13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2013 10:59 AM by RallyOrDie RSS

ctf tactics

banned-again

ive just been playing hardcore ctf against a full clan and everything was going great plenty of kills and deaths it seemed that everyone was really wanting to grab the flag and win, so anyway they managed to grab the first flag then they just shut up shop and refused to move from their spawn point for the rest of the game they won the game with 1 flag capture.

so what i want to know is do you think this is a smart move by them or cheap tactics

• Re: ctf tactics

id say cheap, not respected

phxs72

Cheap but often how CTF gets played.  If they don't do it on the first cap then they definitely will do it on the second one so that they can rack up scorestreaks for the second round.  I can't fault the strategy of it but it makes for some boring matches.

NoLifeKing29

Sounds like a typical game of CTF, the worst game mode in the game. Cap the flag, camp, farm kills.

poppirt

I just started playing ctf the other day. I got in a game and both me and my son made are way to the flag and got 2 succesfully back. Then some dude on our team got the flag and refused to return it. He kept just running around. of course he gets killed and it seems like my son and I where the only ones trying get them and take them back. I don't get it.

some players are dumb.. im strictly ctf, and ill defend our flag and make sure that the runner has  a clean way back toward our base, but then he runs in the corner and camps..

i yelling at him CAP the flag!

because there are runners on the enemy spawn waiting for the flag to get back  and what will ened up happening is he will die, ill die trying to protect him,a nd the runners on the enemy spawn will die waiting for the enemy flag to come back, which then the enemy will grab our flag and they will cap it

i donno, maybe they dont know wthey have the flag? lol

phxs72

Yep.  I've seen it many times and it always ends the same.  They think that they are going to get some big scorestreaks by getting kills while holding the flag but in the end they always die and like Error said they often just end up giving the other team a free shot at taking your flag.

RallyOrDie

I rather sit in the enemies spawn and kill them right after they spawn.