18 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 4:32 AM by pauly02 RSS

How Do I Get On The Good Side Of Lag Compensation...? A_Trey_U?

EliteKing

so...i've been on a profile not named EliteKing and some games are good and most games are horrendous.

but there are few guys who constantly pull off 3,4kds while only running a pistol or some semi auto AR with an ACOG from long range.

this is my question to A_Trey_U, how does one permanently stay on the good side of lag compensation...and if you dont know what that is, then i highly suggest you take the Treyarch WiiU home for the weekend & go nuts with the wiimote.

dont play in private matchs in your companys connection, hook that bad boy up to your home internet and get a real feel for what is going on here. i am 10000000% positive that you will notice immediately what is going on.

my kds for the following games on the wii...

WAW:3+

MWR:3

BO:3

MW3:3+

BO2:two weeks ago, 1.9 and slipping every time i load up this game.

i use wiimote & nuck for all of those games so i know its not me.

my connection hasnt changed, but the game's connection has.

if i turn a corner and start unloading on a guy and he kills me in 1 shot...i sit there amazed...then i see the kill cam and he saw me first and actually ran circles around while hipfiring a full clip into my chest BEFORE i get my 2nd hit marker.

what can i do to make this game better?

to the people here in this forum, how has the game treated you?

A_Trey_U, what can you do to make the game more enjoyable?

people with good connect shouldnt be punished by having this lag comp curse applied to them.

we pay for better internet, then we get lag comp'd to death.

i sincerely hope you read and reply to this, thanks.

posted from my WiiU.

• Re: How Do I Get On The Good Side Of Lag Compensation...?

The game treats me fine other than me apparently sucking 90% of the time. I have cable internet running wireless through my house. It is the standard speed, not sure what that is (I'm not a true tweeker). Once in a while I'll get booted. I've not witnessed the issue you're talking about though. That would be frustrating for sure. It's hard enough sinking a hit on some of these guys as it is.

Just putting that out there b/c you asked. Hope you get the issued worked out.

Padiego

I am strictly wiimote  , and so far.... kd in reflex:1.3, bo:1.8, mw3:1.8, bo2: 2.2 .....maybe you're just getting old :D. Then again, in bo and mw3 i played dom 24/7 while in bo2  ,i stick to tdm and kc. My w/l has been.over 2.0 since mw3 btw. I think it was 1.5 in bo. So far...connection wise...its all mostly good. But my connection is averagely good, so idk whats going on ._.

GermanicMexican

You can't do nothing other than hope everyone you playing with has a good connection and doesn't live more than 500 miles away from you.

EliteKing

battle gun - do you have any other CODs for the wii? cuz if you did, you would be able to tell the difference.

paddy - seriously bro?  we outfought custom FMG hackers on MW3 and still came out with a 3 kd.

gettin old?  hardly.

gettin gray hair cuz of the connect on BO2?  fo shiggady.

GMex - idk man, im just hoping and praying that this game gets fixed.

~#~going to load up now, just read that there was this hotfix for connects....i hope it does what it say it do. more to come later or tomorrow to update whats going on....~#~

Black Ops II Wii U - Update - 2/4/2013

Posted by A_Trey_U on Feb 4, 2013 4:24 PM

HOTFIX: 2/4/2013 - 3:00PM PST

• Server changes to improve connections
  • Re: How Do I Get On The Good Side Of Lag Compensation...? A_Trey_U?
    like2nap03

I think I have an answer to your question.  How do you get on the good side of lag comp?  Find a friend who has a 2.0kdr or higher.  Go play at their house. 

nintendon't

What is being on the good or bad side of lag comp? It makes no sense to me that the game allegedly singles people out.

When I play almost all of my kills/deaths seem fair and warranted. Plus the hit detection is some of the best I've seen in an online shooter so far.

like2nap03

Game doesn't run the same for everyone.  The good side of lag comp is when you shoot people the hit detection is perfect and they die.  The bad side is you shoot someone in the back, unloading half a clip, and they turn around and drop you in one shot.  Last night was a good example.  First hour I played my bullets did nothing.  People ran through them or just turned on me and dropped me.  I died instantly.  Second hour I played it was like MW3.  I was running and gunning and people were dropping like flies.  Hit detection was perfect.  Most of the time it runs good but sometimes you get in a lobby and it's just awful.  I don't know if the host is in China or what but sometimes it just runs like crap. 

