1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 132 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 1:51 AM by like2nap03 Go to original post RSS
  • 81. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    EliteKing

i have my headset cranked to almost max volume...to the point where my eyes roll back in my head if a grenade goes off by me.

i can barely hear footsteps and im being generous saying that.

• 82. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    like2nap03

nintendon\'t wrote:

Found Vonderhaar's quote about footsteps:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/137duw/i_am_m_shadows_lead_singer_of_aveng ed_sevenfold/c71g3vx

"Too loud"? Really?

Too loud?  They were fine in Black Ops 1.  We have a useless perk and get stabbed in the back because of his opinion?  He's not the one paying money for this thing.  Ridiculous.

• 83. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    like2nap03

EliteKing wrote:

i have my headset cranked to almost max volume...to the point where my eyes roll back in my head if a grenade goes off by me.

i can barely hear footsteps and im being generous saying that.

I have super crunch on and I actually have surround sound heaphones that can handle the LPCM 5.1 audio the game uses when put in surround sound mode.  AND I calibrated them so that sounds like footsteps should stand out.  AAAANNNNNDDDD I cranked them way up.  Still can barely hear them and only sometimes.  Can't leave them that loud though or I won't be able to hear anything for very long.  Tell you what though.  When I do hear them you've never seen someone turn around so fast! lol Haven't been able to react fast enough to get the kill because they are so close but I at least hit them with a shot.  Maybe one day it will be a headshot.

• 84. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    BobbyMcGee

You ought to change your name to footsteps

• 85. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    like2nap03

Bumping.  It's Call of Duty.  Not Call of the Ninja.  Footsteps need to be louder.

• 86. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    nintendon't

YES.  I just started using the KSG and it's so ******* infuriating when a god damn silenced SMG fairy pops out of nowhere right in front of me without any noise and sprays me down before I can do anything. He wasn't even using Dead Silence. I almost punched a hole in my wall....

• 87. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    BobbyMcGee

Lol, can somebody get this guy some louder footsteps?

Honestly I've never posted  about it but yeah, they need to be louder, it makes a few perks useless. That's not even really an opinion.

• 88. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    like2nap03

nintendon\'t wrote:

YES.  I just started using the KSG and it's so ******* infuriating when a god damn silenced SMG fairy pops out of nowhere right in front of me without any noise and sprays me down before I can do anything. He wasn't even using Dead Silence. I almost punched a hole in my wall....

That's funny.  I get mad when a shotgun user sneaks up on me and shoots me in the back. 

• 89. Re: Can anyone hear enemy footsteps?
    like2nap03

Well I found one map where Awareness makes a difference...sometimes.  You can hear footsteps on Aftermath in some spots.  On Transit it's still the same. You can hear people in certain situations but still get knifed in the back and never know they were there till they kill you.  You can hear them (barely) on the tracks.  You can hear the train make noise when someone jumps on/in it, but you don't hear the footsteps.  Just the train creaking due to them jumping on or in it.

Can't hear jack on....oh crap.  I'm going blank.  It has those big generator looking things on one side of the map and a big dome thing with a metal floor and a bunch of pillars on the other.  Buildings on either end that people camp in.  A ramp in the middle with a tunnel going under it.  Whatever that map is you can't hear footsteps at all.  Only hear when people mantle/climb over things.  EDIT:  Meltdown is the map.  Can't hear anything on that one.  

Seems like awareness makes some noises louder, but not the footsteps with the exception of a few spots on aftermath. 

On Hijacked I hear a ton of footsteps in the cabins of the boat, but they were all my teammates.  Seems like it made their steps louder on that map.

EDIT:  I was able to hear the enemy on this one sometimes.  Still got shot in the back a few times.  MUCH harder to hear someone behind you.

Overflow was like Transit.  You can hear noises, but not the footsteps.  You can always hear when someone steps in a puddle or some mud. It made that puddle splash sound louder but not the footsteps.  As soon as they are out of the puddle it's silence again.  Other wise you hear when they climb or mantle things, and sometimes you hear them if they are sprinting REALLY close to you while you can hear your teammates from much further away. (teammates are louder on every map of course)  On most maps you can't hear them even if they are sprinting until it's WAY too late or just not at all.

And yes I made sure no one was using dead silence.

Awareness makes some movement noises louder, but not the footsteps.  It's not worth using by itself.  How can anyone say it's better to keep that and not use engineer?  Even when I was testing it I kept engineer with Perk 3 greed.

This really should be fixed.  First Call of Duty game in years where you couldn't hear the enemy footsteps.  Again, I don't want the sitrep pro craziness.  I'll admit that was a little too loud.  But you could hear them at a more reasonsable volume with dead silence in MW3.  You could even hear them without dead silence.  It was just harder to hear them over your own footsteps which it should be.  Dead silence in this game is useless.  No one can hear footsteps anyway and you still make noise when you climb over things or jump down from somewhere.  There is literally no point in using it.

Patch this please.

1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next