48 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 10:14 AM by A Pig that flys RSS

Probation

Now treyarch officially sucks.....Probation is the WORST idea any company has ever had..... How dare they punish people for leaving games they dont wish to play, if they dont like the maps or are getting lag from shitty hosts, or god forbid they accidenally teamkill, or if  they dashboard for whatever reason. its called freedom of choice, WE CHOOSE to buy ur games and spend our money , and this is how you treat us?? Treyach can go **** themselves I will never buy anything else from them or activision as long as idiots come up with ideas like this.

• Re: Probation
    highlandsparky

recoil13 wrote:

I will never buy anything else from them or activision as long as idiots come up with ideas like this.

One less complainer littering the forum boards then.

nicedrewishfela

Quit quitting, quitter.

i quit all the time and have never been put on probation... maybe you are dashboarding?

and dashboarding for whatever reason means people should be punished? wheres the logic in that?

DontBanMyAccounts

is it always 1 dashboard? as far as i know, 1 dashboard gives you the warning....

anyways, IS NOT that difficult to exit ingame, then dashboard

u still get punished for that

Im just saying in general this " probation " is pathetic. Its everyones choice to play as they want so long as they are not cheating, boosting,  or using exploits. If they dont want to play a certain map or game for whatever reason why should they be punished. Thats my main arguement here

riffy08

Yes, and that's why if you back out ingame you are not penalized as much.  Those people that dashboard are ruining that match for those of us that like the map (which you seriously can't suck it up and play it?) and THAT should be punished in my opinion.  Yeah, back out if you need to, but dashboarding is your attempt to ruin the match, and you know it.

starbuckfrack

You choose to leave the game so YOU suffer the consequences quitter.

We all play the same exact game you do. I havent been on probation yet. Wonder why ?

BTW quitting games early to preserve your stats IS cheating.

My issue with probation is that I play hardcore.  Yes you will sometimes accidentally teamkill but why do I get kicked out of the game and then have to sit in probation...That is crap.  Set it like ricochet and if I teamkill I kill myself.  it will also stop the new thing of teamkilling to get their carepackage.  there are a bunch of losers out there that are doing that.  I earned it yet you sit and kill me when it drops.....

im not quitting to preserve my stats, i quit if i dont enjoy the map or players im playing with...i dont dash board, If im not enjoying the mapmor game than i leave...my choice...that simple, and yes if u get kicked for teamkillin u also get this probation, and we all know playing hardcore accidental team kills is hard to avoid when idiots run in front of ur line of fire....so please dont try and make me look like some fuckin noob, i know exactly what im talking about, and i dont cheat or anything i just play the game to enjoy it, an this makes it far less enjoyable....and as someone who has payed for this game, i have the right to ***** as i see this as unfair to all people who play it legitmally for fun....and yes riccochet should be used in all hardcore not this fuckin 3 teamkills and ur gone BS

starbuckfrack

recoil13 wrote:

im not quitting to preserve my stats, i quit if i dont enjoy the map or players im playing with...i dont dash board, If im not enjoying the mapmor game than i leave...my choice...that simple, and yes if u get kicked for teamkillin u also get this probation, and we all know playing hardcore accidental team kills is hard to avoid when idiots run in front of ur line of fire....so please dont try and make me look like some fuckin noob, i know exactly what im talking about, and i dont cheat or anything i just play the game to enjoy it, an this makes it far less enjoyable....and as someone who has payed for this game, i have the right to ***** as i see this as unfair to all people who play it legitmally for fun....and yes riccochet should be used in all hardcore not this fuckin 3 teamkills and ur gone BS

Hence the reason you get on probation. You are ruining it for all the other players so YOU are getting punished for YOUR choice.

If you dont enjoy the map then why not leave while in the lobby ? THAT doesnt give you probation.

Oh thats right you probably quit in the MIDDLE of games because your KD ratio goes down.

As I said I never EVER got probation and I play hardcore.

SitRepPro

Don't really condone dashboarders because games can be lost, but I don't really mind if players leave lobbies by backing out the standard way because they're getting lag comped to high heaven or getting their asses hounded to them.  Sometimes it means I get more kills myself.  But if they put people on probation for backing out the real way to allow a host migration then that is kinda schoolish.  For all the stuff they've put in to take into account girlfriendless basement gamers in making it 'competitive', they sure ballsed it up with all the headglitches on the maps as it handicaps the non-headglitcher in an engagement for it to be deemed fair, therefore, anti-competitive.

A more mature way would be to replace missing players with bots.  Or better yet, get rid of the stats because it's available to the public.  It's not like they're going to do anything productive, like help you get a job at Goldman Sachs or anything.  The only stat I particularly look at is accuracy, because that's a measure gun skill.  Or do what Battlefield does (and among other shooters) where you have to finish your game to have your progress counted.