DatBigSwitcha2

So therefore it doesnt happen ro everyone right? I guess you're a representative sample of the whole world......

Earlier today I was playing on Express. I was using the R870 trying to get it to max prestige. I shot a guy point blank range, hitmarker, no kill.

I watched the killcam.

His screen was blood red after having just killed another guy, I shot him, his screen flinched and he killed me.But of course, the killcam must be lying, or this must be made up because this hasnt ever happened to you.

I could rattle off about 5 deaths today where I am prefiring someone with a VSAT up only for me to die. Somehow landing 6 bullets into someone without them even shooting isnt enough to kill them, but again i'm lying or something, because you havent experienced this.

your experience =/= everyone elses. please try and remember that.

nintendon't

You said you lived in the UK though in another post, there's not as many people playing there which means you have a big chance of getting a far away host with high ping......not the game's fault.

DatBigSwitcha2

Its entirely the games fault, as cited in a video there is a delay between character models at 0 ping,(see the OvenBakedMuffin video, cba to link it).

I was able to play MW3 against americans with no problem whatsoever. And since my internet has not changed it must be the game.

Why on earth i am being connected to hosts with outrageous pings is competely beyond me as well, thats also the games fault.

Thank goodness there is an option to leave them.

nintendon't

You UK players must be getting alot of foreign hosts. Like when the animation glitches  happened from playing with players in other regions with the last patch, most of the people complaining were UK/Europe players.

It's funny how the COD cycle repeats itself every year lol.

2010: OMG TREYARCH UR GAEM SUCKS AND IS LAGGY. I NEVER LAGGED IN MW2

2011:OMG INFINITY WARD UR GAEM SUCKS AND IS LAGGY.I NEVER LAGGED IN BLACK OPS

2012: OMG TREYARCH UR GAEM SUCKS AND IS LAGGY. I NEVER LAGGED IN MW3

2013: ?

like2nap03

My cycle.

Black Ops:  Always laggy.

MW3:  Never laggy.

Black Ops 2:  Sometimes laggy.  At least COD found a middle ground with me I guess.

DatBigSwitcha2

I've never had a problem with Infinity wards Netcode. Treyarch on the other hand, cant code a game for toffee. This is the funniest thing about the Cod series in general.

Treyarch has good overall game balance, but bad connections

IWard has bad overall game balance, but good connections.

They could solve a lot of problems by releasing a game together.

Let IWard handle the connection and the footsteps (accordin to Vonderhaar footsteps in BO1 were "Too Loud"), and treyarch do everything else. Would probbaly be the best CoD game ever.

EliteKing

nintendon\'t wrote:

You UK players must be getting alot of foreign hosts. Like when the animation glitches  happened from playing with players in other regions with the last patch, most of the people complaining were UK/Europe players.

im not UK, im from the west coast , CA to be exact.

WAW = awesome.

MWR = awesome.

BO = awesome.

MW3 = awesome.

BO2 = random as fluck and hard to gauge what to do and what not to do.  its a crap shoot anytime you join a lobby.  the 0.05 kd guys could be at the top and the 2.5+ kd guys could be gettin owned by the 0.05kd guy.

its crazy and i'll be passing judgement on this new hotfix to connections after tonight.

bad news, the check boucned.

nintendon\'t wrote:

I have #h!t games in an all euro lobby, its got absolutely nothing to do with english v U.S hosts. Get your heads round that fact. I never had this problem with any other game. Thats why there are idiots here making threads asking treyarch for a minimum internet speed and stuff. The servers in this game are way off. Its not your internet peeps, its not the host.

ITS THIS STUPID GAME!!!

EliteKing

it would be awesome if A_Trey_U at least acknowledged the lag comp problem.