.

i have been a victim due to an ISP fault causing a 'connection lost' fault, which leads to me having to reboot to get back in.  The issue I had meant that when I eventually got back in again, I was put on probation for 5 minutes.  This was senseless, as I had made no deliberate intention of leaving the match.

In a nutshell, if the system cannot detect the difference between a genuine disconnect, and somebody quitting out, then the benefit of the doubt has to be given.

In law, it is akin to saying "better to let 10 guilty men go free, than inprison 1 innnocent man".

I appreciate this sounds righteous, but it really did annoy me after what was a very annoying phase of broken play.

JJ

• 64. Re: Probation & Accountability
    TheBeastlyDude

Jjcodex wrote:

What annoys me so greatly about the probation thing is that I do none of the above.  I get sick of being chucked into the arse end of a losing match, but I grit my teeth and bear it.

i have been a victim due to an ISP fault causing a 'connection lost' fault, which leads to me having to reboot to get back in.  The issue I had meant that when I eventually got back in again, I was put on probation for 5 minutes.  This was senseless, as I had made no deliberate intention of leaving the match.

In a nutshell, if the system cannot detect the difference between a genuine disconnect, and somebody quitting out, then the benefit of the doubt has to be given.

In law, it is akin to saying "better to let 10 guilty men go free, than inprison 1 innnocent man".

I appreciate this sounds righteous, but it really did annoy me after what was a very annoying phase of broken play.

JJ

So because you have a subpar ISP, I should suffer from the lag from you disconnecting?

• 65. Re: Probation & Accountability

No,

Because I have a subpar ISP (and can do nothing about this, and make no intentional action to leave the game!), I should not be punished.

Don't forget that I am not in control over my ISP

for the record, as I live in the UK where the speeds are terrible, I would host on average about 1 in a 100 matches (if that!).  As a consequence, I would suggest respectfully that you are unlikely to notice that I have even gone!  Certainly some mates of mine that play with me when this has occurred have noticed no ill effects from their perspective.

JJ

• 66. Re: Probation & Accountability
    TheBeastlyDude

I know there is nothing you can do. I understand this and do not fault you for it. But you can't blame Treyarch for actually trying to make the game better by punishing those who quit because, as it has been noted on other threads, when people quit and join games mid match, it causes the whole room to lag. I saw this numerous times last night while I was playing and my clan mates experienced it too because they rage about it and scream into my poor ears.

I don't know if you are just connecting to UK servers or you are connecting to USA ones. It may help if you change your search preferences to "Best"  so that you only get UK servers, which may help you from getting disconnected, causing you to end up on probation.

• 67. Re: Probation & Accountability
    Izjar11

TheBeastlyDude wrote:

It may help if you change your search preferences to "Best"

I've actually found better game play in the "normal" search option. Best was giving me bad connections.

• 68. Re: Probation & Accountability
    TheBeastlyDude

LOL it's the opposite for me. Perhaps it's because you're the one light in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean between USA and Europe? Just kidding bud.

• 69. Re: Probation & Accountability
    ChestSplittah

I believe he has implemented this only for attention. It helps nothing and only causes more problems.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next