In COD4 and WaW you get the occasional stat padders but people don't back out near as much as in BO2 because of all this stupid fascination over stats and people play according to it in BO2, whereas in COD4 and WaW people actually seem to play for fun rather than an e-sport.

anuebis216

Probation for accidential TKs is garbage.

Probation in general is garbage pretty sure we all payed 60$ give or take for this if we want to leave we should be able to leave its a public game its not like your playing competetivly its a joke really this whole series is dead to me

YourGameIsBroken

and not like their game runs the best in the world...or even halfway close to being the best.  I get a terrible connection, I'm not going to waste the next 10.5 minutes with not being able to even stand a chance at killing anyone, so that I can back out and avoid a 5 minute bs probation.  I don't have hours on end to play, so I want at least a decent chance when I do get to play.

Probation in general is garbage, pretty sure we all payed 60$ give or take for this if we want to leave we should be able to leave its a public game its not like your playing competetivly its a joke really this whole series is dead to me. Hopefully I can atleast get 20 bucks back for this abomination.

Probation in general is garbage, pretty sure we all payed 60$ give or take for this if we want to leave we should be able to leave its a public game its not like your playing competetivly its a joke really this whole series is dead to me. Hopefully I can atleast get 20 bucks back for this abomination.

fearsom wrote:

pretty sure we all payed 60$ give or take for this if we want to leave we should be able to leave its a public game

QFT.

- Younique

Audiophile

I do not rage quit.....I have never dashboarded. One thing that I have found ridiculous is in League Play when the host quits or dashboards and the connection is lost, I get kicked from the room (along with everyone else) and I get put on probation?!?!!?? How is it my fault the connection to the game was lost???? THIS is what needs to be fixed......sick and tired of getting probation due to someone else quitting or dashboarding!!

Why should you be able to leave?...you commited to the game so stick it out and finish what you started...

You are part of a team, so help your team-mates..

All this talk about not being able to leave and TKing is total nonsense and all that say it shouldnt be in the game have just admited that the dash all the time because i get kicked at least twice a nyt for accidently TKing and never get put on probation!!

All that are annoyed at probation are so obviously stat-boarding all night....it makes me chuckle lightly to myself and puts a smile on my face to see that a cod has eventually got a method to stop dashers and people who constantly ruin others games!!

The sad thing is that I with my1.5 K/D, will destroy you with your 3 cuz its been artifically constructed..how can you's actually accept fake K/D?...brainwashed in the masses....

get2dachoperrrr

Exactly right, so let's just call the probation for not leaving the game but for leaving your team mates in a bad position for the game.

I have never been on probation and i don't see an issue with it.... Whoa! mind blown.

xmrythem

you will never get probattion from quiting, only dashboarding and teamkilling.

If you don't like to teamkill, go play core. If you don't like dashboarding, simply quit.

get2dachoperrrr

You get it for quitting too, it's what people are upset about because they got put on it.

They may of paid for the game but you didn't develop it probation was developed into the game so therefore you paid for probation in the game.

I have left games on occasion and never had any repercussions.  I don't like it when people dashboard in the middle of a game.  It screws everyone else that's having fun in that match.  If there were no consequences for team killing then a lot of immature players would take advantage and constantly do it.  I have been kicked out of HC for being to quick with the trigger finger and accidentally killing teammates.  It didn't upset me because it was my mistake.  I'm sure my teammates were happy too

DemonHunter777

They put me on double probation all the time. Just suck it up. I leave the game even more now just, because of it.

DemonHunter777

As a matter of fact I just joined a match that was just starting and quit just because I can.

Well if thats what you bought the game for and the xbox and the BB and how you get your kicks, good for you!

enjoy yourself now...I couldnt handle the excitment of watching the probation warning all that time..good luck...

A Pig that flys

For one, everyone who's complaining about lag, it's either you OR the host. If it's the host, it will 4/5 times migrate. If it's you, then as long you're on a one bar, leaving is fine, since you can't get probation for leaving on a one bar, unless it''s the host's connection. And 9/10 times, if it's your connection, you'll get kicked for 'disconnected from host' or 'lost connnection to the host', which doesn't get you probation.

After that, joing a game mid session and leaving BEFORE you spawn is doesn't get you probation, since you didn't play, and treyarch understands you may not like the map. If you leave mid game and were in that same lobbies pre-game lobby, then you CAN get probation, since you could've left before the game even started.

Leaving in-game after you've been playing for a while comes from 1/2 of 2 things:

Not having fun because the other team is too good for you (you may not be bad, but they're better than you),

And you don't want your KDR or WL going down (only prevented by dashboarding) (this is also CHEATING!

If you look at probation and compare it to League of Legends, they give you probation because by leaving, you're giving the enemy team an advantage, meaning everyone that was on your team now gets a loss, and it can make the game less fun. They institute probation so that if you make other people's time wasted by pretty much securing them a loss by leaving, you DESERVE probation.

Long story short, unless it's connection wise, YOU DESERVE PROBATION!