3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2013 4:37 AM by WC_Glorfindel RSS

Terms noobs use and my understanding of them

WC_Glorfindel

This post is just me having a little rant on a few terms and phrases i have encountered when playing against people who are either bad at the game, people who are cocky as hell or people who just cant handle losing

The list is as follows-

Red (or Reg?) Gunning:

A person who uses a weapon other then a sniper rifle in a game mode or map that will force close encounters such as domination, people get the poos when you use an assualt rifle or smg or even shotguns and you out-gun them in most if not all gun-fights becuase they made the poor choice of using a sniper rifle in tight quaters and cant grasp the concept of a secondary weapon

Hardscoping:

This is simple and we've all heard it, someone who uses the sniper rifle's high accuracy and long range scope to their advantage (Traditional sniping) by finding a long line of sight or a wide field of vison or better yet, both, i have been accused of this COUNTLESS times on maps such as Aground which is heavily sniper orientated

Camper:

This... well we all know what this means... You know that obnoxious player class that finds a choke point, and sits there all game and aims down sight, or even a room somewhere thats easily defenable and its generally hard to kill them, THAT is camping

This is a tricky one and although we all know what it means, alot of people struggle to identify it, sitting in a small are barely moving is camping, Hanging around a captured point in domination or defending a bombsite in search, is not, thats called defending, cant stress that enough...

Sniping is the grey area, some call it camping, others call it hardscoping, this is when you find a point on the map with long line of sight and wide field of view, and provide callouts on enemy players for your team, pick off stray targets and provide cover for allies capturing points or planting bombs

Head glitching:

This is where your head is the only part of your body that is visible to the enemy forcing them to aim at your head since there is nothing else to shoot at, while at the same time the player behind the object can see perfectly above the object and can aim perfectly regardless of what object is in the way.

That is why people get mad about it because they consider that an unfair advantage since they are only able to shoot at your head but you can, without any trouble, see them in their entirety... Which is an almost fair complaint, yeh sure theyre forced to shoot at your head, but theres ALWAYS cover available to avoid this - Definition provided by "KTPheonix"

Is that how it works in real life?:

This, when you hear this you know they are truly butthurt, "Aww you shot me in the elbow with your .50 Cal, that wouldnt kill me in real life" Maybe not, but it will sure as **** blow your damn arm off

Tryhard

Multiple deffinitions:

Regular definition for people who cant play - Someone who knows the maps, picks a class and weapon well suited to it and in turn making themself a frieghtrain to be wreckoned with

My deffinition:

Somebody who try's to quickscope, doesnt play the objective, goes for kills and just generally blows chunks, then says its their teams fault coz theyre obviously the best player(often at the bottom of the leaderboard or has high kills but didnt contribute to the objective)

Trickshots only:

People sometimes call this rule in the face-off playlist, why? They think that doing spins, "double scoping", weapon swaps, jumping from roofs basically anything that is out of the norm is awesome and earns them some sort of "street cred", whenever i hear this, i say "I just wanna play the game the way it was meant to be played... Which in turn earns you the title "try-hard"

Now for a list of a couple of perks that i get called a noob for using and the reason i believe people dont like it

Assassin:

Someone who uses assassin to remain undetected whilst enemy UAV is up or while sniping, sure, its a powerful perk with the no red name when upgraded, but hell, if people are relying that much on the A.I to tell them where their enemy is they shouldnt be playing, look with your eyes not your map

Recon:

A person who uses this likes to be able to track the enemy when they lose direct line of sight, or even want to support a fellow teamate who is not far from a high killstreak (I managed to get my mate get 2 M.O.A.B's in as many games on a 2v2), you hate campers, use this perk and i can GAURANTEE you will praise IW for putting this in, this perk busts campers out of whatever hole you find them in one flash and BANG, you just run in with your smg or assualt rifle and clean up shop... And for all you people that whinge and maon about this perk, "wah wah its so op and nooby", S.T.H.U and put on deadsilence and it cuts the efect in half, which brings me to my next point

Deadsilence:

Yeah i know, i been called a noob for using this, why? i have no idea, "aww wah, your camping in a corner and couldnt hear me coming? you shouldnt have been camping"... Good perk for sneaking up on people without sacrificing speed to crouchwalk, one annoying thing about this, is sitrep pro cancels it out and your just as loud as someone not running dead silence

This is all i can think of ATM... If you have any to add leave it in the comments below, discuss as you will

~WC Glorfindel         

• Re: Terms noobs use and my understanding of them
    frats74

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Red (or Reg?) Gunning:

A person who uses a weapon other then a sniper rifle in a game mode or map that will force close encounters such as domination, people get the poos when you use an assualt rifle or smg or even shotguns and you out-gun them in most if not all gun-fights becuase they made the poor choice of using a sniper rifle in tight quaters and cant grasp the concept of a secondary weapon

Never heard of the the term, but I've enountered players using sniper class in all maps regardless if the map was more suited for medium to short range classes.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Hardscoping:

This is simple and we've all heard it, someone who uses the sniper rifle's high accuracy and long range scope to their advantage (Traditional sniping) by finding a long line of sight or a wide field of vison or better yet, both, i have been accused of this COUNTLESS times on maps such as Aground which is heavily sniper orientated

This is me.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Camper:

This... well we all know what this means... You know that obnoxious player class that finds a choke point, and sits there all game and aims down sight, or even a room somewhere thats easily defenable and its generally hard to kill them, THAT is camping

This is a tricky one and although we all know what it means, alot of people struggle to identify it, sitting in a small are barely moving is camping, Hanging around a captured point in domination or defending a bombsite in search, is not, thats called defending, cant stress that enough...

Sniping is the grey area, some call it camping, others call it hardscoping, this is when you find a point on the map with long line of sight and wide field of view, and provide callouts on enemy players for your team, pick off stray targets and provide cover for allies capturing points or planting bombs

This is also an excuse made by people when they're in the final killcam so they won't look bad.

ie. I hid behind a wall to reload after rushing in and firing an entire clip, I threw a flash bang grenade, I rushed in and killed the player for the win. Because the killcam didn't show the whole ordeal, just the part where I was behind the wall, the player and his teammates called me a camper.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Head glitching:

I have NO idea what the **** this means but apparently I do it alot... if you know what it is leave a comment plz

No idea either.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Is that how it works in real life?:

This, when you hear this you know they are truly butthurt, "Aww you shot me in the elbow with your .50 Cal, that wouldnt kill me in real life" Maybe not, but it will sure as **** blow your damn arm off

Knight?

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Tryhard

Multiple deffinitions:

Regular definition for people who cant play - Someone who knows the maps, picks a class and weapon well suited to it and in turn making themself a frieghtrain to be wreckoned with

My deffinition:

Somebody who try's to quickscope, doesnt play the objective, goes for kills and just generally blows chunks, then says its their teams fault coz theyre obviously the best player(often at the bottom of the leaderboard or has high kills but didnt contribute to the objective)

Your definition is more accurate.

Tryhard is a derogatory term for unskilled players who try hard to play and win; Tryhard is n00b V2.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Trickshots only:

People sometimes call this rule in the face-off playlist, why? They think that doing spins, "double scoping", weapon swaps, jumping from roofs basically anything that is out of the norm is awesome and earns them some sort of "street cred", whenever i hear this, i say "I just wanna play the game the way it was meant to be played... Which in turn earns you the title "try-hard"

Fanboys; tryhards.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Now for a list of a couple of perks that i get called a noob for using and the reason i believe people dont like it

Assassin:

Someone who uses assassin to remain undetected whilst enemy UAV is up or while sniping, sure, its a powerful perk with the no red name when upgraded, but hell, if people are relying that much on the A.I to tell them where their enemy is they shouldnt be playing, look with your eyes not your map

Agree. Those people would not last long in Hardcore Mode.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Recon:

A person who uses this likes to be able to track the enemy when they lose direct line of sight, or even want to support a fellow teamate who is not far from a high killstreak (I managed to get my mate get 2 M.O.A.B's in as many games on a 2v2), you hate campers, use this perk and i can GAURANTEE you will praise IW for putting this in, this perk busts campers out of whatever hole you find them in one flash and BANG, you just run in with your smg or assualt rifle and clean up shop... And for all you people that whinge and maon about this perk, "wah wah its so op and nooby", S.T.H.U and put on deadsilence and it cuts the efect in half, which brings me to my next point

Agree. Maybe the same people who complain about other people using Assassin should use Recon.

WC_Glorfindel wrote:

Deadsilence:

Yeah i know, i been called a noob for using this, why? i have no idea, "aww wah, your camping in a corner and couldnt hear me coming? you shouldnt have been camping"... Good perk for sneaking up on people without sacrificing speed to crouchwalk, one annoying thing about this, is sitrep pro cancels it out and your just as loud as someone not running dead silence      

Agree. Some people just don't like losing.